• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Relax

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I really love how this piece is coming along.
The monochromatic colors really set the mood in this.
I'm with heartless on this one you have definitely improved since last we saw your work.

I do have a few critics. I do wish that the shading was a bit more unified and smooth. Right now it's very choppy, granted the overall mood allows for it. It's just a personal preference.

I'm not a fan of the white background either. Perhaps if you added in some other objects in the background? or maybe even lightly color the background a light brown. I dunno the blue, gray, and black colors would really pop more if there was some brown color somewhere in the background, even if it's lighter.

That's all for critic and the funny thing is I just started my Drawing II class as well.​

Regret

wat
LOOK AT ALL YE DANDY'S PRANCIN ABOOT WITH YOUR HEA
I agree with Proper Artist on the fact that a background would bring the piece to a close, But I believe some shading/more black would be all that is needed and not necessarily more objects (x.x I hate adding more objects to a piece then the original few)

Also, the table part in the upper left seems a bit more choppy and not as cleanly drawn as the other side, but that could be just me ^^;

I loved how you shaded this one, and I like how you incorporated the white a lot more, it doesn't look out of place at all, some other charcoal pieces I've seen just adds the white on as an after thought, which ruins the piece. I never really tried adding white when ever I did a charcoal piece so that only adds to the attractiveness of this one =)

I like it, great piece to keep with you. *thumbs up*

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^Thank you! I definitely suggest using white and black charcoal together. I hadn't ever thought of it as possible either, but it's a great way to see both shadows and lights instead of just shadow. Start off putting in the whites and blacks and then move into the midtones. Surprisingly fun, try it on a piece of brown or gray paper. Brown = my favorite.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I like it! Wish I can draw and do that! Does take alot of practice doesn't it? Well yeah, I'm taking a Drawing II class in HS, so yeah,.....hmm.....it's nice. Love the charcoal coloring and all especially with the can and ipod....right?

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Entire thing looks a bit sloppy. Headphones especially are messed up.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Entire thing looks a bit sloppy. Headphones especially are messed up.

Such an enjoyable person you are. <-<

Agreed. Was my first time to use both white and black charcoal and I definitely could have made the desk look more unified. The MP3 player itself could be more rectangular, not as funny looking as it is.

The camera quality could be a little better. I can't blame everything on the camera, but it's more sharp irl, not as smudged as you see here.

I found the headphones to be one of the better parts of this. As that was exactly how the headphones looked, I was quite pleased. Especially since I forgot they were even there till about halfway through. XD Was it the headphone cord you dislike? It's too thick and a little messy where it hangs off the table, yet it does seem to curve like it's supposed to. It's permanently bent those ways from being wrapped around the Sansa.

I'm sorry, I seem to disagree with you. :/ I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me here, especially everyone's addressed the smudged. I wouldn't necessarily say sloppy, just not smooth. Although the smudge above the can, how I hate that. If that's what you're talking about, I had already addressed it in the description on dA. An early mistake in proportions that would not let itself be fixed.

Thanks for the eh, comment though.

Tsuki-chan

&#12388;&#12365;&#12371;
Awards
-claps with joy-
You were already a great artist, but wow, you've improved since the last time I looked at your art Miss. Kairigirl.
Like you've already pointed out it's a little messy, but it's your first time using white and black charcoal. The mp3 and headphones are really good, it's looks quite realistic, but the white books looks flat O_O or maybe it's just me. Overall it's really is a...relaxing picture, good job.
9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back