• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Relationships

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kasukichips

I don't understand why everyone seems to be bashing the Riku and Namine ship already. I’m guessing it's the RokuNami fantards sigh

Namine is her own person now. if she begins to develop feeling for Riku and vice versa, that's up to them and i'm all for it. It's Nomura's game and choice too.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't understand why everyone seems to be bashing the Riku and Namine ship already. I’m guessing it's the RokuNami fantards sigh

Namine is her own person now. if she begins to develop feeling for Riku and vice versa, that's up to them and i'm all for it. It's Nomura's game and choice too.
More like everyone feels as though there is too little interaction/development between them for there to even be a ship, but okay.

I don't really think anyone actually has a problem if something were to develop but literally holding your hand out to help someone isn't substantial basis for anything.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Namine is her own person now. if she begins to develop feeling for Riku and vice versa, that's up to them

Same goes for if they don't.

and i'm all for it.

Would you consider yourself a RikuNami fantard? thonk

It's Nomura's game and choice too.

tenor.gif

Bold of you to assume that will stop anyone from anything.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean I see things such as the Riku Nami scene (also combined with Sora's convo with Nami) to be more as like... marking the possible intent of the writers going forward, not like, hard proof it's already A Thing. Similarly while someone can argue out of SoKai, I think it's very clear what the intent of those scenes are meant to be, even if one can put forth an interpretation that says otherwise. How much that intent matters to someone though will be up to them.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I dunno
The handholding had a close up shot and they were isolated from the others.
Seems blantantly romantic.

I mean sure, that was the intent, but then what was the entirety of DDD? A SoRiku romcom?
With SoKai, the sunset scene just works because for a girl and a boy, that's already more than needs to happen for it to be canon valid definitely proven

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I dunno
The handholding had a close up shot and they were isolated from the others.
Seems blantantly romantic.
That also has a lot to do with the fact that Sora sacrificed himself for Kairi. Of course they want to share a moment, before the repercussions of his actions take effect.

Hexxagone

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Again, that can be either/or. They were separated for over a year, whereas Riku was his companion in DDD. Of course he was hoping they could finally be together. Best friends are still heartbroken when they're separated for such a long duration of time after being inseparable from a young age.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
SoKai is definitely romantically implied, just badly developed.

It wouldn't really stop anything. Like, queer fans are pretty used to having to ignore or go against the word of god in order to interpret their ships. Slash isn't really about "what is actually going to happen in the canon story", part of it is a commentary that it never would happen and why that's wrong.

It would at least end some of the discord. Nomura can't translate well what he wants or what his intentions are or what it is that crosses a line to romance. Either clearly define it or just stop with the vagueness. We can't even trust him to handle close to decent writing.

Of course, because people questioning a ship that has no build up, follow up, with no romantic foundation constructed in 7+ games including III itself isn't enough to be valid? Right.

I mean, heeey, good for you that you're complacent with...that. Not everyone's going to be. And you shouldn't have expected any different with the lack of chemistry.

Naminè is more the primary concern here and should be. Because if Kairi gets what she is getting now, it's not going to bode well for her blonde other self either going against the strong connection of Sora and Riku. Especially since Riku is Sora's most important priority [and person]. And we have Nomura. Thankfully, I may not be there to watch it happen before me.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You know you could very easily turn that on its head too?
Like, several people don't understand why "everyone" suddenly has to make a romantic couple out of Riku and Naminé based on one single fucking scene just because what? Because they're a boy and a girl?
To "pair the spares" or finally get the possibility of Riku being non-straight dealt with?

Must be the Namiku fantards *sigh*

Why not ship Naminé with Xion? They're after all collecting seashells together at the beach in one scene.

Gosh, stuff like the above is why I despise all the whole shipping and romance crap.

---

I guess I'm gonna just quote Hayao Miyazaki:
I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Why not ship Naminé with Xion? They're after all collecting seashells together at the beach in one scene.

That ship has gained actual traction, lol, as predicted. It'll be even funnier if that "and someone who wants to see you again most of all" line was referring to her.

Hayao Miyazaki

Legend.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
That ship has gained actual traction, lol, as predicted. It'll be even funnier if that "and someone who wants to see you again most of all" line was referring to her.
I am so far ahead of that curve I'm already at KH7 headcanon. The shell collection to the tune of "Chikai"/"Don't Think Twice" alone just blasted away every other character-to-character interaction in the game for me, lol.

I guess I'm gonna just quote Hayao Miyazaki:
Take notes, Nomura.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Fun fact: Sora has better chemistry with every single other female character he interacts with than Kairi....well, except Anna and Elsa. They just kind of ignore him.

I felt it with rapunzel to be honest

I see no reason why she couldn't have gotten some exp in training out their in some of the worlds

Also is no one else seeing it in Terra and Aqua

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've always thought Terra / Aqua would be a great ship to become canon. They are both well-developed characters solo, and they just feel more mature than the rest of the cast. The only other character that comes close is Riku because of how much he's been through.

I still wonder if we'll even see TAV again in the next game though... So much about what's going to happen post-3 feels up in the air. We could see more of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either. The only problem is Aqua is the series' most popular female character. It would be unfortunate for her to disappear.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
We'll see them. Someone has to stand against the Lost Masters. I also don't think they'd bother saying that every character has a gummiphone now if they weren't planning on doing something with it in the future.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh, overall, it is well observed by the storytelling that Sora/Kairi share a narrative that reflects a pretty typical and, in several ways, simple approach in romantic undertones—at times in way of being painfully shallow. Purely due to Nomura not seeming to want to write this type of thing outside of a surface level—something that I think is reflective on a lot of character interactions and development beside romantic intention alone. Wasted potential in a lot of different areas. Boo.

As for Riku and Namine, I find it all to be funny. I mean, people were shipping them together since CoM—back when Roxas was known as "BHK" lol I'm not surprise it's sparking again as per usual of the shipping phases, but I hardly expect anything impactful in regards to characterization. I mean, I'm still waiting on a detailed backstory for Terra and Aqua before Ven arrived in their lives. There's still much we don't know about them.

Hexxagone

I've always thought Terra / Aqua would be a great ship to become canon. They are both well-developed characters solo, and they just feel more mature than the rest of the cast. The only other character that comes close is Riku because of how much he's been through.

I still wonder if we'll even see TAV again in the next game though... So much about what's going to happen post-3 feels up in the air. We could see more of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either. The only problem is Aqua is the series' most popular female character. It would be unfortunate for her to disappear.

If they need 13 Lights to fight the 7 new Darkness then Terra Aqua and Ventus will be back

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm a firm believer in "finessing your friends", has disney reached so far into your souls you have to pair something romantically almost automatically or on the merit of bias? Honest question here, one that is concerning if you answer yes lol.

Blizzard-

Awards

I forget where it was, but wasn't it confirmed that Terra and Aqua are 20 & 18 respectively? That probably also contributes to them feeling more mature than the rest of the cast. This may also add to them being a good canon ship as most audiences see 18 as adult, and thus there won't be any issue of adult x kid stuff. (If you're not 18 then you're 12 lol)
And honestly, (probably merging into head canon now) the two of them have probably been conditioned to be together for years. If it wasn't for the unversed, they weren't going to get off LoD anytime soon in BBS. In an entire world of only 4 people, your options are kind of limited.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back