• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Relationships

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I am not baffled, but amused that Roxas and Naminè didn't get new outfits.

Naminè can at least blend in, but Roxas in the clock tower looked like he was too broke to afford high brand clothes like his friends and opted for the Hot Topic sales rack.

I want the wayfinder trio to adopt Namine and have her come live with them.

And she gets to live with a poor man's Sora with Roxas' face.

Win win.

Askelon

I want the wayfinder trio to adopt Namine and have her come live with them. And get a new dress for goodness sakes, because she eventually ought to be seen in something besides that same white dress! Does she just have the one dress? What does she do when it's laundry day, hide naked until it's finished drying?

But the white dress suit her so much, i can see her having the same dress in 10 exemplars.

And it would make more sense for her to go in Twilight Town to hang out with Roxas and Xion but again it would be more buddy's bond than family. Or Terra somehow remind that she contacted him while he was the Lingering Will and just dote her for that.

D

Deleted member 246005

I think riku's parents could have been used during the Xehanort saga. They could have been used as part of why he wanted to leave Destiny Island so badly. He could still be curious about the world and still wanna be a keyblade master etc.

I don't think his parents have to be villains or abusive. Neglectful or struggling financially is fine. The latter would be ideal as it push Riku to take more responsibility. That gives him a sort of arrogance over Sora, thinking he's better because he had to do more versus Sora whose just coasting through life (Riku's perspective/not 100% accurate).

Last edited by a moderator:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Just getting off topic a little, can you imagine what "The Talk" will be like with Sora? He has confirmed romantic feelings about Kairi now, so who's gonna explain it to him? Riku?

Sora: What's up Riku?
Riku: Sora, I wanna talk to you about...the birds and the bees...
Sora: Oh I love birds and bees! Like this one time, I helped Rapunzel get close to some song birds!
Riku: No, that's not what I...
Sora: And this other time, I helped Pooh get some honey from bees!
Riku: Sora! I'm talking about SEX!
Sora: Who's that? A new Organization XIII member?

And what will it be like when he actually gets to it!? Sora is gonna get his Keyblade wielded!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just getting off topic a little, can you imagine what "The Talk" will be like with Sora? He has confirmed romantic feelings about Kairi now, so who's gonna explain it to him? Riku?

Sora: Oh I love birds and bees! Like this one time, I helped Rapunzel get close to some song birds!

And what will it be like when he actually gets to it!? Sora is gonna get his Keyblade wielded!

1. Wtf
2. I’ll humor this post and remind you that Sora has two dads named Donald and Goofy who would give him the talk
3. Wtf
4. Sora’s not Goku and I’m pretty certain he’s seen enough couples in his travels to have questions
5. WTF
6. Confirmed is in the eye of the beholder k byyyyyyye

D

Deleted member 246005

Lea is gonna have to take one for the team and try to explain this to him.

Goofy woukd be funnier tho.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
1. Wtf
2. I’ll humor this post and remind you that Sora has two dads named Donald and Goofy who would give him the talk
3. Wtf
4. Sora’s not Goku and I’m pretty certain he’s seen enough couples in his travels to have questions
5. WTF
6. Confirmed is in the eye of the beholder k byyyyyyye

1. My apologies, OF COURSE it would be Sora's dads, Donald and Goofy (maybe more so Donald, but he's a duck, and ducks are monsters, so maybe not the best person to talk to)
2. Mmm...From our in-game perspective, I don't think he's seen any human on human stuff (I mean, Nala confirmed she was pregnant in KHII, but still...human on human)
3. Again, mmm...it was VERY implied when Kairi guided Sora out of the abyss, he had flashbacks of his KH III experiences in love, and it looked like he had an epiphany when he was holding Kairi's hand. Also, they DID share a Paopu fruit, and they WERE romantically holding hands at the end (him readjusting really sold it for me)

Rodin said:
Goofy woukd be funnier tho.

Here you go: http://www.dorkly.com/post/87135/what-disney-wont-admit-about-goofy-and-max

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I've decided all of your ships are broke.

The woke ship is:

tumblr_inline_pngi8muA5N1vxrh9g_1280.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've decided all of your ships are broke.

The woke ship is:

tumblr_inline_pngi8muA5N1vxrh9g_1280.jpg

I never knew true, unconditional love was real until this moment. What the heck Nomura, give us more of these mature ass relationships that have clear layers built on shared pasts and complicated futures.

I’m a sucker for tragedy

Askelon

After all this years i really hope we don't see any Riku or Sora biological parents. They basically went MIA for 2 or 3 years, come back at the end of KH3 and then Sora just disappear again.

Sora's mom: Dinner's cold for 2 years, where were you?
Sora: It's all started. . . with a talking duck and dog
Sora's mom: *is calling a doctor.*

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
he had flashbacks of his KH III experiences in love,
Including Anna and Elsa, whose love is not romantic.

Also, they DID share a Paopu fruit,
Riku and Sora's shared Keyblade also has a Paopu fruit as its keychain. The paopu can have romantic significance, but it can also represent strong, nonromantic connections as well.

Actually, I'm playing KH3 now for the 2nd time and because I've talked about this on the forum before, I noticed that at the beginning when young Xehanort is looking at the chessboard interspliced with other scenes, they show Kairi touching the drawing in the Secret Place of Sora and Kairi sharing paopus and a chess piece zooms out from where the paopus are (and the white piece--the last piece on the board--is in the shape of a paopu). The paopu seemed to finally gain more significance with KH3, because, imo, it's the reason everyone survived the first events at the KG and the reason Sora was able to rescue Kairi at the end. Paopus--symbolizing the strong bonds between hearts--were the ultimate piece behind Xehanort's defeat. No wonder it's part of the drawing Nomura made of Sora for the title menu.

they WERE romantically holding hands at the end (him readjusting really sold it for me)
Kairi had to hold his hand to lead him out of the Final World, didn't she? It's not really surprising he would have to do the same thing. I don't consider it romantic.

Don't get me wrong. Get your SoKai freak on. But as yet it isn't confirmed, imo. It likely will be though (my position since KH1), but that's going to take more than handholding.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Handholding is probably the most romantic interaction we will see in this series. There has never been an onscreen kiss, even between the Disney couples.

In regards to Sokai I still think it's something Nomura will address and possibly confirm in the following interviews.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm fine if this series never confirms a romantic relationship with anyone to be honest.

I know someone in here said they don't like family stuff because it's overdone, but Kingdom Hearts has the best kind of family stuff. They aren't even related, it's all just found family which is usually a tier above regular old family feels.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Handholding is probably the most romantic interaction we will see in this series. There has never been an onscreen kiss, even between the Disney couples.

In regards to Sokai I still think it's something Nomura will address and possibly confirm in the following interviews.

Didn’t we see a bunch of kissing in KH2? And Birth By Sleep. Like I didn’t just hallucinate the cutscene I just watched five seconds ago of the Prince kissing Snow.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can I just say it is absolutely insane y’all have ascribed handholding to be the end all romantic interaction when handholding has been around before Sora and Kairi did it.

I’m not denying the romantic interpretation that can be drawn from their interactions as it is definitely coded romantic, but handholding is not the sign of a couple being canon like y’all think it is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Outside of an actual kiss I'm not sure what other form of confirmation Sora and Kairi needed. An actual confession between the two of them might have helped

CutiePique

Awards
Can I just say it is absolutely insane y’all have ascribed handholding to be the end all romantic interaction when handholding has been around before Sora and Kairi did it.

I’m not denying the romantic interpretation that can be drawn from their interactions as it is definitely coded romantic, but handholding is not the sign of a couple being canon like y’all think it is.
[holds own hand] GUYS LOOK, I'M A COUPLE, I FINALLY DID IT

Honestly, the closest thing that indicates Sokai is a couple is the fact that they actually eat paopu together. TT clocktower buddies eat together, but they eat ice cream. Sora and Riku share a paopu in their shared keyblade attack. Aqua uses the paopu shape for the three wayfinders. Eating and the paopu's shape are clearly the metaphors for bonds in this series... but it's still up for interpretation whether eating paopu together is 100% an indication of romance. Kairi even downplays it in the moment with "I just want to be a part of your life no matter what. That's all" (paraphrasing because find the cutscene right now is too much work). I think at this point, all we can say is that Sokai's relationship/friendship is unique when compared to Soriku, the Wayfinder trio, and those ice cream fools with a death wish.

Also we know Sora and his mom must not have a good bond cuz dinner, yarharharharhar.

Back