• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Relationships

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas was talking to Terra and Aqua during the epilogue. I so hope they also end up babying Roxas too. Ha

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I like to think Ven’s as old as Aqua, just really short. It’s cuter that way. :p

but he is 14 and she is 18
or 1014 perhaps if it was just them we could get an avatar situation but her childhood friend Terra blocks that
have you seen this man
tumblr_pbtr2o9mLm1r4oq3ao2_540.gif

Askelon

I want to see more Ventus and Roxas interactions just for the headache it will cause for Axel. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
but he is 14 and she is 18
or 1014 perhaps if it was just them we could get an avatar situation but her childhood friend Terra blocks that
have you seen this man

We have official ages for the BBS crew now and Ventus is 16, just two years younger than Aqua and which means the age gap between her and Ven is the same as between her and Terra who is 20.

Thus, those who want to ship can ship away to their heart's content. (Not that if Ven would really be 14 it would stop anyone either ;P).

kaseykockroach

Awards
Allow me to bump this thread as a means of expressing my growing soft spot for Venqua.

I have a weakness for ships with height difference.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Aside from the heterosexuality of it all, the way Aqua and infantalizes Ven... makes it a "no" from me.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
For your consideration, Aqua doesn't infantalize Ven half as hard as Vanitas does and that's an equally popular and decidedly less heterosexual ship.

"Venty Wenty"

Oh dear. I'm starting to think Ventus is becoming the Armin of the KH fandom.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The best part of an Aqua x Ven ship is that Ven Ven is at perfect boob height. Other than that, their big sis/little brother relationship makes it a big turn off for me.

Zul

Awards
The best part of an Aqua x Ven ship is that Ven Ven is at perfect boob height. Other than that, their big sis/little brother relationship makes it a big turn off for me.

Yeah, I only like it on the very surface, purely in appearance because Ven's smol-ness looks adorable. Their actual in-game bond doesn't warrant it at all imo.

Also I think Aqua is close to the height of Terra's pecs so the boob argument works for them as well.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'll put it this way, Ven and Aqua have better romantic chemistry than Sora and Kairi.

"So does every character on this planet with Sora!"

Doesn't stop Nomura, now does it? :p

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

Um...yeah? Also, he's like, a THOUSAND years older than her. I mean I've heard of robbing the cradle but that's just...ew...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'll put it this way, Ven and Aqua have better romantic chemistry than Sora and Kairi.

"So does every character on this planet with Sora!"

Doesn't stop Nomura, now does it? :p

I think they'd have better chemistry, if not each scene they shared had them act all tense with a kind of romantically forced framing and had them more relaxed and interacting more like just two friends that really care for each other, their personalities playing off each other.

While acting a bit strange while around a crush is kind of normal it doesnt really help showcase potential chemistry.

Um...yeah? Also, he's like, a THOUSAND years older than her. I mean I've heard of robbing the cradle but that's just...ew...

Well chronologically yeah Ven is older, but biologically he's still 2 years younger and mentally he's more his biological age than his chronological age.

Plus we dont know anything about Aqua's past for all we know she comes from the era before the Age of Fairy Tales and has forgotten.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Joshing about Venqua aside, the issue with Sokai is that it's so amusingly transparent that the people behind these things (Nomura or otherwise) clearly have no interest in Kairi, yet feel as though they can't toss her in favor of either Sora having a more compelling hetero romance or just hooking with Riku. As though some outside force is insisting they keep using Kairi.
You could ship Sora with any other female character (Disney or otherwise) and you'd have more of a foundation as to why that ship works in a characteristic sense (Sora and Ariel had more chemistry than I assume was intended, to name an example I have a fondness for), rather than some kind of "she symbolizes his light" metaphorical crap that doesn't matter.
It's not an issue I find frustrating, as much as I feel sorry for Kairi/Sokai fans here that want to see Kairi become an actual character. I just find it...morbidly interesting, as a writer/artist myself. Like the paopou fruit scene before the final battle, where Sora and Kairi are all "I'll keep you safe" "No, I'll keep you safe!" mush. That scene felt so self-conscious, like the writer was trying to convince himself that this romance is indeed compelling and this scene was definitely earned! When, really, Riku talking with his replica was more believably romantic! :p

So when you have Sora constantly ready to sacrifice himself for Kairi, in KH1, 2 and twice in 3 (being her meat shield when Terranort was on his rampage, then in the ending), I just...don't buy it. I just pity the poor guy. That he's chasing something and he's only hurting himself, because we know Kairi will be back, will be placed in peril again in another game, and Sora will again be ready to sacrifice himself for her. Again. Because he just can't accept his relationship with her is inane and not worth all this stress.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think they'd have better chemistry, if not each scene they shared had them act all tense with a kind of romantically forced framing and had them more relaxed and interacting more like just two friends that really care for each other, their personalities playing off each other.

While acting a bit strange while around a crush is kind of normal it doesnt really help showcase potential chemistry.

Well chronologically yeah Ven is older, but biologically he's still 2 years younger and mentally he's more his biological age than his chronological age.

Plus we dont know anything about Aqua's past for all we know she comes from the era before the Age of Fairy Tales and has forgotten.

Please don't curse us like this lol, Xigbar, Demyx, and Luxord being added to the list was enough

Joshing about Venqua aside, the issue with Sokai is that it's so amusingly transparent that the people behind these things (Nomura or otherwise) clearly have no interest in Kairi, yet feel as though they can't toss her in favor of either Sora having a more compelling hetero romance or just hooking with Riku. As though some outside force is insisting they keep using Kairi.
You could ship Sora with any other female character (Disney or otherwise) and you'd have more of a foundation as to why that ship works in a characteristic sense (Sora and Ariel had more chemistry than I assume was intended, to name an example I have a fondness for), rather than some kind of "she symbolizes his light" metaphorical crap that doesn't matter.
It's not an issue I find frustrating, as much as I feel sorry for Kairi/Sokai fans here that want to see Kairi become an actual character. I just find it...morbidly interesting, as a writer/artist myself. Like the paopou fruit scene before the final battle, where Sora and Kairi are all "I'll keep you safe" "No, I'll keep you safe!" mush. That scene felt so self-conscious, like the writer was trying to convince himself that this romance is indeed compelling and this scene was definitely earned! When, really, Riku talking with his replica was more believably romantic! :p

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So when you have Sora constantly ready to sacrifice himself for Kairi, in KH1, 2 and twice in 3 (being her meat shield when Terranort was on his rampage, then in the ending), I just...don't buy it. I just pity the poor guy. That he's chasing something and he's only hurting himself, because we know Kairi will be back, will be placed in peril again in another game, and Sora will again be ready to sacrifice himself for her. Again. Because he just can't accept his relationship with her is inane and not worth all this stress.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yeah I agree with others who have said: They try so hard to make Sokai seem romantic it just comes off forced and unbelievable. Both of them had more chemistry with other characters in this game alone lol.[/FONT]

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas was talking to Terra and Aqua during the epilogue. I so hope they also end up babying Roxas too. Ha

What should have happened is Riku and Isa giving their long overdue apologies to him for what they committed in cut scenes.

That's too difficult for Nomura's brain to consider though, they're all just suddenly happy playing and eating ice cream. Yay.

UltimaXOmega

People are very ignorant of how subtle Japanese are about love. Sora X Kairi is confirmed and Riku X Namine,Roxas X Xion and Terra X Aqua are implied.

Back