• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Related Worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
There are now 4 worlds that I feel are mysteriously related to one another. It's been discussed before in various threads

Land of Departure
Daybreak Town
Scala ad Caelum
Keyblade Graveyard

Three of these worlds are 'homes' to keyblade wielders or places where they train and gather together. One of these is just a place where keyblade wielders continuously call the 'fated place' for reasons unknown and where they happily fight and die over and over again. Not to mention there are mysterious ruins under all that dirt.

Right now, my theory is these are all the same place or they were once one place that was split into pieces. Either way, the Land of Departure is the last remaining remnant of all these places. I remember in BbS, Eraqus said the land was important but it's... that's never brought up again. Just that light and darkness exist in balance.

Throwing my wildest theory out there, I think the Keyblade Graveyard was once a place akin to Scala ad Caelum. A grand location where all worlds and people originated. Some kind of great calamity occurred there, leaving the place in ruin and buried. Nothing was left except scars on the land indicating something huge and deadly took place.

Next came Daybreak Town. The new home of key wielders of all kinds. Thanks to the keyblade war, it too fell to ruin and probably disappeared.

Next came Scala ad Caelum. Not sure what happened to that place. Xehanort sure didn't say. In fact, I understand virtually nothing about that place other than it seems that's where all worlds are born??? Xehanort was surprised to be there and didn't care about destroying it. Scala ad Caelum shares some features with Daybreak Town, namely how the clock tower looks. Plenty of people also noticed under the water, the buildings look like the ruins of Daybreak Town.

Lastly, Land of Departure. It's been a broken mess since the beginning. Land of Departure looks like it's been cobbled together hastily and is barely holding itself in one piece. All around the landscape are broken buildings, pillars and bridges. From what I remember, there are streets and lamp posts half sunken into the water.

Notably, LoD and SaC don't share the same architecture (I'm not an expert on that though), but they are white buildings with lots of gold accents. Land of Departure is also a group of islands or mountains with water (I think)

Could it be all these places are fragments of each other, and in some cases, they're the same place with ruins built on top? If so, why do they keep recycling the same world? Or are these worlds unrelated and key wielders just pass down the same ideas for worlds and buildings?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would like to know what exactly happened to Scala ad Caelum myself. Xehanort callled it the seat of power for all keyblade wielders yet it's seemingly abandoned. Was there some sort of catastrophe in Eraqus and Xehanort's lives that caused the world and residents to disappear.

If so someone could have created Land of Departure in an attempt to replicate it.

SerDuncan

I'd go so far as to throw twilight Town and Radiant Garden in as well, both locations with mysterious areas and imagery that could tie into the whole Keyblade War plotline.

I'm convinced that the Land of Depature is just one of those Castle areas from the top of the hills in Scala ad Caelum. It's similar in appearance, and is Eraqus' personal homeworld.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
At first, I did think Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, Traverse Town, and Daybreak Town all had a connection, but now I'm not so sure. Three of these locations are associated with time and all 4 share some similar architecture.

Back