• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding the PSP Bundle Issue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonelyness21

Awards
Many people, if not everyone who has gotten the PSP Bundle of BbS has experienced a fault with it in which at random points, for no apparent reason, it opens up the Quit Screen the Home Button on the PSP triggers.

Well, I also got the PSP Bundle and I had never experienced this until today. It happened quite often and I was starting to feel bad about my new bought PSP, but I decided to battle a friend of mine anyway cause I have barely battled anyone. This was around 1:00pm and just as I entered Mirage Arena it has never happened again.

I know this is a fault with the PSP in itself, but it still caught my attention that after entering Mirage Arena and doing two 20 Minute battles it has completely stopped. Atleast for the time being

I bring this up to check if anyone else here who is experiencing these problems can either go to Mirage Arena and do some battles alone or with a friend to check if that helps in any way. If it actually does then that would mean the fault is within the game disc itself that came inside the PSP Bundles...

Just a little something I thought would help n_n

kitty

The place where dark and light intersect to make..
ummmm, well sorry to say, but thats pretty normal.

In case you didn't know this, when you press the home button on any game, on any psp, it says "Would you like to quit?"

This is normal, there is no problem, why do you think the home button is there?

Pianoajd2

In case you didn't know this, when you press the home button on any game, on any psp, it says "Would you like to quit?"

But the problem is that people never hit the home button, and it popped up. It seems to be a common problem.

Lonelyness21

Awards

-Sigh- You are not getting the problem. Almost everyone who has bought the bundle has had the problem that the "Would you like to Quit" screen appears ON IT'S OWN, WITHOUT PRESSING THE HOME BUTTON at all, even while just keeping the PSP LAYING DOWN and NOT TOUCHING IT it still happens. And it happens A LOT of times. So I was just stating that after visiting Mirage Arena and battling for 20 minutes, the error in which the screen appears ON IT'S OWN has not happened...

Please read more carefully next time .__.

Last edited:
M

Menatsu

Ah, yes, I've seen a lot of people complaining about that on the KH:BBS bundle. As for me, I started experiencing that problem when I accidentally stepped on my psp while wearing my 2 inch thick heels. Really sucks. I considered going to Sony Center or something to get it fixed but I haven't got any money so I just learned to put up with it. I press the home button reaaaaal hard(you gotta be pissed at your psp to do this) for like 5 seconds and the annoying pop up won't appear again for another hour or so. Sometimes when I'm really lucky, it doesn't show up for days.

gdude30

I thank the OP for his discovery. There always seems to be people complaining or panicking about a problem. Rarely are there people who will actually go out of the way and make a thread that is a possible temporary solution.

I don't remember where I read this but it was something about how it's best to "NOT" leave a UMD Disc in the PSP if you aren't playing a game because it can drain the battery and there was something else. When I first got my PSP I always took out the UMD when I wasn't playing the game and listening to music. I also got a really good case to protect it. It could very well be the software since the UMD might be slightly different than the retail ones. Not because of content but maybe because of storage or how the PSP Bundle is shipped rather than the retail versions of the game. I have yet to have this problem and I really hope it doesn't happen. I do frequently press the home button though because I'm always cautious of time. I do know that if the battery is about to die the home button pops out. I have a feeling it has something to do with the battery or it's the software.

But again I hope it doesn't happen but I'm glad that mirage arena might help it. A co-worker of mine is getting the game. Aside from being able to get that weapon it's good to know that if my PSP goes screwy there is a possible solution. Thanks :D

Dark Wing

Awards
I don't remember where I read this but it was something about how it's best to "NOT" leave a UMD Disc in the PSP if you aren't playing a game because it can drain the battery

how will leaving a UMD in the psp drain the battery if it's not even reading it?

Awards
This hasn't happened to me at all. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it'll happen to me soon... i hope not

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Oh yeah, my old psp used to do this, it was so goddamn annoying

Eric J.

Website
pokenations.com
It's the PSP, not the specific bundle. I bought a DIFFERENT bundle (Madden) and bought BBS seperately and I'm still getting the problem. I'm going to Gamestop today to try and trade mine out, maybe it'll fix the issue.

Lonelyness21

Awards
I thank the OP for his discovery. There always seems to be people complaining or panicking about a problem. Rarely are there people who will actually go out of the way and make a thread that is a possible temporary solution.

I don't remember where I read this but it was something about how it's best to "NOT" leave a UMD Disc in the PSP if you aren't playing a game because it can drain the battery and there was something else. When I first got my PSP I always took out the UMD when I wasn't playing the game and listening to music. I also got a really good case to protect it. It could very well be the software since the UMD might be slightly different than the retail ones. Not because of content but maybe because of storage or how the PSP Bundle is shipped rather than the retail versions of the game. I have yet to have this problem and I really hope it doesn't happen. I do frequently press the home button though because I'm always cautious of time. I do know that if the battery is about to die the home button pops out. I have a feeling it has something to do with the battery or it's the software.

But again I hope it doesn't happen but I'm glad that mirage arena might help it. A co-worker of mine is getting the game. Aside from being able to get that weapon it's good to know that if my PSP goes screwy there is a possible solution. Thanks :D

Why thank you xD

It's the PSP, not the specific bundle. I bought a DIFFERENT bundle (Madden) and bought BBS seperately and I'm still getting the problem. I'm going to Gamestop today to try and trade mine out, maybe it'll fix the issue.

Yeah well IMO that's just you, Iunno no one else has complained about the Madden one whilst everyone has about the BbS one... Iunno it's probably you had a problem with yours aswell -shrugs-

We can't rule out the possibility of it being the game's fault either cause of just one person is all

Eric J.

Website
pokenations.com
I'm having the same EXACT problem with my PSP that isn't from the same bundle with the same EXACT game. It may be just me but seems highly likely that it isn't just the bundle doing it, seems like any combination of the PSP 3000 and the game do it. :/

Soxas

Ah, yes, I've seen a lot of people complaining about that on the KH:BBS bundle. As for me, I started experiencing that problem when I accidentally stepped on my psp while wearing my 2 inch thick heels. Really sucks. I considered going to Sony Center or something to get it fixed but I haven't got any money so I just learned to put up with it. I press the home button reaaaaal hard(you gotta be pissed at your psp to do this) for like 5 seconds and the annoying pop up won't appear again for another hour or so. Sometimes when I'm really lucky, it doesn't show up for days.
haha wow that reeeeally must suck

Lonelyness21

Awards
I'm having the same EXACT problem with my PSP that isn't from the same bundle with the same EXACT game. It may be just me but seems highly likely that it isn't just the bundle doing it, seems like any combination of the PSP 3000 and the game do it. :/

Yeah but you're not getting me. This has happened ONLY to you with the Madden PSP .__.

Wheels

I'm using my friend's PSP 3000, from the Dissidia bundle, and it's been doing it the whole time I've had it >_> I want my piano black PSP back.

I'm thinking, maybe it's bundle PSPs that have a susceptability to this.

Eric J.

Website
pokenations.com
Yeah but you're not getting me. This has happened ONLY to you with the Madden PSP .__.

The fact that I'm the only one that's posted about it doesn't mean I'm the only one that it's happened to. Wheels, for example (or at least his friend), has a different bundle and same problem.

(Also, just went to Gamestop and switched my bundle out for a regular PSP 3000, so if I have the problem again I'll post)

Lonelyness21

Awards
The fact that I'm the only one that's posted about it doesn't mean I'm the only one that it's happened to. Wheels, for example (or at least his friend), has a different bundle and same problem.

(Also, just went to Gamestop and switched my bundle out for a regular PSP 3000, so if I have the problem again I'll post)

I came to that conclusion cause when things happen people tend to complain about it. A lot, but doesn't mean it has to be what happens so yeah, sorry about that.

Hope that one works! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back