• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Secret Bosses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

If this gets a Final Mix they'll probably throw in a "future" secret boss so I'm not even worryin

Or in the International version. Mysterious Figure was never in the original BBS in Japan. He was added to the international version of the game, the first time that ever happened as usually the future boss battle is in FM only.

Granted, 3D FM will get ANOTHER secret boss on top of that, canon or not.

And it appears that all secret bosses for the next game are the penultimate boss for the next game.

MasterZeR0

Or in the International version. Mysterious Figure was never in the original BBS in Japan. He was added to the international version of the game, the first time that ever happened as usually the future boss battle is in FM only.

Granted, 3D FM will get ANOTHER secret boss on top of that, canon or not.

And it appears that all secret bosses for the next game are the penultimate boss for the next game.

Except that only YX fulfills that... Lol. Xemnas was the final boss. LS was not a boss.

Venitas

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Oh wait, to be honest, I'm really not.

I AM sorry that you don't see the fact that Sora connecting to everybody he meets, no matter their backgrounds or worlds, isn't a plot point. I'm sorry you don't think that the PoH are important. I'm sorry that you don't see Maleficent as a major antagonist. I'm sorry that half of the franchise doesn't please you. That's why there's Final Fantasy as a separate series ;)

maybe i shouldn't say not important, i just find the whole xehanort/organization/keyblade mythos and stuff like that more engaging and cool. but again, just my preference.

MasterZeR0

maybe i shouldn't say not important, i just find the whole xehanort/organization/keyblade mythos and stuff like that more engaging and cool. but again, just my preference.

I understand that. And personally, I do too. The story is very engaging. However, it wouldn't be KH without the Disney. Although, I may be a tad biased, as I loved any and all Disney even before playing KH.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Here's a question that's REALLY on my mind ... First let me say, Julius was nice change of pace ... But am I the only one here who thought Senae Hanekoma should have made an appearance in that area? For KH's sake, you have his graffedie in the background, I don't care if it was to give TT a 'TWEWY' feel to it, when I saw the scan I thought it was given.

This would have been more sense: Sora V.S. Julius. Reason(s): 1) To give a disney feel, and Sora is still a kid at heart, which disney tries to appeal to. Riku V.S. Senae Hanekoma. Reason(s): 1) It would 'kinda' be like Sephiroth, but obviously not for many reasons. 2) Hanekoma would be testing Riku, he did it in his debut game, so can we really put it passed him (Ask yourself why YMX fought TAV, then feel free to ask why Hanekoma would wanna test Riku)? 3) Hanekoma is a character you don't know know much about through the course of TWEWY, only after the game do you really learn who and what he is. Perhaps this isn't a strong enough point, but it wasn't until this game that we knew that Joshua could sprout angel wings(It was insinuated, but not really through words), a secret boss battle might have given us some idea on if Hanekoma can fight on his own and just how powerful he is if he does. 4) Hanekoma seems to have to remind Joshua to get back to 'his Shibuya' whenever he runs-off, wouldn't be a terrible excuse to explain why he's there.

There might be other reasons I could bring-up, but I think of anymore FtM. Anyone's free to give their two cents on the idea, or not.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
Yeah, I was really excited for a possible TWEWY boss. Sadly there is none. u__u Just seemed right for TT, but meh.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I am severely disappointed in the lack of new secret boss. Sure, Disney boss are nice and all, but an actual new character hinting to the next installment has always been better in my eyes. It strikes as 1/ lack of imagination or 2/ lol we cut content to make 3D FM.

I'm sorry that you don't see Maleficent as a major antagonist.

A major pawn, you must mean. She was a major antagonist in the first KH only, only to be revealed to be Ansem's puppet- And ever since then her role in the serie has become much less important, she's just continuing to be Xehanort's pawn walking exactly in his plans no matter what she tries to do. I have nothing against Disney and all, and the mattering character, I am very interesting in (PoH, Mickey, Yen Sid, etc). But in the end, I wouldn't mind less Disney and more original elements.

MasterZeR0

I am severely disappointed in the lack of new secret boss. Sure, Disney boss are nice and all, but an actual new character hinting to the next installment has always been better in my eyes. It strikes as 1/ lack of imagination or 2/ lol we cut content to make 3D FM.

A major pawn, you must mean. She was a major antagonist in the first KH only, only to be revealed to be Ansem's puppet- And ever since then her role in the serie has become much less important, she's just continuing to be Xehanort's pawn walking exactly in his plans no matter what she tries to do. I have nothing against Disney and all, and the mattering character, I am very interesting in (PoH, Mickey, Yen Sid, etc). But in the end, I wouldn't mind less Disney and more original elements.

She is a pawn, yes, but a major antagonist nonetheless.

Epic_Finale722

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Oh wait, to be honest, I'm really not.

I AM sorry that you don't see the fact that Sora connecting to everybody he meets, no matter their backgrounds or worlds, isn't a plot point. I'm sorry you don't think that the PoH are important. I'm sorry that you don't see Maleficent as a major antagonist. I'm sorry that half of the franchise doesn't please you. That's why there's Final Fantasy as a separate series ;)

But I can smack stuff in the places with keyblades, or jump in Kingdom Hearts.

I'm one of of the bizarre fans that actually likes them together. Disney and Final Fantasy complement each other perfectly. The combination gives Kingdom Hearts its enchanting whimsical worlds, and grand epic scope.

Anyway... I like to see a variety of secret bosses, and finally getting a disney one is awesome, but I would have liked a new teaser boss too. Preferably one that isn't wearing a black cloak or keyblade armor. I'd also really like to see extra boss fights with old characters in a North American game. What do I have to do to fight Marluxia or Larxene outside of Chain of Memories? Pull friendly fire in Days?

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
^ Well, case in point Marluxia and Larxene can be fought in KH2 FM+.

If a KH HD Collection comes out, odds are that they'll use the FM version and we'll be able to fight them there.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

not to mention that MX flat out says he used Maleficent to gather the PoH. Placing her as a pawn for the entirety of his Saga.

In the international version, it would be great if we got another secret boss or 2. Like KH1 (Kurt Zisa and Phantom)

But for bosses.....FF (Vincent?), or TWEWY (SINE! COSINE!)

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Regarding Disney bosses, having Julius, who is obscure as it is - and I had no idea he even existed until hearing he was a secret boss here - as a secret boss is very cool. So many Unknown's and what not, it just felt generic to see the Unknown in BBS, as a simple hooded figure with light sabers, or a palette swapped Vanitas. I'd love to see the other Titans from Hercules (Lava, Tornado, maaaaybe Cyclops), the Big Bad Wolf, the Headless Horseman, or even the Tyrannosaurus from Fantasia as secret bosses, since they likely will never appear.

Of course, the Unknown bosses (Xemnas, Terra, and the Unknown) have all turned out to be vital to the plotline, but maybe have a tournament Olympus style versus various bosses of Disney past, so the more important ones like Xemnas have the "Secret Boss" status? This could also be a chance to get the Frollo boss fight we were robbed of.

On the topic of Disney Vs Final Fantasy, I miss the Final Fantasy characters. While it was cool to see some variety this time around with TWEWY, how epic was it to fight alongside Squall, Cloud, etc in KH2? I don't think Disney has been shoved in our faces - obviously Disney has played an important role in the series (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Jiminy, Maleficent, Pete, the Princesses, etc), but in KH2 there was so much filler. Half of the worlds didn't do a damn thing to advance the plot besides more bonds of friendship for Sora. Kingdom Hearts 1 had a good balance of plot-advancing Disney worlds and Final Fantasy, and that's why the series became what it is today, because of its harmony in blending Disney and Final Fantasy. Two separate franchises became one in Kingdom Hearts - hopefully it happens again soon.
yesh.PNG

Or even just as good, a summon. I'd be pleased either way.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I was really looking forward to a non-Sephiroth Final Fantasy or TWEWY secret boss. Ahh well, just as long as these bosses are challenging.

No, seriously, I want to see Sho, Megumi, or at least Kariya/Uzuki. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back