• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Secret Bosses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Personally, I just have to say something about the recent news/footage we've gotten of secret bosses so far (I only know of the Frog Prince and Julius being confirmed/real). I've seen a few people complaining/turned off by the idea, mostly on YouTube (mistake #1), but frankly I don't understand why. If anything, I find these new Secret Bosses to not only bring in a breath of fresh air like KH1/KH2FM/BbS FM did, but also the fact that not every Secret Boss has to be a new character.

I love the fact we get to beat up a Disney Villain from a short like Julius. I love that the Frog Prince is a Dream Eater we can get who intentionally looks a reference to Chrono Trigger, another time-traveling game.

So, what I really want to say is, despite the fact there is people who love this change, so do so many other people despise it and keep asking for a story related boss? We're at the (near) end of the Saga. Do you really want another Xehanort versus something that is actually a lot more creative?

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I definitely agree with all of this. Were already at the climax of the saga, there isn't really any point in introducing ANOTHER Unknown at this point. I'd much rather have Square giving more interest in creatures like Dream Eaters and more chances for other Disney media to get credited in KH rather than some random cloaked guy who mind-rapes us AGAIN. Perhaps, in KH3 to hint at the next saga, but I don't really feel it's necessary at this point.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Dream Drop Distance just upped the mindbonk even further just before the final chapter of the saga.
The mystery game that is supposed to clear up things is now more needed than ever I think.

There are still many mysteries out there that need to be solved, so adding even more to the heap wouldn't be a wise choice.
I can still follow the story mostly (although things will be greatly improved when we finally have the english version and some more Nomura interviews) but I don't think the series can handle much more mindbonkery.
Sometimes I wish Nomura wouldn't heed so much to the advice of his friend Kojima or Hironobu Sakaguchi in terms to make it "a little" more complex.
One has to give Nomura though that he already warned in a Famitsu interview that the story would be difficult to comprehend fully and probably require two playthroughs of the game.
I wonder if he wants to compete with Neon Genesis Evangelion or Metal Gear now, lol.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I agree completely, I love the new secret bosses! Definitely better than another "unknown".

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
[video=youtube;qZXkan3SXZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXkan3SXZc&feature=g-u-u&context=G2982aa6FUAAAAAAALAA[/video]
so this ishow we get ultima, it seems they have the same boss

MinerKing

Someone who said Julius was a secret boss on KH13 way before we had any video proof also said there was a mysterious figure with a keyblade wrapped in darkness or something too. I guess we will have to wait and see. What good is the Ultima Weapon if you already beat the hardest boss, right?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Someone who said Julius was a secret boss on KH13 way before we had any video proof also said there was a mysterious figure with a keyblade wrapped in darkness or something too. I guess we will have to wait and see. What good is the Ultima Weapon if you already beat the hardest boss, right?

Bragging rights maybe? Then again, I most have one favorite keyblade I use for the final boss of each KH game

Oathkeeper (KH, KH2, Days)
Lost Memory, Chaos Ripper, Destiny's Embrace (BBS)
(Sold ReCoded before I beat the final boss)

Let's see what will be my favorite in DDD

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

The only one that comes to my mind would be the final boss of the game. Nightmare Ven's Armor (Sora), he uses the KK but it's completely black.

Venitas

The reason people are complaining about these secret bosses is because they just look lame and not interesting at all. If i wanted to fight disney villans, i'd go play epic mickey...but granted, i'm one of those kh fans who thinks that there should be less disney...

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The reason people are complaining about these secret bosses is because they just look lame and not interesting at all. If i wanted to fight disney villans, i'd go play epic mickey...but granted, i'm one of those kh fans who thinks that there should be less disney...

Nice Irony you have there. Most want less FF, Most want less Disney. We are the unpleaseable fanbase after all.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

That was me. the MF was a joke a 2chan member made up.

[video=youtube;UBM5v3g6WvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBM5v3g6WvE[/video]

[video=youtube;swz9BF5sLmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swz9BF5sLmc&context=C46996e4ADvjVQa1PpcFNeEMtJ6LtTbFknQp3cMac5ItK3eV9pPH8=[/video]

Vdeo of someone beating julius.it seems you can fight him multiple times.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;swz9BF5sLmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swz9BF5sLmc&context=C46996e4ADvjVQa1PpcFNeEMtJ6LtTbFknQp3cMac5ItK3eV9pPH8=[/video]

Sweet, you can refight him anytime you want! I was worried you may be unable to.

Edit: Also, I really like the new Ultima Weapon from what I can see!

Edit Again: Ew, seems like Julius has a poisonous belching attack thing :/

Venitas

Nice Irony you have there. Most want less FF, Most want less Disney. We are the unpleaseable fanbase after all.

it's a tough crowd to please when you blend two totally contrasting franchises. in my defense though, i love kingdom hearts for the story that is driven mostly through the original worlds/stories. i feel as though the main plot of the series is not impacted by disney at all, and that is why i want less disney.

if i have to go to agrabah one more time, i might die

MasterZeR0

it's a tough crowd to please when you blend two totally contrasting franchises. in my defense though, i love kingdom hearts for the story that is driven mostly through the original worlds/stories. i feel as though the main plot of the series is not impacted by disney at all, and that is why i want less disney.

if i have to go to agrabah one more time, i might die

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Oh wait, to be honest, I'm really not.

I AM sorry that you don't see the fact that Sora connecting to everybody he meets, no matter their backgrounds or worlds, isn't a plot point. I'm sorry you don't think that the PoH are important. I'm sorry that you don't see Maleficent as a major antagonist. I'm sorry that half of the franchise doesn't please you. That's why there's Final Fantasy as a separate series ;)

MinerKing

Well boo. :[ I still love Julius though.
Is there no Aerial Recovery ability in this game? I haven't seen a single person use it lol

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well boo. :[ I still love Julius though.
Is there no Aerial Recovery ability in this game? I haven't seen a single person use it lol

I think so, I at least know there is Revenge Slash. I forget what world it was obtained but I know I saw the little pop up explaining how it works.

Mr Yippie

If this gets a Final Mix they'll probably throw in a "future" secret boss so I'm not even worryin

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Regarding Disney bosses, having Julius, who is obscure as it is - and I had no idea he even existed until hearing he was a secret boss here - as a secret boss is very cool. So many Unknown's and what not, it just felt generic to see the Unknown in BBS, as a simple hooded figure with light sabers, or a palette swapped Vanitas. I'd love to see the other Titans from Hercules (Lava, Tornado, maaaaybe Cyclops), the Big Bad Wolf, the Headless Horseman, or even the Tyrannosaurus from Fantasia as secret bosses, since they likely will never appear.

Of course, the Unknown bosses (Xemnas, Terra, and the Unknown) have all turned out to be vital to the plotline, but maybe have a tournament Olympus style versus various bosses of Disney past, so the more important ones like Xemnas have the "Secret Boss" status? This could also be a chance to get the Frollo boss fight we were robbed of.

On the topic of Disney Vs Final Fantasy, I miss the Final Fantasy characters. While it was cool to see some variety this time around with TWEWY, how epic was it to fight alongside Squall, Cloud, etc in KH2? I don't think Disney has been shoved in our faces - obviously Disney has played an important role in the series (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Jiminy, Maleficent, Pete, the Princesses, etc), but in KH2 there was so much filler. Half of the worlds didn't do a damn thing to advance the plot besides more bonds of friendship for Sora. Kingdom Hearts 1 had a good balance of plot-advancing Disney worlds and Final Fantasy, and that's why the series became what it is today, because of its harmony in blending Disney and Final Fantasy. Two separate franchises became one in Kingdom Hearts - hopefully it happens again soon.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I feel like the Lava,Tornado and Cyclops Titans should make an appearance in Kh3 along side the Earth and Ice titan,the plot should Reminisce the movie plot but this time with one of Xehanort's causing enough problems so that we can access Thebes and Mount Olympus.

I mean what's the best time to do this other than Kh3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back