• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Kairi/Beat the game/Off my chest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
(This is where I meant to post it)

Ok so, having just beaten the game, I desperately need to vent.

You had one job, Nomura. ONE JOB.

Don't fridge Kairi
Don't fridge Kairi
Don't fridge Kairi
Don't fridge Kairi
Don't fridge Kairi

AND HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT. AT THE BARE MINIMUM.

Forget all the other, extra stuff I wanted. Making her playable, showing her training, giving her an ACTUAL COOL MOMENT IN THE FINAL BATTLES INSTEAD OF JUST REPEATING THAT RIDICULOUS NO RESISTANCE, KH2 ARM GRAB KIDNAP HAVE YOU EVER MET A WOMAN NOMURA.

None of that. And then to f***ing FRIDGE HER IN THE MOST DISGUSTING WAY on top of that? In this day and age? Unacceptable.

Ugh, I was enjoying this game so much all the way through, and then he just ruined it with the worst f***ing thing he could have done, this tiredest of tropes. Couldn't even enjoy the ending for the most part after that.

I suppose I was an idiot for hoping for better at this point, given Nomura's track record. He really does seem to have some ingrained, maybe subconscious view of women as second class citizens, all things considered.

But idiot or no, right now I am furious. NOT the emotion I wanted to feel after this game, but I had to get that off my chest. I mean come on VEXEN got better treatment! And don't get me started on Namine. Jeez. To quote Gordon Ramsay, f*** me.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Hirokey123

Awards
It sucked yeah but at least it came after everyone else was also fridge'd so her death felt entirely without weight or consequence and was immediately ignored then undone 20 minutes later, making it feel like an utterly pointless footnote of her story that existed just so she couldn't be there with everyone else to witness Xehanort's end.

Though who knows maybe we'll get some epic character development as kairi has to deal with a serious internal struggle with guilt over being why Sora is gone after she promised she protect him....or at least she might if she were in the hands of writers that actually cared about her in the slightest....

Xagzan

Awards
Don't get me started on her not being there with everyone else to seal Kingdom Hearts, or not seeing her free and reunite with Namine, or seeing her and Sora together again when he finds her before they apparently parted again.

Not a chance in hell am I giving Nomura the trust to do any such interesting character development as that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I said the same thing as Hirokey a few weeks ago I think, its the only way that would excuse this shit, to actually have it spur on something for her in a sensible fashion.

But I honestly think she may just sit on the islands again...and maybe in some ways it would be better for her.

Xagzan

Awards
I said the same thing as Hirokey a few weeks ago I think, its the only way that would excuse this shit, to actually have it spur on something for her in a sensible fashion.

But I honestly think she may just sit on the islands again...and maybe in some ways it would be better for her.

It would be neither better or worse, it would be status quo as usual. And status quo for her is ****

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It would be neither better or worse, it would be status quo as usual. And status quo for her is ****

I guess I was clearly disappointed in a way when she did nothing the past 4 games, but I now realize that I personally preferred that over this

Xagzan

Awards
So let me ask this. I've been avoiding all fan response this past month while I played the game, so I haven't seen for myself, but am in a minority here? What has been the overall fan reaction to this, and even the ways the other female characters got shafted? The only way things ever change is when you make a big stink about it, so I was curious if other people were too.

Back