• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding IGN's Review, Read and Calm Down

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtholyf

Now I know many of you guys are pissed, however the guy did have some points. This game became more of a Button Mashing game then a stragety and tactic fight game. That's what I love about the first Kingdom Hearts. When you had to fight Sephy you were like thinking the entire time "O SHIET!!!!!! GOTTA RUN AND CAREFULLY MAKE MY MOVES." Now it's mostly like 3,2,1... POW POW POW! However what I did not understand was how the guy put 7.6 out of 10 when he gave 9s and 8s and two 7.5s. The average should have been about 8.2-8.5 Even so Square also failed to fix the wonky camera. Also I don't think IGN is a hater considering it gave KH1 a 9. Yes that reviewer gave an unfair total score however, he did have some good points.

If I were to rate KH2 I'd probably give it an 8.5. The story, characters, and overall plot of the game was excellent, the graphics kicked so much butt. Obviosuly the fighting was awesome as well. The music was perfect and weapons were cool. But, this game was pretty easy, maybe the completion of Jimmy's Journey is a hassle, but I think that was put as filler. Also not only that but the Reaction Command gave huge advantages dealing massive amounts of damage to opponets and allowing one to kill opponets faster. Those factors seriously affected the game to bring down my score to an 8.5. I wish Square didn't put in the Reaction Command, it truly ruined the game by making it to simple.

D

Dexter

Have you even played kh2!? An the reaction make the gamplay oh- so sweeter.

...Oh an if you havent played kh2 you shouldnt start making opinions...

wtholyf

Lol yes i have, I have played both the import and the US version, and its fun to see the animations however it completly makes the fighting to easy, way to easy. As a gamer I prefer challenge over simple animations. Lol i wouldn't make an opnion If I didn't have the game.

australian sora

Keyblade Master
well thats just your opinion and maybe people just like to play it cos it a good game..........who cares what YOU think

wtholyf

Lol wait, we are arguing why it is a good game and you say "just because." Lol man it's reasoning like that that pisses me off. At least I'm thinking as opposed to you who just answers like George W. Bush

D

Dexter

I have also played the Jap Version, not the U.S Version. But my point is yes if you play on Standard the game is EASY, but if you play on proud the game begins to become more challenging! Hell have you faced Xaldin on proud mode!? He's is F'ing HARD!!! Anyway my point is all of us have diffrent gaming skillz. Me, I suck at games completly. It took me hours then it took other people to beat kh2 ( 120 hours). So all of us have diffrent gaming lv. You might be a hard core gamer that passes kh2 in 20 hours! Another person might be a person who's not an expert but is okay at video games. We all have dffrent gaming lv, and I'm sure that most of the people who reveiwed kh2 are hard core gamers. Hell they reveiw games as a living.

About the camera part. First of all I agree there are some problems here and there but it's a MUCH improvent from kh1. But like again one reveiw didn't mind the camera, another reveiw time hated it! It's there OPINION!!!

So yeah...

wtholyf

Yes but to review a game you must first play it. Yes I agree people are at different standards, however in most video games whnever you play hard mode it's meant for every moment of the game to have you be pulling your hair out till your bald. KH2 really failed at this due to the fact that reaction command left one button mashing through the entire game

lionheartroar83

It sounds like you have high expectations of how hard "hard mode" should be. It also sounds like you are enjoying your false sense of superiority that you have bestowed upon...well ...yourself

wtholyf

Heh that's what happens when you defeat the NUMBER ONE BOSS IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY, other then that it appears as though I'm not the only one. Game stop, IGN, and GameCrazy agreed with me on the button mashing and difficulty levels, It appears as though im not who has high expectations of hard mode. Also Normal mode means a mode where average players will be able to complete the game even though having some difficuly. Hard Mode should be a mode where exprienced players should even have some difficulty with hard mode.

Marluxia Diablos

Wait... you think you're special just because you beat... Sephiroth? Get over yourself. You're not that important. Do you understand that the majority of this forum has waited for 4 years to even get a whiff if the sequel? Now it is finally coming out and you are discouraging them, saying the gameplay is ruined?

You're a dumbass.

Sora_145

I agree that it's super button mashy but thats how I like it. I love fighting a hard boss and mindlessly pushing X.

Umagon

Button mashing sucks @_@ I don't think I can sit there just pressing the same buttons to kill someone... And if this game isn't hard at all I'm gona be pissed.

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
well if you want a challenge then people, try playing the game on proud mode the first time instead of normal. Cause Ill tell you something right now Proud mode is $^%&'n HARD.

Thrice

Castle Oblivion, planning how to destroy the heart
rpg master said:
I have also played the Jap Version

Don't say Jap, it's kind of offensive to some Japanese people. (I'm not Japanese, but a lot of my friends are...)

Also, since I haven't played the game, I don't wanna make any opinions. But, I think that the button mashing idea is a lot better when you try to get through a certain area and tons of heartless pop-up. Like in KH1 You would try to get to Merlin's house or something and like tons and tons of heartless just popped-up and you just ran through it (I did anyways).

Sora_145

^^^ So did I. Most of the time I just ran away.

I said Jap. Because I was drawing a blank on how to spell Japanese.

wtholyf

Wait... you think you're special just because you beat... Sephiroth? Get over yourself. You're not that important. Do you understand that the majority of this forum has waited for 4 years to even get a whiff if the sequel? Now it is finally coming out and you are discouraging them, saying the gameplay is ruined?

You're a dumbass.

You Dumbass! The number one Boss in video game history isn't spehiroth, spehiroth is a chump compared tot he number 1 boss, The number 1 boss in video game history is the final powered up version of the final boss in the game Star Ocean 2. If you complete all the extra power ups for him and play on the hardest mode, this guy will be near impossible, the only way to even manage to inflict a little bit of a damage is to have max stats, best weapons and armour. In kh2 if you had max stats spehy would be way easy. This boss is way impossible, It was an 4 hour fight, that's what I call hard and I fought him many times before. Sephy is a chump, (NOTE: the final boss of Star Ocean 2 is a chump unless you do the power ups for him, if you do he is insane) and unlike sephy this guy can heal 33% of his life whenever he wants. And yes the gameplay is partly ruined due to that reaction command, reaction command isn't even gameplay. you push triangle and then all of a sudden Sora starts doing all these acrobatic things that you don't control. It is button mashing unfortunatly. The game doesn't suck, I gave it a 8.5 for graphics, music, story, and weapons. But do to the raging power you possess it's way to easy to kill a boss. And yes button mashing can be fun, however its efficeny should be limited to Normal Mode. Whereas in Proud it should abolish the use of button mashing due to the fact you need to whatch your health bar

Last edited:

Yanos_Darkspawn

wtholyf said:
And yes the gameplay is partly ruined due to that reaction command, reaction command isn't even gameplay. you push triangle and then all of a sudden Sora starts doing all these acrobatic things that you don't control. It is button mashing unfortunatly. The game doesn't suck, I gave it a 8.5 for graphics, music, story, and weapons. But do to the raging power you possess it's way to easy to kill a boss. And yes button mashing can be fun, however its efficeny should be limited to Normal Mode. Whereas in Proud it should abolish the use of button mashing due to the fact you need to whatch your health bar

Ahem. If you hate reaction commands,just dont use them at all. There are just a few places(if there is any) in the game where reaccion commands are a must. That should have triggered the difficulty up a little.

BULLETPROOF

wtholyf said:
Heh that's what happens when you defeat the NUMBER ONE BOSS IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY, other then that it appears as though I'm not the only one. Game stop, IGN, and GameCrazy agreed with me on the button mashing and difficulty levels, It appears as though im not who has high expectations of hard mode. Also Normal mode means a mode where average players will be able to complete the game even though having some difficuly. Hard Mode should be a mode where exprienced players should even have some difficulty with hard mode.
dude you seriously have no life your 18 years old and you have nothing better to do than to play rpg games, and brag about beating 4 hour bosses ? why don't you get a job, i beat sephiroth after trying twice, i didn't bother getting to level 100 and getting full stats because i have better stuff to do

wtholyf

Sigh, man what the hell I do have a job BUT I DON't WORK 20 HOURS A DAY. I go to school, I work, I live in a nice condo (which next week marks the half mark for paying it off!) But I still can enjoy video games. Most adults enjoy whatching tv, I enjoy doing Kinesthitic things, therefore I play video games which is like interactive tv. I don't know what blashphmy you've heard, however, when you reach the age of 18 you don't suddenly lose the right to play video games. Your agrument is as crude as your opnions, without even stating why you believe your opnion is correct, you simply certify it with a petty insult. Kids like you take forever to grow up. Explain yourself rather then assert yourself to the level of a monkey-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back