• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Regarding Birth By Sleep Volume 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew32

It just doesn't make sense that they would put the words "Birth by Sleep V.2" at the end of the BBSFM secret ending and then not follow up and tell the story. Nomura is quoted as saying, "There is a story that exists [for Birth by Sleep V.2]." If he's telling the truth, then it's inevitable that the sequel story to BBS gets told, since it must be so vital to the Xehanort saga as a whole. But will it get its own game?

It continues to less and less likely that this will be the case. In his interviews, Nomura seems to hint that there simply is not enough time or manpower to make the game at this time, while sticking with his 1 game per year promise. This makes me think that instead, bits and pieces of BBS v2's story will be placed into KH3. It could be interesting if every so often in KH3, the main storyline with Sora and company paused for a bit to show lengthy flashbacks from the BBS v2 story.

Or it could even go a step further, and have the player take control of a BBS character for an episode or so (similar to how Roxas was controllable in the beginning of KH2). Either Aqua in the realm of darkness, Terra fighting for control of his body inside of Apprentice Xehanort, or even Apprentice Xehanort himself could be playable for a short time. It would make the overall story clearer for the gamer, so when Terra/Aqua/Eraqus appear again, everybody is not confused about what they have been going through.

It seems like an idea that Square would think of. The storyline of KHII was confusing while playing through it, showing random flashbacks of Roxas before we even knew who he was or how he was relevant in the story. But in the end, it all came together and made perfect sense. Plus that seems to be a real fad in media these days--starting with a random clip that makes no sense only to have it clarified later on.

Who knows what Nomura has in store regarding the BBS v2 story. He may have yet another curveball us his sleeve, or he may just simply want to clarify some things and tie up loose ends. I know I still have plenty of questions--like why is Apprentice Xehanort look different (face, hair) than Terranort does at the end of BBS? And what is the status of Terra/Eraqus? Or did Aqua ever encounter Riku, Mickey, or any other characters while in the Realm of Darnkess?

These and many other questions need to be answered, but probably won't be in its own game. So its logical to believe that the mysteries that still remain from the Birth by Sleep saga will be answered in the numbered title.

LMNOP

It just doesn't make sense that they would put the words "Birth by Sleep V.2" at the end of the BBSFM secret ending and then not follow up and tell the story. Nomura is quoted as saying, "There is a story that exists [for Birth by Sleep V.2]." If he's telling the truth, then it's inevitable that the sequel story to BBS gets told, since it must be so vital to the Xehanort saga as a whole. But will it get its own game?

It continues to less and less likely that this will be the case. In his interviews, Nomura seems to hint that there simply is not enough time or manpower to make the game at this time, while sticking with his 1 game per year promise. This makes me think that instead, bits and pieces of BBS v2's story will be placed into KH3. It could be interesting if every so often in KH3, the main storyline with Sora and company paused for a bit to show lengthy flashbacks from the BBS v2 story.

Or it could even go a step further, and have the player take control of a BBS character for an episode or so (similar to how Roxas was controllable in the beginning of KH2). Either Aqua in the realm of darkness, Terra fighting for control of his body inside of Apprentice Xehanort, or even Apprentice Xehanort himself could be playable for a short time. It would make the overall story clearer for the gamer, so when Terra/Aqua/Eraqus appear again, everybody is not confused about what they have been going through.

It seems like an idea that Square would think of. The storyline of KHII was confusing while playing through it, showing random flashbacks of Roxas before we even knew who he was or how he was relevant in the story. But in the end, it all came together and made perfect sense. Plus that seems to be a real fad in media these days--starting with a random clip that makes no sense only to have it clarified later on.

Who knows what Nomura has in store regarding the BBS v2 story. He may have yet another curveball us his sleeve, or he may just simply want to clarify some things and tie up loose ends. I know I still have plenty of questions--like why is Apprentice Xehanort look different (face, hair) than Terranort does at the end of BBS? And what is the status of Terra/Eraqus? Or did Aqua ever encounter Riku, Mickey, or any other characters while in the Realm of Darnkess?

These and many other questions need to be answered, but probably won't be in its own game. So its logical to believe that the mysteries that still remain from the Birth by Sleep saga will be answered in the numbered title.

BBSV2 could just be 3D. Because They are giving birth threw sleep. It could also just be referring to Blank Points.
Its been confirmed that BBSV2 is not a title so it could be either of the two suggestions I put or something completely different. Only Nomura knows.

drew32

BBSV2 could just be 3D. Because They are giving birth threw sleep. It could also just be referring to Blank Points.
Its been confirmed that BBSV2 is not a title so it could be either of the two suggestions I put or something completely different. Only Nomura knows.

You may be right... But Nomura was quoted in the 3D Ultimania that the sequel to BBS exists but that it was impossible to make one at this point. So I'm thinking that they may just add parts of that story into KH3, considering that the BBSv2 story is likely not very lengthy anyway. It would seem that the KH3 plot is pretty straight forward as well, so they may merge the two stories into one game. But it's oh so difficult to tell at this point!!:rolleyes:

bgizzles45

I think Nomura wants to rehash the whole series, but this time just add Young Master Xehanort in the mix. Basically BBS-until KH3DS with Xehonort time travelling.

drew32

I think Nomura wants to rehash the whole series, but this time just add Young Master Xehanort in the mix. Basically BBS-until KH3DS with Xehonort time travelling.
That could be an element that plays in. Perhaps it goes back to major scenes that Xehanort has been included in so far in the series but includes YMX summoning him? I could see that happening, but there's likely more that happens specifically between BBS and KH1 that needs to be revealed.

soraalam1

It may be told withing flashbacks in KH3, or as a secret movie for a (hopefully) HD Collection. <--- That would actually be pretty cool. It looks like a short story anyway.

Kingroxas

Awards
I think they said that COM was not supposed to be a game at all (but it was made into a game obviously) and the events were just to unfold in kh2/you were supposed to find out what happened in kh2. Maybe that is what they are doing with this, maybe they are gonna explain in kh3.

TheRoadToDawn

Exactly as most people said, either they decided to implement the story in KH3 or even the HD Collection somehow or basically scrapped the idea for another time or basically never.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Or it could even go a step further, and have the player take control of a BBS character for an episode or so (similar to how Roxas was controllable in the beginning of KH2). Either Aqua in the realm of darkness, Terra fighting for control of his body inside of Apprentice Xehanort, or even Apprentice Xehanort himself could be playable for a short time.

I love that idea, maybe there could be some extra scenes from the past that where extra hard to play through and you didn't have to play through them unless you wanted to know everything. Maybe they could be like the flash backs in 3D (or whatever they where called)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Birth By Sleep volume 2 would not have been some sort of missing puzzle piece giving us a complete picture. It would have been a a stickynote with crudely made macaroni art that someone stuck to an already established, well-rounded, fictional universe.

drew32

I love that idea, maybe there could be some extra scenes from the past that where extra hard to play through and you didn't have to play through them unless you wanted to know everything. Maybe they could be like the flash backs in 3D (or whatever they where called)
Yeah I think making them optional would be cool. Considering whatever console KH3 comes out on will have the capacity to make it easily then longest KH game ever, they will probably be able to add some interesting stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back