• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reflecting Your Soul Character Contest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Malus

Contest Information
Reflecting Your Soul is an artwork contest designed to challenge the creative juices of all hardcore Kingdom Hearts fans. It also serves to promote the upcoming Kingdom Hearts anthology Reflections of the Soul, which Malus hopes to post exclusively here on KHInsider Forums.

Contest Rules
• Simply sketch, draw, paint or write out a text-based description of how your character(s) look along with a brief profile; be it a Keyblade User, Organization member, Ansem/Xehanort-like Heartless or Chaser/”Soldier.” Allegiance matters not, they're allowed to be hero or villain.
• No copycatting. While you are allowed to base your description on an existing person or other fictional character, you CANNOT outright steal a design and tell us “He should look like this!” Those who do will be immediately disqualified.
• All text entries MUST be at least a paragraph long. Poor spelling and grammar counts against you.

Contest Duration
Entries will be accepted no sooner than Monday, April 30, and no later than Monday, May 7. ((I don't know when I'm going to be getting around to working on the story, so you'll all have an ample amount of time to send in your entries.))

Entering the Contest
Up to 2 entries will be accepted per person. Your best entry will be used.
Email entries less than 3 MB (zipped or otherwise) to wolfsavior@gmail.com under the subject "My Reflection" or else post it in this thread for Malus to review.

For email entries; please include your name, email address and age in all submissions.
This is to prevent fraud, and to provide a means of contact should you win.

Prizes
1st Place: Winning designer will have his-or-her entry chosen to represent a decisive character who shares past ties with the heroes.
2nd Place: Second runner up will have their entry worked into the game as a primary-secondary character.
3rd Place: Third runner up will have their entry worked into the game as a cameo on some basis.

Email questions to wolfsavior@gmail.com.

P.S. - Anyone is allowed to enter, even Forum Admins and KHI Staff!

Last edited:

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Re: Reflecting the Soul Character Contest

You should probably put this in the Fan Art thread.
It would get more views and more replys =)

Although I can't draw for anything.. Im just trying to help you out.

Malus

Well you don't need to draw, as you see it says you can also send in a text description. Besides, I tried that to begin with and no one seemed interested, so I figured I'd try my luck here as per monkeybutt's suggestion.

Last edited:

Endgame

:D

I'll be making my entry via text-based description and via sketching, though the latter will take some time for me to do up. I know it's somewhat early... but hey, what's the point of having it sit in a word document for a week? I have yet to officially name the character. He is a villian, abeit an unconventional one, although his personality can be altered to suit your fiction.

Originally, he is portrayed as a somewhat lazy character, averse to any exertion or effort, who loves to play games of stratagy.

He stands about a head higher then most characters, and has long, thin limbs, giving him a rather creepy, unnatural look. His skin is causacian, even pale, and his eyes a faded, soft blue, almost white themselves. His smooth, silky hair falls to about shoulder-height, and is a jet-black in colour, breaking the otherwise albino appearance.

He wears a furred, traditional japanese-style robe, for comfort, although it is worn open at the waist, with the result that the 'collar' wraps around his elbows and lower back, leaving the top half of his body naked. He is slight, lightly muscled. The robe is a brilliant white, and held in place by a black sash. Beneath it, he wears a long pair of modern, black jeans, and steel-capped military boots.

The robe's sleeves are long and broad, designed to conceal his movements. He is sometimes seen carrying a long 'Chain'-like weapon, a series of interconnected metal componants that form a long, sectioned blade. It's design is similar in concept to the weapon of Bleach's Abarai Renji's Zanpakuto, but, unlike that weapon, it's width remains constant, and the sections do not detatch from one another. He seems capable of generating these whips from thin air, at any point, and can control them with his mind. There is no limit to their length. He also uses a lot of gravity techniques in battle.

Malus

If you were the one who drew that Black Cat sig, then I'm definitely looking forward too it! ^_^

keybladerxiii

Website
www.youtube.com
Here is my entry hope you guys can take the info as i can't draw for beans

Name: Joshua ( My real Name in Real life)
Weapons: Keyblades (dual Wielder)
Key Chains: The Strength within (What i call the ES's Keyblade, Which is the keyblade i am talking about right now) and Fenrir
Abilities:Dodge Roll, Vortex, Arial Recovery, Retaliating Slash, Quick Dash, Needle Dive, MP Haste, MP Rage, Second Chance, Lucky Lucky, Combo + Times 8, Arial combo + times 8, Super Glide, Sonic Blade, Ars Arcanum, Ragnaroc, Strike Raid, Angry Hornet, Angry Hornet Magic Ver., Megalomax, Braver, Meteorain, Stun Impact, Twin Turbine, Guard, X-treme , Whirling Dervish, and Cross Cut.
Spells:Fire, Fira, Firaga
Bizzard,Blizzara, Blizzaga
Thunder, Thundera, Thundaga
Cure, Cura, Curaga
Stop, Stopra,Stopraga
Gravity, Gravira, Graviga,
Reflect, Reflera, Reflega
Summons: Shiva, Ifrit, Ark, Ramuh, Bahamut, Anima, Knights of the Round, Supernova, Zeromus and
Valefor
Limits: 100 Slash Frenzy, i charge at the opponent and delive 100 slashes in very quick succession,
HeartBreaker, it is basically an omnislash and Barret's Catastrophe one after the other, I deliver the omni slash jump up keyblades attach by the key chain, then they spin in a cricle then they close up like this <O that is what it looks like fom the side at this point, then they open up and a huge beam of light strikes the opponent.

Heartbreaker Spear Ver. Baisically i jump up in the air and put all my MP into my key blade and chuck it at the person like a javelin.There is a catch you know Tidus' overdrive thing you do to get max damage well i have the same thing but the sweet spot gets narrower a the limit Levels up hit over the sweet spot you lose a keyblade until you use the retreive reaction cammand near where it is stuck. too little and it does 1/4 damage.
Overkill Break, My Ultimate but Cheapest Limit as except for bosses it kills everything that is darkness.
I make a big circle with little cirlces in side it, i jump up into the air and make a trail of theses getting smaller as i get higher then these circles combine at the point of one of my keyblades. and start to spin so fast that is looks like a ball of energy. then i trow it at the opponent. it goes through it and then splits of into the big circles with the little ones still insde spinning and go throught the opponent again ( this and the rest of the times this limit hits the opponent they hit three times before spliiting and they attack fromm different direction then the little circle inside the big ones split off and they combined with the big circles attack the opponent then the bands of light tune into beams of light and attack the opponent again. then the beams split into four and attack once as they dissapear into the ground. then a big beam of light engulfs the opponent from below and then stops as i land on the ground then i spin my keyblade and when i stop with blade pointing up then big explosion the limit ends. geez i hope people get this one as it is my most complicated one

Appearence: 5/3 feet high , Fair skin, White spiky hair stiking up like this^^^^
a blue head band around the fore head that depicts the kingdom hearts logo ( minus the words) with three key blades behind it forming an X with a line down the Vertical Axis in the middle.
Blue Grey Eyes
i wear a coat similar to Aurons except it only goes down to the middle of the thigh. and the collar isnt sticking up no designs just a couple of pockets near the bottom.
Black pants With Silver Shoes on my feet. i wear a white tee shirt.
Black kingdom hearts logo (not heartless emblem) on his left arm to signify keyblader of darkness
Personality: he is kind of like a loner. thinks he doesn't need any one on his quest. But while on his journy he softens up and becomes friendly and competitive and cocky towards Sora And Co.
Allies: Sora And Co. Kratos Shadow the Hedgehog Sly Cooper Jak Goku Vegeta Cloud Leon And Kya From Kya Dark lineage
Enemies: (to my character) Pretty much anyone who is not on the Allies list until They prove they are allies

Secrets: He is Xehanort From his Childhood As his Chaser, (my idea of a chaser is memories with a body and a heart that were stolen and manipulated to an appearence that suits them and they take their rage on normal people) he is Xehanorts childhood memories banished from his mind as the UEM made Xehanort become the Dark Knight as the memories were stopping Xehanort from completey being consumed by darkness. he gets a heart and a body and manipulates them to make his appearence as xehanort at the very moment he was banshed. he could use the keyblades as he was part of xehanort ( rip off of roxas i know) but he could use the dark powers that he learned From The UEM as well as learn new moves through experience. The UEM doesn't realise that xehanort's complete memory allows him to be the keyblader of darkness. By Banishing those memories except for the lessons he taught Xehanort, he lessened his dark knights power.
Joshua does not know this at first until he confronts the UEM in the Final Battle
Joshua wakes up in hollow bastion just like xehanort when he arrivved.With no memory of his past. there is where his story begins.

Does The artwork have to be your own hand as i have a person drawing mine for me

Last edited:

Malus

I am SO sorry I haven't replied in a while. Life has been increasingly hectic as of late for one, and I was never alerted there'd been any replies. Plus for a while I was getting an error saying that this thread had been deleted. Guh.. I'll review the new submissions asap. :)

And no it doesn't have to be drawn by hand, but if you get someone else to draw it for you then I'll need their name and the like as well so as to prevent fraud.

Back