• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Redemption for Xemnas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwinterj

Xemnas? I think you mean Xehanort and I don't see it happening. I do however see Terra being set free though somehow.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i doubt redemption is an option. with this business about growing hearts and all that jazz i believe it's more likely that each nort would have their own machinations than see any of them do a good act.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Furthermore there's no real confirmed hint or indication that Xemnas has any actual influence of Terra at all.
Nearly everything Xemnas says and does is totally Xehanort-influenced and the few instances where it isn't it is ambigious enough that it can count for both Xehanort and Terra.
There isn't anything about Xemnas's behaviour and personality that can be clearly attributed to come from Terra.

Thus, beyond having some of Terra's memories and Terra's body and soul, there's isn't really anything "Terra" in Xemnas.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think this guy's a little too far gone for a "redemption" option. More likely they'll find Terra somewhere else and kill Xemnas for good.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not a chance in hell. He`s dying for good at the climax of KH3. He`s done FAR too many evil things to have a shot at redemption.

The only two Darknesses I see being saved are Isa and Terra

Awards
Redemption for Xemnas? XEMNAS? The guy who LIED to his own Organization so he could complete half of Xehanort's goal? No way, josé!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

With those two, at least from the Darknesses we know so far, being possibly the only ones who are in the whole mix completely against their own will.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm confused by how much of Xemnas was already "programmed," so to speak, before he came into existence, as far as Xehanort's plan to use the Organization goes. I have to admit that seeing Xemnas walk around RG as a good character would be kind of fun, so if they use the excuse that part of Terra is in there to achieve that, I'd be okay with it. I think it's more likely Terra will be revived and Xemnas destroyed entirely though.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Since when has a good guy had such an absurdly deep voice, anyways? It just wouldn't be right.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm confused by how much of Xemnas was already "programmed," so to speak, before he came into existence, as far as Xehanort's plan to use the Organization goes. I have to admit that seeing Xemnas walk around RG as a good character would be kind of fun, so if they use the excuse that part of Terra is in there to achieve that, I'd be okay with it. I think it's more likely Terra will be revived and Xemnas destroyed entirely though.

I`d say both he and Ansem were fully aware and conscious of their choices despite being part of Xehanort. Because of that, I don't think they have as much right to be saved like Terra or Isa

Speedshocker

I`d say both he and Ansem were fully aware and conscious of their choices despite being part of Xehanort. Because of that, I don't think they have as much right to be saved like Terra or Isa

But then....there's that scene where he refers to Aqua as his friend....even though she was gone.
That's the connection. That isn't Xehanort talking....that's Terra.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But then....there's that scene where he refers to Aqua as his friend....even though she was gone.
That's the connection. That isn't Xehanort talking....that's Terra.

But that is also the thing...was it REALLY Terra or just Xehanort? We know Xemnas has some of Terra's memories which is why we have moments like the dream sequence on the beach where Xemnas pats Roxas on the shoulder like Terra did Ven or when Xemnas is watching Roxas sleep and the Chamber scene, but his actions are all Xehanort.

Everything Xehanort has done, he has done it to fool and trick others. Although in the Chamber of Repose, he is in a space where he has no need to fool anybody and yet why do you think he's there? He's certainly not trying to reach Aqua or Ven to say hello or save them. He's trying to reach them to use them.

His use of "friend" is not done out of fondness. It is said mockingly.

Speedshocker

But that is also the thing...was it REALLY Terra or just Xehanort? We know Xemnas has some of Terra's memories which is why we have moments like the dream sequence on the beach where Xemnas pats Roxas on the shoulder like Terra did Ven or when Xemnas is watching Roxas sleep and the Chamber scene, but his actions are all Xehanort.

Everything Xehanort has done, he has done it to fool and trick others. Although in the Chamber of Repose, he is in a space where he has no need to fool anybody and yet why do you think he's there? He's certainly not trying to reach Aqua or Ven to say hello or save them. He's trying to reach them to use them.

His use of "friend" is not done out of fondness. It is said mockingly.

But at that point, he has no need for Aqua or Ven, right? Unless there's something we don't know.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But at that point, he has no need for Aqua or Ven, right? Unless there's something we don't know.

Remember that the scene where he is in the chamber is sometime before the events of KH1 where they had only just recruited Number XI.

Ven has no heart so he would have been considered a perfect vessel. Aqua has been in the RoD so the potential to corrupt her may be a possibility...

The purpose of the Organization was to find vessels. Anything Xemnas would have been doing would have either been a part of that plan or Xehanort's bigger plans.

Emperor

I feel like Xemnas is an odd one to choose for redemption, even if he did show signs of being influenced by Terra, which has already been addressed. The guy just doesn't seem like he would want to be a good guy. Xemnas knew that Nobodies were able to grow hearts and have emotions, yet he chooses to act emotionless, and the only emotions he feels are even relevant to a heart are anger and hate.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Remember that the scene where he is in the chamber is sometime before the events of KH1 where they had only just recruited Number XI.

Ven has no heart so he would have been considered a perfect vessel. Aqua has been in the RoD so the potential to corrupt her may be a possibility...

The purpose of the Organization was to find vessels. Anything Xemnas would have been doing would have either been a part of that plan or Xehanort's bigger plans.

Yep, exactly, the whole thing is left ambigious, it cannot be pinpointed and clearly stated "that's Terra".

Just because Xemnas has memories of Terra (which is confirmed) does not mean that he would act on those memories like Terra would.

Empress Mitsuru

Not a chance in hell. He`s dying for good at the climax of KH3. He`s done FAR too many evil things to have a shot at redemption.

Terra being saved is exactly the same as Xemnas being saved if Xemnas were released from Xehanort's influence, or even broke free on his own. As for Isa/Saix, I personally feel him being save would be a waste of one of the best villains in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back