• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red Steel = Horrible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Although I'm not so crazy about the Wii, I thought this would be an okay launch for it regardless. But it seems I was wrong. But it does look quite complicated.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Although I'm not so crazy about the Wii, I thought this would be an okay launch for it regardless. But it seems I was wrong. But it does look quite complicated.
See it's not so much that it's complicated. I mean after abour an hour or so you get the hang of it. It just doesn't feel... Right.

Like Twilight Princess for instance, I've spent tons of time and the controls just feel amazing. They feel right and fluid. Every motion I make just feels natural and it doesn't take away from the game. I find myself constantly thinking in Red Steel how to do something or struggling to just do something simple like aiming. The fact that the game doesn't have the best graphics, and bad lighting at some times, only adds to the frustration as shooting things can be a pain in the ass. Towards the end the game gets harder to, not AI wise, just cheap wise.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
See it's not so much that it's complicated. I mean after abour an hour or so you get the hang of it. It just doesn't feel... Right.

Like Twilight Princess for instance, I've spent tons of time and the controls just feel amazing. They feel right and fluid. Every motion I make just feels natural and it doesn't take away from the game. I find myself constantly thinking in Red Steel how to do something or struggling to just do something simple like aiming. The fact that the game doesn't have the best graphics, and bad lighting at some times, only adds to the frustration as shooting things can be a pain in the ass. Towards the end the game gets harder to, not AI wise, just cheap wise.

Oh that's pretty bad then. I can see how someone could lose interest while playing the game for a few hours. Like the idea was great but the mechanics and the no story element brings the game down.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Oh that's pretty bad then. I can see how someone could lose interest while playing the game for a few hours. Like the idea was great but the mechanics and the no story element brings the game down.
Exactly. That sums it all up pretty much.

Great concept but it just doesn't pull through at the end.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I knew this game was going to suck. Anything with a swords FP sucks. I agree with monkey, next shooter hopefully will be good will be Metroid. Also.. Id love to see F.E.A.R

I know this is a bit late but. . .anything with swords on the Wii in first personb should be awesome, just thought I'd say that.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I know this is a bit late but. . .anything with swords on the Wii in first personb should be awesome, just thought I'd say that.
Well a sad bit is that the swords are automatic. Outside of the fact that the wii remote is sluggish with the sword controls (the sword doesn't always register what you do) you can't use it when you want. You are forced to use the gun or sword at certain points. You don't decide.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I remember when Onimusha 3 had that katana controller. I never did get to try it out, but I read that I wasn't missing much. You couldn't possibly swing the thing fast enough to get anywhere in Onimusha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back