• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red Steel 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Re: Nintendo previews Red Steel 2

i like the look, i was expecting this because of what they had on their preview page, but still looks awesome

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Although, I liked the sound of the whole 'Japanese' look of the first one, it was not done correctly.

Maybe they'll do this better. Hopefully they'll do this better.

Would the nunchuk work with Motion+ as well?

Shade737

Silver Member

More Info

- First person, cel shaded, similar to XIII
- Going for teen rating so "The gore just doesn't fit for us and what we're trying to do"
- No multiplayer
- Exclusively Wii Motion Plus (bundle?)
- Talk of dual wielding guns and swords but nothing definitive

Well looking at the fact that it uses Motion Plus makes it worth checking out. I just hope it doesn't take a cliche' route since it looks that way.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side

Kotaku - Ubisoft Makes Red Steel 2 Official - red steel 2

The announcement mainly centers on the fact that the game was created from the ground up for the Wii MotionPlus, and will be Ubisoft's first title to fully integrate the peripheral. Aside from the peripheral back-patting, the only other information provided is that the game takes place in a "desert-bound, high-tech metropolis", which explains the Western look of the game's protagonist.​

In some sense, it really should be called something other than Red Steel 2.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
How did the first one even end? I never made it through that crapfest.

There's two endings.

Bad ending:
You fight Tokai (the dude who started this entire deal) and beat him in the sword fight. Afterward, Otori (The dude who trained you and has the hot daughter) come in. He wants to kill Tokai after he poison her daughter. If you lose the sword fight against Otori, he kills Tokai. Otori dies from the poison (he was hit with a poison sword) and you and your fiancée run off somewhere.

Good ending:
Same deal, except, when you fight Otori, you need to break his sword. Afterward, Otori and his daughter is cured, and everybody goes to Sato's funeral (Your fiancee's father). Tokai is supposed to be punished. (They don't say if he died or not).

The end.

Shade737

Silver Member
Some Magazine Scans

xkvvk8.jpg

30aauip.jpg

30aauip.jpg

f3fdxk.jpg

It looks like they are going to act like the first game never existed. In other words Reboot.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
The show? Holy hell, I haven't thought about that show in years.

I really do hope this one's better.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Awesome. Looks like you can use your gun instead of being about "honor" and "The Way of the Sword".
I mean, I didn't mind the sword combat but, the thing I hated about the first Red Steel was that if your opponent was going to do all those fancy sword moves before fighting, I have more time to just shoot you.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I never played the first one, but it looked good and had great hype. I will most likely rent it and see where it goes from there.

Obsidian

I never played the first one, but it looked good and had great hype. I will most likely rent it and see where it goes from there.

The first one was kinda bad. Not really because it was a bad game, but because it was an obvious rush job. The second one looks really amazing though, so I have my hopes up.

EDIT: Trailer's out and it looks pretty damn good.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
The "work-in-progress" boxart.

custom_1243778432974_-1_02.jpg

Plus, Ubisoft says that a preorder bonus will be announced soon. Wii MotionPlus included maybe? Or maybe get a free cowboy hat that looks like the main character's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back