• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RED ASH-The Indelible Legend KS Campaign (By former Megaman Legends Staff)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
tpbCpLD.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend
RED ASH is an opportunity to not only fulfill Keiji Inafune's desire to create a game that pays homage to Japanese animation, but also his vision of "immersing players in a freely explorable anime world." The RED ASH team is spearheaded by Art Director Kazushi Ito and Director Masahiro Yasuma, key members of the original team that pioneered open world game design with Mega Man Legends. With the RED ASH project, they aim to build an action adventure experience with a new level of freedom, complete with the polish expected from such veteran creators.

Sharp-eyed readers may notice that this project has inherited some of the DNA from our Mighty No. 9 project--specifically, the shared character names Beck and Call. We feel that this is an important part of the project: we're taking this opportunity to create an altogether different type of game together with the support of fans and backers. We want to continue embracing this new style of game design and production, challenges and risks included. With RED ASH, we hope to channel your passion for gaming into our creative process, and fulfill both our own dreams and the dreams of our fans around the world!

There's also a seperate KS campaign for an animation project if anyone's interested:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c

As cool as this looks, I really wish Comcept would've waited a bit after Mighty no.9 got released before resorting to another KS campaign. Not that I don't expect the game to be great, but it personally helps to have some assured confirmation of quality by playing the game before expecting more people to fund your next project if you ask me. Besides that, I wish them well!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Beck looks like a short-haired, green-eyed and skinny Megaman!Legends.
The big guy looks like a tanned and muscular Teasel Bonne.
The girl looks like an ebony Roll Casket.

But yeah, this game is definitely the Mighty No. 9 version of MEGAMAN Legends.
Here's to Mighty No. 9 BattleNetwork/Starforce~

Esso

Fire Breaker
I may be being a bit pessimist here, but at the rate that this campaign is getting funded I'm starting to get a little bit more assured that not-so-great timing + dual KS campaigns might really bite Comcept in the back by the end of this month, possibly resulting in this either getting failed or just barely making it's fund goal. Still, who knows?

Awards
Yeah, the timing for this was terrible. Mighty Number 9 isn't out yet, Bloodstained (another nostalgic spiritual successor) was very recently funded, and then there's Shenmue 3... Not to mention Megaman Legends was a pretty niche series.

UGHHHHHH

Esso

Fire Breaker
Yeah, the timing for this was terrible. Mighty Number 9 isn't out yet, Bloodstained (another nostalgic spiritual successor) was very recently funded, and then there's Shenmue 3... Not to mention Megaman Legends was a pretty niche series.

UGHHHHHH
This. Compared to how quickly Mighty no.9 got so much in it's first day, this is vastly sad in comparison. In the best-case scenario that this ends up getting barely funded, I hope Mighty no.9 makes enough profit for them to be able to create the game close to what was initially envisioned at least.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
The only problem I have with it is they haven't stated which console they are going to make it for(Besides the obvious PC), and due to that little tease a lot of people aren't willing to fund it yet. Face it Comcept people are only going to pay if they know they can play it on what they own.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I've actually been holding off on funding this because it's only on the PC so far. I mean, I did recently get a new laptop which can handle pretty much everything I've tossed at it so far, but... I dunno, I'm still just way to accustomed to playing on consoles and handhelds to where I need that as a confirmation before I throw all my money at it like I did with Mighty.

On a positive note, I am digging the art.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Depending on funding progress in the coming weeks, I wonder if Comcept will decide to postpone/cancel these KS for later sometime down the road for some reconsideration on these approaches.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sadly, Red Ash fell -$280,001 of the pledged $800,000 goal (they only managed to gather $519,999). One post dated August 5th from the Red Ash team on the Kickstarter read:

In the case of Kickstarter Funding not succeeding

Hey everyone!

We have had a lot of questions from our fans regarding the rewards that were planned for this project, so we wanted to do a quick update regarding this.

As a result of funding not being successful, no one has been charged and there will be no rewards created at this point.

We are discussing future options for delivering some of the items in a different manner as a lot of fans have requested some sort of option, but have no plans at this time!

If we are going to move forward with any future plans regarding crowdfunding, we will make sure that all of our backers who want to support the project are informed!

- The Red Ash Team

Here's the link to the post.

Meanwhile, about two weeks ago, Keiji Inafune expressed the following regarding Red Ash's unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign:

"One thing I noticed about the Red Ash campaign, or rather about the team, is that up until the Kickstarter campaign started, the team really wanted to make the game—it was all about making Red Ash happen," he told USGamer.

"But once the Kickstarter began, the goal became to make the Kickstarter a success. The goal sort of shifted toward that side. All the decisions then were based on the Kickstarter, not based on Red Ash. I think that's one of the big things—bad things—that happened to the team."

"So I gathered the team members together, and I told them, "Doing a successful Kickstarter is important, but that's not our final goal. Our final goal is to make Red Ash happen, to make this game. So even if we fail at Kickstarter, that's totally fine; that's one option we'll explore. It if doesn't work, we'll go to the next option. We'll find something else."

Source: MegaGames

I'm going on with the rest of the members: this wasn't Red Ash's/Mighty No. 9 Legend's momentum. They should have waited up until after Mighty No. 9 was released in order to maintain the Re: MegaMan on track (assuming Mighty does not disappoint).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back