• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recommend me an anime series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raebus

I've just finished watching fullmetal alchemist and wouldn't mind getting into another anime series, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Recently I've seen:

Escaflowne
Evangelion
Started watching naruto but too many fluffing fillers
Bleach (same as above)

So I guess I don't like overly long anime series that go on and on with lots of filler episodes :D

Recommendations, go.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
code Geass. If you like mechas somewhat and psychological thrillers, then it's a must. Same goes with Serial Experiments: Lain, if you like the psychological ones.

zachen

Awards
Guren Lagann
Code Geass
Star Driver
Heroman
Gundam 00
Durarara
Hitman Reborn (first 20 episodes suck and try by funny but after that it turns awesome!!!!!!)

yup that about sums it up

Absent axel

Baccano!
Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Code Geass (very long if you watch the first series and R2)
Gurren Lagann
Lucky star
Soul Eater
Arakawa under the bridge
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt if you can handle a lot off potty humour in the first episode, tons of sex jokes and parodies of films.
I have heaps more anime I can recommend but it would be overkill.

Discover more on the way.

Raebus

Oh, I've already seen that @ cowboy bebop :)

Theirs some I've not mentioned on the list but those are the series I've watched ages ago. I have also watched ghost in the shell sac 1st and 2nd gig. Anything serious with a low amount of episodes i.e. not over 100 episodes would sound good.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Then I'm going to re-iterate some other people and say Gurren Lagann

Once you get over some fan-servive, the ridiculous amounts of bravado and over-the-topness, it's pretty awesome

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Gundam: 08th ms team is pretty good if you don't mind its age. Not very long and it gives you gundambro cred.

Raebus

Thanks for all the recommendations :)

I'm gonna give gurren lagann a try, I won't forget about all the rest mentioned aswell. Oh and has anyone watched x? I remember seeing the movie that was kind of like the complete series but made into a 1 hour + film and bought it recently. The characters are pretty shit so far and I'm having trouble finding the urge to keep watching it. To anyone whose seen x, does it get better or remain the same?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
the ridiculous amounts of bravado

But that's what makes it awesome D:

Also, X is a cult hit. The series is better than the movie, as the show used a lot of time for the sake of plot and character development. Condensing all of that into one movie usually leaves a bit to be desired.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Oh, I didn't see the second post you made.

That too.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
But that's what makes it awesome D:

I know but some people get turned off from it...but I think it'll at least grow on you after a while

idk, I love this show and the "flaws" don't bug me at all

Gundam: 08th ms team is pretty good if you don't mind its age. Not very long and it gives you gundambro cred.

Can't find any good place to watch that one D:

Last edited:

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
heroes
1x1td.gif

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Arakawa Under The Bridge, if you're willing to try out anime comedy instead of action. xD

But yeah, I definitely have to agree with Code Geass (the first season anyways; might be better off not watching the second season to be honest)

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'm going to give personal recommendations, even though people have totally listed them.

Code Gayass (It's a loving gesture, okay?)
Durarara!! (You'll be watching this one forever after Shizzy's first scene.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (kaminakaminakaminakaminakamina)
.Hack//SIGN, kinda trippy and confusing... okay, really, but worthwhile... Mostly.
Oh, and I've started watching FLCL lately. It seems good enough, and it seems to have a big fanbase, so consider checking that one out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back