• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recommend any good PS2 S-E RPGs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Does anyone Recommend any good PS2 S-E RPGs. I'm getting bored with FFXII. I need a new game .

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Just Square-Enix? No other RPG's?

Well, anyway, Tales of the Abyss isn't S-E, but it's a great game. I'm about 30 hours in, and I'm loving it. The story is so cliched, but at the same time, it keeps you very interested. I love it.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Have you played all the Final Fantasies? Each one of them is great, I recommend them all.

I heard Radita Stories is pretty good. Star Ocean; Till the End of Time is good as well.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
I actually did play all FF except V and VI. I know radiata sucks too. I haven't played Legend of Dragoon Ill try it out.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is a MUST BUY!! If you like sci-fi/fantasy mix RPGs, you'll love this. Try The Second Story too. ^^
- Valkyrie Profile games (Lenneth is out on PSP, I believe it's 5x better than Silmeria, although you may want to try Silmeria out. I'm going to.)
- Dragon Quest games....8 is a good choice although I've yet to play it...
- Chrono games (Trigger and Cross) Cross is a bit tricker though.
- Parasite Eve, if you like paranormal stuff...although it's not 100% RPG....
- Grandia 3. At least rent it!
- Xenogears fo'sho. <3333

That's all for now.

Masamune

Big Boss
You should definately get FFX. Great characters, deep and easy to understand story, and just great overall!

i think he's already played that. if you havent get it right now.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is a MUST BUY!! If you like sci-fi/fantasy mix RPGs, you'll love this. Try The Second Story too. ^^
- Valkyrie Profile games (Lenneth is out on PSP, I believe it's 5x better than Silmeria, although you may want to try Silmeria out. I'm going to.)
- Dragon Quest games....8 is a good choice although I've yet to play it...
- Chrono games (Trigger and Cross) Cross is a bit tricker though.
- Parasite Eve, if you like paranormal stuff...although it's not 100% RPG....
- Grandia 3. At least rent it!
- Xenogears fo'sho. <3333

That's all for now.

I played Dragon Quest 8 and Star oCEAN III. i LOVE CHRONO TRIGER AND CROSS to death. I don't like VP. grandia III I played. Xenogears I love it. It's the best Ps1 RPG

Jage0910

I agree with cursed. Tales games aren't that bad. they're actually pretty good. In my books it's more fun than this Kind of RPG Game.

Monster 1 Turn: Attack: Does 100 damage to Hero 1.
Hero 2 Turn: Skill: Lightning 3: does 1000 damage to Monster 1.

Win.

You know those kinds of games. No offense but those sorta put me to sleep cause it takes no skill at all. It's all stat and luck based. But in Tales games you can move around so to some extent you can avoid or defend against an enemy's attack completely and you don't have to wait to attack you attack on you own. Seriously though if an RPG game that's turn-based or comes around I probably won't buy it. Final Fantasy are an exception games though.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The only Tales game I could ever warm up to was Phantasia.

The others are pretty much rubbish.

Throw in several characters designed around yawnworthy anime-cliche archetypes ( to which the voice acting makes me want to drown kittens ), music that sounds like it was thrown together over the period of two weeks, sound quality that flat out blows chunks, and a battle system that sees little to no refinement with each iteration. The graphics are horrible, and it feel like I'm playing a PS1 with TotA especially. Throwing strategy out the window, battle can be summarized in how quickly you can execute a character's overpowered special attack. I'm starting to think they just pump these out for the big bucks of being associated with anime and RPGs.

I'd rather have a mediocre turn-based system rather than an action-based system that Tales employs that envolves mindless button mashing.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Meh, I still enjoyed the games. Sure, the voice acting is vomit inducing, and the story, along with everything about it, is more than cliched; nevertheless, I find it quite enjoyable seeing how each tale turns out.

The only one I didn't like was Legendia. They over-simplified the battle system, and the story blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back