• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ReCoded's Ending Reveal (Spoliers) - I Still Don't Get It...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vivi-gamer

Hi,

I only recently experienced RE:Coded through the Remix Movie Editon. I Still don't understand the concept that the narrative delivers at the end of the game where Yen Sid explains how when a Nobody or Heartless perish - they're brought back to life... I just don't understand the reasoning and the meaning this has for Death in the series as a whole. Can entities (characters), die within the story at all? or is Xehanort an exception because he used a Keyblade to separate his Heart from the body in BBS?

I just don't understand the concept of the Nobodies/heartless perishing and selectively returning - You beat Demyx midway through KH2 and he fades there and then, how come he only re-appears with the other None CoM Organisation Members on RE:Coded's post credit sequence? - At that specific moment? Also on that note, why is it that the CoM characters are not present? - I understand they we're recruited later and left to guard Castle Oblivion(?).

Is there an applicable method of Death within this franchise? or does everything just return within cycle, I simply don't get it. Any help on this matter would be appreciated!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So, I think it was even established in KH1 that if your heart is freed from a heartless, you will come back to life, so its not really new. Its just now mattering to named characters I guess?

As far as I understand, like literally being murdered or dying of illness or something would kill you like in real life. Its just your heart being forcibly removed that, if returned, you can come back. And then that extends to the body as well since if your body is gone your heart has nothing to go back to, but when both are liberated they rejoin.

I do think there is a bit of an implication of reincarnation in the lore, like hearts that return to Kingdom Hearts after true death might be reborn as someone else? But I'm not sure if that was confirmed or anything.

I feel like this was all created to not have constant murder happening in the series lol. Since off screen hundreds of people must be dying to create the amount of Heartless in each game. So the fact they can come back makes it less horrifying that the villains are just ripping out people's hearts to make their own fake Kingdom Hearts and crap like that.

Vivi-gamer

Thanks for your response :)

Okay so when a Keyblade Strikes, the person on the receiving ends Heart is temporarily withheld, if we're going with that how come in DDD :
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Kenny_ksd

Young Xehanort travels through time and brought every version of Xehanort to "THIS" time

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The separation of the heart and body are not death. Death is when the person's soul leaves the body, and there's no coming back from that. (check the Ansem reports in 2)

Xemnas's kingdom Hearts withheld the released hearts from Heartless. That's why it had to be destroyed, it stopped the people who'd lost their hearts from completing. That's why all the members were revived at the same time, their hearts were all held captive in Kingdom Hearts.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks for your response :)

Okay so when a Keyblade Strikes, the person on the receiving ends Heart is temporarily withheld, if we're going with that how come in DDD :
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Its like Kenny said, that is unfortunately because they decided to add time travel now as well, so they are just visiting from before they "died". They will return to their own times in the end and be defeated as we have already seen.

The separation of the heart and body are not death. Death is when the person's soul leaves the body, and there's no coming back from that. (check the Ansem reports in 2)

Xemnas's kingdom Hearts withheld the released hearts from Heartless. That's why it had to be destroyed, it stopped the people who'd lost their hearts from completing. That's why all the members were revived at the same time, their hearts were all held captive in Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah, this is all important, the soul leaving is a better way of putting what I said. And I forgot to mention that a lot of people's hearts were being held captive by the fake KH. I did sorta make a vague reference to that, but this was better put ha.

Back