• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Recently Seen Movie thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
Haven't seen this kind of thread yet, and I don't know if one like this has died before, but I thought I could start one.

So, this thread will be the Recently Seen thread! Here we will talk about or mention any movie you have recently seen, old or new, and your opinion or feeling after seeing it. It can be short or long, humorous or serious , casual or in depth; whatever you want or feel. No real rules except try not to be too nasty (unless the film is truly terrible, then rant away), try not to fight or argue, and keep films that are still in theaters or new wrapped in spoilers.

I'll start:

Recently saw Sweeny Todd: Infinitely better than I thought it would be, it's not as cliche as it appears from the outside. Had a great cast (Alan Rickman included), great themes, truly dark tone, solid plot, well done singing that gets the story and characters' agendas and emotions across, and had an awesome twist.

I'm not a fan of musicals much (tend to be overly chirpy and positive) but this is worth watching. I guess having Sondheim himself helping with the songs brings it up a notch. Going by Tim Burton's newer films this one looks like it was his last decent one.

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Between work and school, I started watching The Hunger Games movies last week. I plan to finish both parts of Mockingjay within the week. It's a lot better than what I initially dismissed it as—another Lord of the Flies clone—as it deals with the theme of oppression and contains tons of delicious moral ambiguity.

Peeta annoys me. His strength is played up in the first movie and never utilized, but instead is always such a burden. Also, he often makes Katniss feel guilty.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Rewatching the Harry Potter films with my sister. They're still pretty good. I'm going to take her to Universal for her birthday and I'm pretty confident that I'm going to be buying a character's wand of some kind.

That's the weird thing with these movies. I don't really love one character in particular enough to buy their wand. They all have around the same level of interest to them. Snape is probably the best bet if I had to pick one guy. Viktor Krum's wand actually looks kind of cool though.

redcrown

Awards
Rewatching the Harry Potter films with my sister. They're still pretty good. I'm going to take her to Universal for her birthday and I'm pretty confident that I'm going to be buying a character's wand of some kind.

That's the weird thing with these movies. I don't really love one character in particular enough to buy their wand. They all have around the same level of interest to them. Snape is probably the best bet if I had to pick one guy. Viktor Krum's wand actually looks kind of cool though.

I'm buying my wand completely based on what it looks like and won't even think about whose character's it is.
Harry's and Hermione's look nice, and so does Luna's. I just pick up whatever one I find best looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back