• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recap! Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix NA Launch Event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If anybody leaks videos of the event, then they truly have no respect. This entire event was free, done to honor fans and it would be a sick move to betray that by leaking anything. A photo or two from earlier in the event? Whatever. Full out video guys? Don't ask that of people. I know you guys want to see what happened but this is one of those things where you just don't do that.

Nomura especially didn't want people filming or taking photos.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm happy with the few images we got, and also knowing how much the staff really cares for their fans. You gotta think: it's wonderful to have something you create being enjoyed by others, no matter how many! It's like baking cupcakes for a party. The smile you bring to others' faces is well worth the cost of your cupcake, free or no.

I can imagine what it's like being them and having so many people clamoring about to show their love and appreciation for something they created. It's a simple thing, but it just makes you smile. You can't help it. Pretty sure everyone has felt that way before! But getting to experience that on a massive scale is what sets it apart.

I'll be happy if it remains elusive until they do something with the video and images on their own time. I don't need a leak, I'm just incredibly happy for both sides that got to experience that. It really DOES become some kind of 'mob mentality,' but in a good, collective way.

Congrats to those attendees!

reimeille

One things that was bugging me though is that during certain times they would play music from the games reaaally low in the background, and during the time when Nomura was talking about one of his favorite scenes, a song was playing and it was really pretty but I couldn't tell what it was! I'd never heard it before but it sounded like some parts of some of the girls' themes (as in either Namine, Kairi, Xion or Aqua's)?? I asked the people around me but they either couldnt pinpoint the name or couldn't hear it at all...

I want to email them to see if they still have a list of the songs they used on the slides but idk if I should, but otherwise I'm going to spend the next 8 years of my life on Youtube trying to find this freaking song

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Oh goodness, that was me butchering the name XD

Anyways, thanks for the recap! Helps me remember the events that took place. I think I hit my friend a little too many times freaking out over everything.

And love the photo of the awesome KHI staff!

Really? That was you?? You were amazing iLeen. I'm glad you find the recap awesome. xD

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
How did you guys not faint being so close to so many Kingdom Hearts legends?!?

Well Ethy already said she was dead so yeah.

Also glad y'all had fun. I'd imagine that room is the one that conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort we heard at E3 took place in. Makes sense to me at least.

EdIwin3052

I was also one of the 25 VIP. Best experience ever! A live performance by Shimomura! Kingdom hearts three! When he took his seat I sat literally a chair away from Nomura(2 from hashimoto) and i even got to shake shimomura, hashimoto, and nomuras hand on my way out! The gift bag was amazing and i was floored when i saw the signed lithograph. Cant wait till the official group photo is released by square/disney. Was funny getting odd looks by the other guests on the far left of the front row(I believe they were with square)when i man screamed after hearing nomura announced, probably thought i was dieng haha.

In your photo in third from the left, I truly wish i knew the KHI team was right there by me. Would have loved to thank you all for your efforts and geek out. This is my go to site for kingdom hearts news but have always been a fly on the wall just watching and never posting. glad this can be my first!

vincentr0th

Awards
I never Said i want leaks 0.0

since they filmed it themselves i just Hope They Show it to us.and its not like i just could have Flied there from Germany(Damn how i would have Loved Doing that, tho XD)

But,just to clarify this,since i didn't Quite get it.Nomura just said not to Film the teaser,didnt he?so were People allowed to Film the Rest or no?

reimeille

I never Said i want leaks 0.0

since they filmed it themselves i just Hope They Show it to us.and its not like i just could have Flied there from Germany(Damn how i would have Loved Doing that, tho XD)

But,just to clarify this,since i didn't Quite get it.Nomura just said not to Film the teaser,didnt he?so were People allowed to Film the Rest or no?

We were told not to record anything by Drew Hayashida (and signs on the reception table on the way in); Nomura just specifically stressed it a second time (through the "note" to Hayashida) before KH3 came on. Don't worry, their team had cameras on the whole time, I'm sure they have everything.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
you just reminded me, one guy had flown in from greece for the event

that's some dedication

axel95

Awards
I don't mind the exclusive KH3 footage for the event, but I think they should have released either a condensed version or thirty seconds of different footage for everyone else. Despite the ReMixes, there are still plenty of people mad about the lack of KH3. Maybe they are planning to reveal something major in Febuary, but I doubt that. I'm a little disappointed in Square.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't mind the exclusive KH3 footage for the event, but I think they should have released either a condensed version or thirty seconds of different footage for everyone else. Despite the ReMixes, there are still plenty of people mad about the lack of KH3. Maybe they are planning to reveal something major in Febuary, but I doubt that. I'm a little disappointed in Square.

Is anything even happening in February?

Maybe you should try PSX or Jump Festa first.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
They should release the artwork of the "Land of Departure"-like world as present for the holiday season, I'm really in need of a new wallpaper.:wink:

Phantom Duck

you just reminded me, one guy had flown in from greece for the event

that's some dedication

Hello guys and girls. I have been following khinsider for a loooong time, but I just registered. Better late than never I guess...

I just wanted to write that I was the crazy Greek guy, who took a week off his work so I could come and see the event up close. I flew literally from the other side of the Earth. Of course once I came to Los Angeles, I did many more things (like visiting the city, or going to Universal and Warner Bros tours, etc) but the prime reason I decided to make the trip, was this event.

Living in a small country in Europe, you rarely have opportunities like these. Being invited to a private event on the central Walt Disney studios, about one of the most loved videogame series of mine. I had written a question on the Square Enix blog, but I did it mainly out of curiosity. I didn't expect to be one of the 25 (I thinkg) chosen blog winners. So, you can imagine my face when I received a personal invitation to my e-mail.

Long story short, I made the decision and spent the 3 days I had ahead of me, searching the way to the Disney offices, arranging tickets and hotels / hostels to stay, making the papers needed to travel to another continent, and many more things.

The next days I will try to make a detailed post about my full experience regarding the event. Right now, I am on the airport, waiting to go back to Greece and I have to say that I regret nothing. Actually, I regret not talking with you more during the event but... oh well, there is always the next time :p

By the way, I was on the 2nd group.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hello guys and girls. I have been following khinsider for a loooong time, but I just registered. Better late than never I guess...

I just wanted to write that I was the crazy Greek guy, who took a week off his work so I could come and see the event up close. I flew literally from the other side of the Earth. Of course once I came to Los Angeles, I did many more things (like visiting the city, or going to Universal and Warner Bros tours, etc) but the prime reason I decided to make the trip, was this event.

Living in a small country in Europe, you rarely have opportunities like these. Being invited to a private event on the central Walt Disney studios, about one of the most loved videogame series of mine. I had written a question on the Square Enix blog, but I did it mainly out of curiosity. I didn't expect to be one of the 25 (I thinkg) chosen blog winners. So, you can imagine my face when I received a personal invitation to my e-mail.

Long story short, I made the decision and spent the 3 days I had ahead of me, searching the way to the Disney offices, arranging tickets and hotels / hostels to stay, making the papers needed to travel to another continent, and many more things.

The next days I will try to make a detailed post about my full experience regarding the event. Right now, I am on the airport, waiting to go back to Greece and I have to say that I regret nothing. Actually, I regret not talking with you more during the event but... oh well, there is always the next time :p

By the way, I was on the 2nd group.

That was you!? We were in the lobby when you were talking to Kaori about how fantastic the event was and we were like "Wow, he is really dedicated!"

I hope you got to meet Hashimoto. I saw you talking to Drew after the event too but then we all went our separate ways so there was no time to say hello and "wow you are my hero" because really, you must have a lot of love for this series to come here for it. I'm glad you were able to attend and see the sights of the city!

Please do write about your experience! I'd certainly love to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back