• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rebuilding an Academy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
As some of you may know, the Roleplaying Academy was built so that roleplayers may help eachother grow and advance as writers. For you who don't know about it, you can find the thread here: The Roleplaying Academy

This thread is to discuss the eventual reconstruction of the academy and what you would like to see it more geared toward. Naturally, many people will want to see different things added, and of course, we won't be able to please everyone, but we can find a happy compromise that most people will be able to agree upon.

Should it still retain classes directed toward current roleplayers improving themselves, or should it be retooled to instead cater to new roleplayers or those wishing to start roleplaying? Or should it be an even mixture of both?

Do you have any ideas that you think should be implemented? Perhaps something from the previous model should be changed?

Would you be interested in seeing the academy restored, as either mentor or student? Or do you think it is better off dead?

You don't have to answer the above questions in some sort of Q&A style. They're simply guidelines to give a general idea of what we're looking for. Anyone who has anything to share, feel free to share it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I find the entire thing to be a good tool for those new to Roleplaying - as it is optional, and usually those who keep in good contact with their Mentors, and Mentors with their Students, etc, turn out for the better.

The biggest issue with the Academy that I can see is mostly just one from time zone/real life stuff perspective. Not everyone grows into the walls of this ship.

I never really saw anything wrong with the past model - it's mostly just keeping the door open for those happy few that skip in here to learn a trick or two is something I'm more concerned about. I'd rather keep the Academy itself - as long as possible, regardless of model/design/jell-O - open.

Simple as that, Omnomnoms.

If the Roleplaying Academy is to be used by one member, or two, or five hundred - I would still prefer it to remain open. To deny potential creativity is to deny imagination, and to deny imagination is to simply stop being human.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back