• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Rebirthing Midnight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Please, please, please do not tell me that Crystal is dead!!! She is the hero of the story, she cannot die!!! And I have a hard time believing that Xehanort would die that easily. I so cannot wait until your next update; I really need to know what happens next. One more thing (like usual), what were the songs at the beginning and end of the chapter? They do not seem familiar.

Andillexe

Yeah... she died. Sorry. *hides* Please don't hurt me. o.o When I was writing this, all I wanted to do was just get rid of Xehanort, so I had Crystal kill him. Sure, it could've been better, but he was starting to make me mad. XD Guess I got really into it. The first song is "Until the End" by Breaking Benjamin, and the second one is "When Angels Fly Away" by Cold.

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
(starts bawling) (hides future Riku Kelsie Fanart)

Where are you going to take it now? She WAS the protagonist.

Andillexe

(starts bawling) (hides future Riku Kelsie Fanart)

Where are you going to take it now? She WAS the protagonist.

*blinks* Riku... Kels--nevermind. You'll see where it goes. I might have to add a bunch before next Friday, or I could just be lazy and make a mini-story later. idk.

Last edited:

madammina

Riku Kelsie are my crack pair. Despite the fact they seem to go well together (in my mind anyway) no one else seems to have put them together.

I'm really stumped on how this will go forward. I'm gonna miss Crystal though, and I'm scared for Riku.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
I agree with madammina, what are you going to do with the story now that the main character is dead? And I am terrified for Riku; he doesn't seem like one to deal with death well. Anyway, can't wait until your next post; I really want to see where the story goes now.

Andillexe

I''m... uh... not at liberty to discuss this? I really don't want to give anything away, but at the same time I want to tell you how I'm going to do this. *bites tongue* Arg! Now I take back everything I've ever said about cliffhangers. They are not fun to write. Not fun at all. >.<

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Re: Rebirthing Midnight [Chapter 5 now up]

Yeah, cliffhangers aren't fun, especially the one you left us hanging with at the end of your chapter. Man, I don't know where you're going to go with this, but I do hope you find a way to bring Crystal back to life. I was thinking that, since she is an Unbirth, if Riku can find her soul and put it back into her body, then she would be whole. Just a crazy idea that I had rolling around in my head. Can't wait until your next update.

Twilight_Path

What...? Who...? When...?

... Why?? :(

*sigh*

I guess I'll just have to wait until the next update.

Last edited:

Andillexe

Chapter 6: Who says oblivion has to be eternity?
It seems just like yesterday
Was the first time that I
Heard you call my name.
Since then so much has changed.
I’m still the same girl that I was before.
If I could rewind,
Watch all my life
Just pass me by, I could see you.

As the darkness overcame me, and Riku’s futile cries faded away, I said goodbye to the universe. I wasn’t there for very long, but I cycled through all of my memories before they were lost forever. First meeting Riku, Ansem the Wise, the King, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Kairi; the first time I ever drove a gummi ship, my first night in Hollow Bastion, Destiny Islands, being in Organization XIII, hanging out with Zexion and Roxas, all those times I ran away and got brought back by Axel. All the Sea-Salt Ice Cream I shared with Riku. Even the memories Naminé planted. What I thought was my home world, family, and friends. I had to see all of my memories, just one last time.

When the darkness had completely enveloped me, I didn’t know who I was or why I was in oblivion. I walked around, trying to find something that explained what was going on. After what seemed like years of walking around in this endless abyss, I bumped into something.

“What the hell?” came a voice. I looked up to see fierce green eyes and flaming red hair. “Xion?” I didn’t know what he meant, so I tried to move around him. He stopped me. “Whoa, hey. Where’s the fire?” He laughed. I didn’t.

“What is it, Axel?” came another voice from behind the man that wouldn’t let me go. A boy came to join us.

“It’s Xion,” Axel told him. The boy looked at me.

“Xion?” he asked. I gazed at him blankly. “It’s me, Zexion. Remember?” I stared at him, wondering who these people were and why they were calling me “Xion”. Zexion looked as if he was going to start crying when he grabbed me in a hug. “I missed you.” And that was the trigger for all of my memories to start flooding back to me.

It was like with the necklace, only ten times more powerful. Images of me, the Organization, Zexion, Axel, Roxas, Xemnas, Riku, Ansem the Wise, Naminé, Kingdom Key, Twilight Town, Seth, Sea-Salt Ice Cream, Heartless, Nobodies, Unbirths, the Wasteland, Destiny Islands, Xehanort, everything bombarded my mind. I started screaming with all the memories flowing between my head and my heart. Zexion let go of me and watched as I sunk to the ground, exhausted from my memories.

“Riku?” I groaned, holding my head to try and keep it from exploding. “Where am I?” Zexion and Axel looked down at me.

“We’re in oblivion,” Zexion answered my question stiffly. “Riku’s not here.” I looked up at them, trying to focus on his face.

“You dropped me into an abyss!” I accused, pointing at Zexion. Axel started laughing. “What are you laughing at? You didn’t even try to help me. Hell, you were the reason I fell in the first place!” That shut him up. I staggered upward and cursed my head.

“I—I had to let you fall,” Zexion stammered. “The—the Heartless were coming and there was nothing I could do!” I looked into his eyes and clearly saw the sorrow and remorse, blazing like torches. He was telling the truth, and he did regret letting me go. I softened up a bit; there was no way I could be mad at him for any length of time, no matter how much I hated the Organization. Zexion was the first person to actually make me feel at home in The World That Never Was. He always hung out with me, stuck up for me when Vexen, Marluxia, or Demyx would make fun of me for not having any memories or when I would forget how to do even the simplest of tasks… and he always tried to help me get some memories back. Soon that friendliness turned to liking, then it turned into more than that. Zexion used to say that our love wasn’t real, but it never mattered to me. The only thing that had mattered to me was with the person I loved. But those emotions were fake; I couldn’t have something that wasn’t real, could I? But, standing there in the darkness of Oblivion, I knew that as hard as I would ever try, there would always be a little place in my heart that could never hate Zexion.

“Uh-huh.” I closed my eyes and smiled. “I guess I ought to thank you, though. If you hadn’t dropped me, I wouldn’t have ever met Riku.” I opened my eyes and looked at him, only to see a warm, bright light. “Why is there light?” I asked, cutting off Zexion’s grumbling and Axel’s laughter. They turned to where I was staring at the light.

“There’s nothing there,” Zexion sighed. “Only darkness.”

“No. There’s a beautiful light. I think it’s calling me home.” Axel and Zexion didn’t do anything as they watched me walk to a light they couldn’t see. “Just one thing. Even though I got most of my memories back, there’s one thing I can’t remember.”

“What’s that?” Axel asked.

“When I saw Saïx in Hollow Bastion, he told me that I still had a mission to complete. What was the mission?”

“To get rid of Riku,” Zexion said coldly, no emotion showing in his eyes. I looked between him and Axel, but they were both solemn. I ran through the light and didn’t look back.

“Why’s it so dark?” I thought I asked myself. There was a heat on my face that felt like light, but I couldn’t see anything.

“Maybe because you have your eyes closed?” My eyes shot open as soon as I recognized the voice.

“Riku!” As soon as I found him, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him as hard as I could. He held me tightly.

“Don’t you ever do that again,” he told me. “The first two times were enough.”

“If I could control it, then I never would’ve left the first time,” I said. I pulled away so that I could get a good look at him. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair was a mess, and he looked as if he hadn’t slept in days. So much for not worrying, I thought to myself. My head was throbbing slightly, so I reached up to hold it. My hands found bandaging. I looked around the room. “Where are we?”

“Disney Castle.”

“How long have I been… gone?” I couldn’t bring myself to say “dead.”

“Three months,” he said. “Give or take.” Oh. It felt like it was only a day or two. Time flies when you’re wandering around oblivion after some crazy psycho killed your memories. Riku looked at my hand intently then shifted his gaze to the floor. “When Xehanort hit you across the head, he fractured your skull, so...” He said this as if dying from amnesia was a normal, everyday occurrence.

“Huh.” I kept looking around. “Where is everyone?”

“Library.” I should’ve guessed that.

“Is Seth with them?” I asked. Riku didn’t answer. “You didn’t kill him, did you?”

“No,” he said through clenched teeth. “I don’t know where he is. But he’s alive and well somewhere,” he added when he saw my face.

“How’s everyone been?”

Riku shrugged, but still didn’t look at me. “As good as can be expected.”

I looked into his face, trying to read his emotions. “How have you been?” Riku didn’t look at me; nor did he answer. I didn’t push him. If he didn’t want to talk about it, I wasn’t going to force him.

I made a move to get up when he said, “Not so good.” He took a deep breath before continuing. “When you died, I thought that there was no way this could be happening. It just couldn’t. But you didn’t wake up or answer me, so…” He sighed. “For the past few months I’ve been wandering around the worlds, looking for Unbirths and taking down every single one I saw.”

“But not Seth?” I asked. I thought that Seth would be the first Unbirth Riku would have set his rage and depression on. But Riku just shook his head.

“After you fell, he stood there looking dazed for a second, then he bolted towards the rock formation nearby. I haven’t seen him since, but I don’t think he stayed there for long. He might be in this castle.” I knew that Riku definitely hoped that Seth wasn’t in this castle, and that he only said it to make me feel better.

I tried to digest this information for a moment, then sat up and got off the bed. “Where do you think you’re going?” Riku asked, putting his hand on my arm and keeping from going.

“I haven’t had anything to eat in about three months,” I explained, freeing myself. “I’m starving.” I walked out the door and headed to the kitchen; Riku followed. We didn’t really talk much. And I was fine with that. Just being by Riku was enough for me. After I had finished nourishing myself, I went out to try and find Seth. Riku wasn’t happy about that and tried to convince me that there were other places that Seth could be besides this castle, but he came along anyway. After looking in the most obvious places and places I thought he might be, we finally found him at the end of the hall on the same floor my room was on. “Hey,” I greeted in a small voice when I closed the door behind me. Riku stayed outside, which was probably best.

Seth looked like a wreck. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair was sticking up in all different directions, and he was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. When I came in he went from a glare, to a look of surprise, to a look of confusion, to a look of utter shock, and then finished with looking like he was going to cry.

“How you been?” I asked. Seth answered by jumping up from the bed and hugging me. Despite the fact I didn’t know him for very long, Seth had become one of my closest friends. I know that he had developed a crush on me, but he was like the brother I never had. My buddy. I would never be able to return the feelings. Besides, I would die for Riku, I love him so much. Well… not really, seeing as I’ve died already. Death is not fun.

Seth shrugged. “At least Riku didn’t kill you,” I laughed. Seth didn’t laugh with me. “Please don’t tell me I’m seeing your ghost,” I begged, my smile quickly diminishing.

“No, I’m not dead,” he told me. I started breathing again. “He didn’t get the chance, anyway. I was gone for most of the time.” He went over to one of the drawers in his wardrobe and took out a small, square piece of paper. “Looking for this.” He handed it to me and let me study it. It was a picture of four boys, one of which slightly resembled Seth.

“Oh. Who are they?” He took the picture back and stared at it for a while before answering.

“Me and my friends from Brightsville. My name back then was Jethro, and that’s Giovanni, we called him ‘G’, Nick, and Brian,” he pointed out, a tender look in his eyes. “This is what Xehanort used to give me a human form. He and his apprentice came to my world and took me, turning me into an Unbirth. A few years later, the Heartless came to my world and destroyed it. Ever since then he’s called me Jethro.” He looked me straight in the eye. “I’m not my original self. I have my own life, my own personality.” He smiled. “My own friends.”

“Aw, that’s so sweet,” I laughed. I stared at the picture in his hands. “But it took you months to find one little picture?”

“Not quite.” Seth set the picture down and sat on the bed as if he was suddenly exhausted. “I couldn’t just leave all those Unbirths in the castle. There had to be something I could do.”

“Seth, what did you do?” I asked, apprehensive about where this was going.

“I gave the Unbirths their memories back,” he sighed, looking up at me. I walked over to the bed and sunk down next to him. “Xehanort created all of the Unbirths himself, and that’s how he gets the things he needs to make a humanoid Unbirth, like us. But it took him so long that he decided he needed help.”

“Me.” Seth nodded. “Did he make me, too?”

“No. But he said you were the most special Unbirth he’s ever seen. Unbirths can’t make other Unbirths, but they have to be made by something. Nobody created you. You just showed up soulless one day. So, naturally, the craziest scientist set out to find the rare being.” Seth looked disgusted.

“So, how was I made?” I asked, as if he would know.

“I don’t have a clue,” he said. “Anyway, glad you’re back.” He smiled at me. I touched my necklace.

“Did you tell Riku or anyone about this?” Seth looked at me like “gee, I don’t know. What do you think?” “Well, let’s find the others and tell them what you told me.” I got up and went to the door, opening it. Seth stayed on the bed.

“Is that a good idea?”

“I don’t know,” I admitted. “But they might have some advice or opinions or something. Let’s just give it a try.” Seth got up and followed me out. Riku gave me a sour look; Seth did the same thing. I mentally did a face-palm and shortly fantasized about slapping the both of them.

“Oh, there he is,” Riku grumbled, crossing his arms.

“Yeah, did ya miss me?” Seth put on a smile that basically told Riku to hit him with his best shot. I was all for knocking both of them out cold.

“Honestly, when are you two going to grow up?!” I exclaimed. They looked at me and then turned back to glaring at each other. “I get it. You two aren’t the bestest best buddies ever, but could you at least attempt to pretend you like each other. It’s driving me insane!” I walked down the hall and turned around. “If you two can’t get along, then I’m just going to… not be around you guys.” I stormed off to the gummi bay. Seth tried to come after me, maybe apologize, but Riku stopped him.

“Let her go,” Riku told him. “She needs to be alone for a while.”

“Do you think we could get along?” Seth looked at Riku. Riku stared down the hall for a while before going back to his room. “Where do you think she went?” Seth leaned on the doorframe of Riku’s room.

“To her spot.”

I sat on top of the clock tower, staring into the sunset, with all its colors and light, eating my Sea-Salt Ice Cream and thinking about how little I actually knew about how everything worked. I went over the Ansem Reports and the Secret Ansem Reports in my head, trying to make a connection to me and the Heartless. I couldn’t find any relationships. What Xehanort said about Ansem the Wise also passed through my head over and over again, too. Xehanort said that he was somewhat of a governor of what the Wasteland used to be before, like Ansem the Wise was in Radiant Garden. How did Xehanort know Ansem? How did they seem to have the same ideas? Thinking back, I remembered that there were quite a few mentions of Master Xehanort and his ideas in Ansem’s documents. Also some passages that I had only skimmed over that had some things that could only have been written if Xehanort had been a friend and/or colleague. It talked about his ideals and his hypotheses about… stuff that I didn’t bother to take the time and read.

I sat there, sucking on my salty-sweet treat, trying to calm down a bit. After reading the reports and the documents that Ansem had, things finally started to make a little bit of sense to me. But, for some reason, it felt like this news was almost devastating. You’d think I’d be happy to know myself after all the confusion. To be in a serene state of mind when I didn’t really have to think about much or worry about anything. Well, there was one thing that I had to worry about. These two obnoxious boneheads that I know who can’t seem to stop fighting for one minute.

I looked back at the enormous clock behind me and sighed; it was quarter past six o’clock. Licking the remains of the light blue morsel off the stick, I looked at the word WINNER printed on it and smiled. “You’re late,” I said.

“I know,” said the person behind me. I took one last look at the stick before pocketing it. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Riku,” I told him, turning around to look at the silver haired boy who had saved my life innumerable times. He smiled and came to sit next to me. “It’s different without them here.”

“Hmm?” Riku didn’t take his eyes off the sunset as he took out a bar of Sea-Salt Ice Cream. “I still don’t get how you can eat so much of these,” he chuckled, shaking his head.

“Guess it’s an acquired taste. If you don’t want it, I’ll take it.” I reached for the ice cream, but he pulled it just out of my reach. I lost my balance and fell onto his lap.

“You already had one,” he chided. I reached for the ice cream again, but he shoved half of it in his mouth and made a face at me. I laid my head down on his lap and returned to staring at the sunset. There were very loud sucking and slurping noises above me. When the noises stopped, I looked up and saw a big LOSER in my face.

“That sucks,” I giggled. He tossed the stick off the clock tower.

“Ready to go home?”

“Yeah. Right after we get everyone else.”

“Crystal!” they all shouted. And thus proceeded to glomp me. “We missed you!” “How did you come back?” “What was it like?” “Don’t you ever do that again!” “Who’s the kid?”

“Please… get… off… Need… air!” I squeaked from under everyone. The got up and resumed pelting me with questions. “This is Seth,” I introduced, inviting Seth to step forward and meet everyone. “He has something to say before I answer your questions,” I said, trying to get out of the spotlight. “Go ahead, Seth.” He gulped and repeated what he told me.

“What was the object for you?” Sora asked me.

“This necklace.” I pulled out the pendant from under my shirt, where it had somehow managed to hide, and showed it to them. They all looked at the necklace for a second, then I announced, “I think we’ve been away from home for too long."

“But, don’t you want to know more about Unbirths?” Riku asked looking concerned.

“No. Maybe I’m better off not knowing.” I touched the pendant and nodded. “Home sounds like a much better course of action.”

“Well in that case.” Riku turned to me. “Crystal, you know you’re special to me, and I know from experience that I would be devastated if I ever lost you.” I scratched the back of my neck. “I never want to lose you.” He took my hands and got down on one knee. Needless to say, my eyes widened considerably. He reached into his pocket. “Crystal—” He took something out of his pocket. “—will you share this paopu fruit with me?” He presented me with a yellow, star-shaped fruit. A big grin stretched across his face as I looked down at him.

“Yes, you cheesy weirdo, you,” I laughed. He stood up and broke the fruit in half, offering a piece to me. We both took a bite, and he took me in his arms. He stared deep into my sapphire blue eyes with his beautiful aquamarine ones before picking me up and spinning me around, kissing me with more love and passion then ever before. Everyone in the room started clapping. Even Seth.

We were strangers starting out on a journey,
Never dreaming what we’d have to go through.
Now here we are and I’m suddenly standing
At the beginning with you.
No one told me I was going to find you.
Unexpected, what you did to my heart.
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start.
And life is a road, and I want to keep going.
Love is a river, I want to keep flowing.
Life is a road, now and forever;
Wonderful journey.
I’ll be there when the world stops turning.
I’ll be there when the storm is through.
In the end I want to be standing
We were strangers on a crazy adventure,
Never dreaming how our dreams would come true.
Now here we stand unafraid of the future
Wonderful journey.
I knew there was somebody somewhere
Like me alone in the dark.
Now I know my dream will live on,
I’ve been waiting so long.
Nothing’s gonna tear us apart.
Wonderful journey.
Life is a road, and I want to keep going.
Love is a river, I want to keep going on.
Starting out on a journey.
Life is a road, and I want to keep going.
In the end, I want to be standing
♪ ♥ ♫

Epilogue

“Tsu! Ry!” Mom called. Tsukikama was sitting on the beach staring at the sunset next to her twin brother, Ryuu, whose head was the only part of him not buried in the sand. They had gone down to the beach to play while dinner was cooking. “Dinner time!”

“Okay, Mom!” Tsu and Ry called together. “Race you home,” Tsu told her brother, then she bolted to their house.

“Hey! No fair!” Ry shouted as he struggled to get out of the sand. When he finally managed to free himself, he sprinted as fast as he could to catch up to Tsu. They both blew past Crystal in an attempt to beat the other. Laughing, Crystal ran after them.

“I won! I won!” Tsu gloated as they reached the kitchen.

“Only because you cheated,” Ry grumbled, taking his place at the table.

“Tsu, did you cheat?” Dad asked, trying to hide his smile and act serious, which he failed miserably at. Riku never was good at keeping a straight face, Crystal thought, shaking her head.

“No, Daddy. Honest!” Tsu defended herself. Riku winked at Crystal.

“Uh-huh!” Ry exclaimed.

“Nuh-uh!” Tsu stuck her tongue out at him.

“If you two keep up this bickering,” Crystal mock scolded, “then we just won’t have cake and presents.”

“What? No! We didn’t mean it!” is what she got in response.

“C’mon, honey. They’re only going to turn six once,” Riku said, playing along.

“Yeah. What Daddy said,” Tsu and Ry chimed in.

“Well… Okay,” Crystal said. “Eat your dinner first. And wash up.”

“Yay!”

The End… for now.

Last edited:

madammina

Re: Rebirthing Midnight [Chapter 6 now up]

Nice job. You wrote an excellent fic (though Idid get lost at the end with the Chrystal/Kairi thing)

But I liked it. They got married!

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

That was AWESOME!!! I loved the ending; Riku and Crystal got married!!! I was a little confused with the whole thing with Kairi though; are they connected some how? I was a little confused with the whole Unbirth/Heartless/Nobody thing too; I might have to go back and read that part. Also, how did she die of amnesia and come back? Again, just a little confused. Anyway, great job on the story, and I hope you continue (you probably will after the "for now" statement). Oh, and one more thing as usual, what were the lyrics at the beginning of the chapter? I know the song at the end was "Wonderful Journey" from, I believe, the Anastasia Soundtrack.

Andillexe

Of course they got married and had kids. ;3 I might make a fic about their kids, if I ever get past the first chapter; or I might just make a fic about her and Zexion (which would be wierd considering the ending...).
That was AWESOME!!! I loved the ending; Riku and Crystal got married!!! I was a little confused with the whole thing with Kairi though; are they connected some how? I was a little confused with the whole Unbirth/Heartless/Nobody thing too; I might have to go back and read that part. Also, how did she die of amnesia and come back? Again, just a little confused. Anyway, great job on the story, and I hope you continue (you probably will after the "for now" statement). Oh, and one more thing as usual, what were the lyrics at the beginning of the chapter? I know the song at the end was "Wonderful Journey" from, I believe, the Anastasia Soundtrack.

Sorry for the confusing parts... Before, in like chapter two, three or four, Xehanort said that an Unbirth just wanders around Oblivion if their memories are lost. If their memories come back, then they come back to life; because that's all and Unbirth is: memories. When Zexion hugged Crystal, the emotions triggered memories of them together, and that caused a chain reaction and all of her other memories--with Riku and her adventures in both stories--to come back. I told you I had a plan, didn't I? There was no way Crystal was going to stay dead. She just couldn't. Anyways, glad you liked it and now I'm sad that it's over. The first song is "Rewind" by Pillar.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

Oh, okay, thanks for answering my question. Man, I am really going to miss these stories. My favorite parts were all the banter between Riku and Crystal. Oh, and the parts where she was flying the gummy ship; loved all the reactions. I hope you make more stories, maybe one with her time a part with the Organization or with Zexion; that would be great. Anyway, I know I have said this before, and I'll say it again, great job on your stories, Andillexe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back