• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Realm of Nothingness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

I want to know what exactly the RoN is. I know you fight Xemnas with Riku in it at the end of the game but just what is it? And something about the door to the RoN being created from worlds as a gift to Sora? I'm definitely confused.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The door is a gift from the worlds to Sora and leads to/inside Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts, which seems to consist of pure craziness.

We don't know very much about the realm of nothingness, since the only time it's ever referred to by name is in Ansem the Wise's secret report number 4 and never again, surely not by Nomura in any interview or in the Series Memorial Ultimania for that matter.

It sounds like a boring place "where all existence is nullified" but it's really not clear why it's there in the first place or how it's connected to the other realms.
At least in my opinion we see the realm three times in the series: the room in Castle Oblivion where Marluxia's second and third form are fought, the room where Naminè talks to Roxas on the 3rd day and the room where Xemnas' final form is fought. There are other interpretations of course.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The clusterf**k of an area that lies beyond the door is called "World of Nothingness." Some say that it refers to the area, while others say it refers to that dragon-castle amalgamation that you super-jump all over. Either way, I've heard that it's supposed to be something of a counterpart to KH1's Gutship final boss, formally known as "World of Chaos."

The actual Realm of Nothingness seems to be something of an abandoned concept. Maybe because there's just literally nothing to it, and that makes it a kinda boring place.

Anagram

Banned
Tbh likely a dropped concept or mistranslation. KH2 was notorious for mistranslations like misspelling Braig's name or Roxas "why did he pick you" line.

I remember old fans comparing several clips of Diz remarking darkness is nothing or something like that. The basic gist was that he's talking about the realm of darkness rather than a realm of actual nothing. Kinda like that hugs black void you fight Ansem in during KH1's final boss fight. It was nothing but a rock, a door, a few beings and darkness with no end.

Wonderful

Awards
yeah, diz's comment in blank points makes it seem that the realm of nothingness was just an error or dropped concept and he was really just talking about the realm of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back