• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REALLY High quality Scan pics from Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've edited the post so that all the images can be found without all the urls cluttering your post. ^_^; And I've added it to KHI, thanks! (+rep)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
According to Nomura's interview those aren't precisely Coded's graphics, they're actually a computer representation of what they HOPE they'll be able to put on Cell phone hardware, but as of now there is no actual in-game footage because they don't even know how far graphically they can take the game

You can't really be so judgmental of 358/2's graphics that we've seen so far for a couple reasons

1. Because these are very early-in-development screens of the game

2. Certain graphical styles look fantastic when in-motion during play, but if you try and take a still-screen of the action, they end up looking terrible, when really they look great when it's in motion

3. The scans we have are actually enlarged and distorted slightly from the DS's screen resolution, meaning that these images are actually slightly pixelated from what the graphics actually look like because they enlarged them for the scans

Also, from what Nomura's said so far, Coded is actually 2D sprites rendered on a 3D map, meaning that Sora and co. and all the enemies are actually 2D, but the background like Traverse town and the Blocks are rendered in 3D

Whereas the DS game is completely in 3D

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why do people complain about 358/2's graphics anyway? The DS after all cant make graphics much better then that anyway, they really are pushing the system, and it looks fabulous! (As long as its not like 15 frames per second like 1up says).

Its easiar to see the new enemies in the PSP version now, but they look like heartless anyway.

O

Oberon

Why do people complain about 358/2's graphics anyway? The DS after all cant make graphics much better then that anyway, they really are pushing the system, and it looks fabulous! (As long as its not like 15 frames per second like 1up says).

Its easiar to see the new enemies in the PSP version now, but they look like heartless anyway.
I agree with you, actually.

When I first saw the graphics I was a little "ewish", because I was so used to such great graphics on the PS2 and the sprites on the GBA. But I actually think it'll be fine, the DS has enough graphical capability to fulfill Nomura's needs, anyway, right? lol I'm sure it does. :3

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I these are pretty wicked awesome! I like it...I really do hope these game come out to America....anywho, yeah....they're good high-quality ones...I have to agree w/ that. Hope I can see MORE! XD

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Oh wow ^^. This really brings out the sexehness of the screens :D. Also it makes BBS ans 358/2 Days look a lot clearer. Can't wait ^^.

In response to those not liking 358/2 Days, you have to consider this is the DS. And yes 3D was pulled off well in FF and Dragon Quest, but those aren't as action based, but instead turn based. This has a lot more to cram in. We have full on cutscenes, probable voice acting, and more. And for gameplay, I think this should run very smoothly indeed. After all, this is Square Enix haha.

Cin

In a box...you happy now you heartless bastard?
I agree with you, actually.

When I first saw the graphics I was a little "ewish", because I was so used to such great graphics on the PS2 and the sprites on the GBA. But I actually think it'll be fine, the DS has enough graphical capability to fulfill Nomura's needs, anyway, right? lol I'm sure it does. :3

Agreed, if Nomu didn't like the graphics and the way the game was displayed, he wouldn't have it on the DS. These are VERY early pics people. If you looked at the very early pics of CoM you would puke. Not nearly as good as what SE gave us in the end. There's still a lot of work to be put into the games, and really I'm glad we're getting the games at all.

D

Dexter

I swear (and you guys are proabley gonna think i"m crazy) if you look at the 2nd BBS pic it feels like it has flashes of CG in it. All I can say these graphics for BBS are amazing....

O

Oberon

Nintandy²;2479766 Ooh and I remember reading somewhere about Sandaga? o_O[/quote said:
Sandaga? I head about that too.

o_O I think it was a screen shot in BBS....can't remember, though.

Phalinx

To be honest, in every BBS action scene I have so far looked at, it appears to be in a.. how do I say.. sort of "cutscene" in mid battle. Almost like a reaction command. So I'm still unsure about the gameplay.

But nice screens regardless.

Kurxi

Wow, now that is high quality Scans, the enemies really looks like Panic and Pain. Maybe the ancient form of Shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back