• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Really Disney/Pixar? Cars 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
'Fraid so. Of course I'm sure some of you enjoyed the first one. But, really? A second one? Out of all the possibilities. I mean The Incredibles 2 would be easy to make a good story out of and it was better than Cars. Finding Nemo. Monsters Inc. Anyway, source;

CARS 2

The sequel to the 2006 Pixar flick Cars will once again focus on sports car Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson), who has graduated to a global Race of Champions that is chock full of other speedsters from around the world. Joining McQueen on his journey will be pal Mater (Larry The Cable Guy), and according to Lasseter, Cars 2 will be a spy-thriller (?), which culminates with a Buckingham Palace throwdown. Rumors are that yet another former (or current?) 007 might be joining the Cars 2 cast.

Pixar Update: Cars 2 & Toy Story 3 Plots Revealed - Screen Rant

Complain with me. (or not)

Rix

:)
Awards
Well.It's not exactly recent news that they aremaking cars 2.. We have known that for some time now.

I found the first movie really dissapointing. The animation was stunning, but the story was meh. I don't have much hope for Cars 2 and I agreethat there are other Pixar movies they could have made a sequel of. The Incredibøes 2 could have worked.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I actually really liked Cars. It wasn't as ambitious as some of Pixar's other flicks, but it wasn't supposed to be. It was a simple little story about the joys of living a simple life, and of course, celebrating automobiles. And I thought the characters were funny, so I'd be willing to watch a sequel. We are talking about the company that made Toy Story 2, after all!

I mean The Incredibles 2 would be easy to make a good story out of and it was better than Cars.

But they won't make it without Brad Bird's consent, and he's not ready with a story yet, as far as I know. He has ideas, but not a complete plot. And that is why I have an incredible respect for Pixar.

Ventux

They could have done A Bug's Life or The Incredibles, but no, they had to pick the worst movie. Disney's sequel whoring is starting to affect Pixar.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Meh I like Disney's old stuff better... Back when movies were drawn and not animated, and yeah Pixar's stuff is pretty good. This one wasn't bad though, it was cute.

Yeah I liked some of the Drawn movies instead of the Animation, if they had some Drawn movies now that would be cool. But back on topic, I really wish it was an Incredibles 2 or Monsters Inc. 2.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Wasn't there an Incredibles sequel, but it was only released as a video game? The name "Rise of the underminer" sounds familiar.

It's nothing too different. Disney's just trying to rake in more money by creating an unnecesary sequel. (A la Lilo and Stitch, Aladdin)

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Well they have something unique that is popular and like they always say, they won't do a sequel unless they have a good story for it. Since they're what? 10 for 10 now? However if you compare it's overall review rating with the rest of their lineup, it doesn't make sense to make a sequel, looks like they're just trying to learn from what did not work last time and taking another crack at it. I don't doubt their ability.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
CARS 2

The sequel to the 2006 Pixar flick Cars will once again focus on sports car Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson), who has graduated to a global Race of Champions that is chock full of other speedsters from around the world...

I smell racial stereotypes!

...and according to Lasseter, Cars 2 will be a spy-thriller (?), which culminates with a Buckingham Palace throwdown. Rumors are that yet another former (or current?) 007 might be joining the Cars 2 cast.

WOW that is what I call a confirmation

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hasn't this been announced for years? Anyway, give it a chance. Yeesh. It's not like the first one was complete shit. Anything by Pixar can guarantee at least some quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back