• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Realizations (Haikyuu!!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I wrote this little story earlier today in german as two double-drabbles. I felt like translating them, paying attention to making it two double-drabbles again and it actually worked out quite well. :)

It took no less than six weeks before Koutarou managed to lose his habit of yelling „Akaashiiii!“ before telling each and every story of his life, no matter if there even was someone to tell it to.
It wasn't like he had failed to realize that Akaashi was no longer there to listen or answer him, but it had become a naturalness for him to tell Akaashi everything he did and experienced in his life and just stopping to do that was weirdly difficult for him.
But today, on a friday afternoon after his lectures were over, he didn't say a word when he turned around to tell how his whole day had been. For the first time, he just stopped und actually realized and accepted the fact that no one was there to answer.
Not his fellow students – with whom he did get along quite well, but they had their responsibilities so they didn't have time to wait for him – and, much more importantly:
No Akaashi.
Koutarous lips formed a disappointed pout before he sighed and decided to go home, although not without ascertaining the fact that he really wanted to see Akaashi again badly.
The sooner the better.

It took no more than half a minute after the new school-year had started until Keiji realized that everything had changed. Aside from not getting a voice message in the morning yelling “Akaashiiii!” so loud that he feared going deaf – which actually surprised him a bit – there was no one waiting in front of the school to tell him about those crazy insane awesome dreams he had had the night before.
Instead, it was unusually quiet while he walked to his class on his own, and even throughout the whole day, one thing was undeniable:
Bokuto wasn't here anymore.
Of course Keiji wasn't stupid. He had already known about that long before the summer vacation had begun and yet he wouldn't dare deny that reality hit him harder than he liked to admit.
Maybe he should call Bokuto and discretely let him know that he'd never minded being greeted by loud voice messages – obviously without parading that he had actually quite enjoyed the daily attention.
Then again, waiting the situation out sounded more promising to Keiji. Bokuto was naive, on a level where it almost hurt the people around him, but even he would eventually be hit by realization.
Eventually.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I think it's sweet both Koutarou and Keji miss each other a lot. C: You can tell they've bonded really well, even if they're apart now with new chapters/phases in their lives. I like how it's affected them in different ways. I'll laugh if Keji caves in and mentions his name being yelled really, really loudly. xD I wonder if Koutarou is a newly graduated student and has to live of an adult life now? At least that's my impression of it. I like this piece a lot and it shows how things can change after being familiar with someone or something after so long. It's both sad yet exciting at the same time. I can connect to it a little bit. I haven't seen the anime Haikyuu, but I feel like you've nailed them head on as characters too. Well done, VoidGear!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They go to the same High School in the manga/anime, with Koutarou being a third-year student and Keiji being a second-year. So I kinda jumped a little in the future to when Koutarou graduated and they're...well, apart for at least that year.

I've actually continued this story because the person I wrote it for asked me to, soooo if I find the time I'll probably translate and upload that, too.
I'm glad you like it and feel like I nailed it, haha. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back