• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Realistic water

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

In an earlier interview, Nomura stated that they added a more realistic aspect to the water. What is interesting to me now as we get closer to the release is that he stated this after we already saw Pirates of the Caribbean. An odd fact about it is that he stated that we had not seen this update yet.
After the last couple of trailers I noticed several things that look much better, however, I have not noticed any changes to the water? Not that the water ever looked bad IMO, though I am intrigued as to what this update or change was.
Is it possible that we still haven't seen these locations that were updated? (Not a new world post, new location lol)
Maybe this interview never happened and I just misread a different interview?

Let me know your thoughts!
Do you think we haven't seen these changes? Maybe you have noticed a difference in the water.

okhi12

Awards
I didn't know about that interview. There is water almost everywhere (except Keyblade Graveyard, that place hasn't seen water in ages). Pirates is the obvious world that comes to my mind, but it could be places with fresh water like the river in Corona or that pool with the secret path to the tower. Or maybe he was talking about the sea, because Arendelle, Scala ad Caelum and San Fransokyo are cities near the coast but we haven't seen the shore areas, if there are any. (we saw Elsa freezing the fjord but that doesn't really count).
It's raining in the mountain path before rock titan battle in Olympus, he could be referring to the textures of the wet rocks. The world of darkness has the Aqua battle over the water. Other places with water are the fountains in Radiant Garden, the beach of Destiny Islands... even if these are not confirmed to be playable worlds. He could mean anything.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Is this going to be the beginning of KH3's 'Puddlegate'?

ImVentus

Awards
Pirates is based on a live action IP, so I believe he's talking about the water simulation looking the most believable in Carribbean. But the water presentation in Ariel's summon looks quite excellent.
As for Corona, the waterfall behind her tower looks worse than it did in 2015, by it's reveal. All the other water locations in the Disney worlds would probably look as what to expect from water simulation for PS4 games. Water simulation is one heck of a nightmare to work with.

Zaplen14

Water simulation is one heck of a nightmare to work with.
I am assuming that's why he brought it up in an interview. Maybe its such a difficult thing to master that he was proud about the team accomplishing it.

As far as watergate... im lost haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back