• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Real-time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexeon

This might be a stupid question, but what is Real-time?

I'm asking this because I was reading an article on FF v XIII, and it said,

"Japanese gaming publications have reported that the battle system will be reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts"

Also:

"Think of a real-time version of the cinematic fight sequences from the Advent Children movie"

What I want to know is, does this mean we'll be able to move around freely when fighting like in KH, or will it be like other FF's where you select the commands without freely moving?

S

Shadow Soldier

Why should it belong in the Final Fantasy XIII thread? He just read an article on it. A lot of games uses real time.

Lexeon

This should be in the FFXIII thread in the Square Enix section.
And from what I've been told, the KH-system is meant for Verses, while the "non" real time system is meant for FFXIII itself.

Sorry, about the mis-placement. So Versus is for the KH kind of fighting? Cool. Thanks.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Actually, real-time means that what you see is not pre-rendered videos. It's all rendered by the computer/console at that exact moment. It's what you call the in-game graphics.

So you know the difference between the opening FMVs of KH1/2 and the ingame videos? Well, the ingame videos are real-time, whereas FMVs are pre-rendered.

This also goes for real-time battling, as the console renders the images at that exact moment. The second quote means that you will play the game real time (like above said, you control the character) while it looks CG-animated (it looks pre-rendered).

Normally, that is not possible, but current hardware (PS3 in this case) can achieve a certain sense of realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back