• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Real-time cutscenes a la Kid Icarus: Uprising?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidus14

I've read that we can expect interactive cutscenes in 3D. But I saw a gameplay footage of Kid Icarus Uprising, and They have it too

Do you think it will be in the same sort of way in 3D? I mhope not. It gave a nice feeling to watching to the cutscenes..

Last edited by a moderator:

LucasDraleau

Re: ' interactive cutscenes a La Uprising?

I don't think it'll be quite the same. Nomura seems to know what he's talking about and it sounds like it'll be a more unexpected approach. Depending on how well this new approach is executed, it could be more "enjoyable," but it could also make things more confusing.

State

Awards

Was it confirmed that all cutscenes would be interactive, or some of them?

LucasDraleau

Was it confirmed that all cutscenes would be interactive, or some of them?

Famitsu (July 2011) said:
Does that mean you’ll be decreasing the number of cutscenes?

Nomura: Not meaning that we’ve decreased the number of cutscenes, but having each one explained one by one reduces the tempo of the game, so we’re introducing a new system to make up for it. It’s a directionally different system like what’s being introduced in Final Fantasy Versus XIII which won’t have cutscenes; it’ll be a sort of integration where you can play during the event scene. Along with that, Sora will fight alongside different friends. There’s also a secret movie being prepared, so please look forward to it.

So, he, pretty much, said that all the cutscenes happen while you play the game, but you don't have full control over what happens in them.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

These aren't interactive cutscenes, really. Or at least, interactive is the exact wrong adjective for it. Your actions don't change the events of the cutscene, stuff that would happen during a cutscene instead just happens as you're playing it.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
god damn right handed-oriented games
that is why twewy was best

Also that doesn't seem that great. Not saying I condone quicktime events that much, but something along the lines of what Resident Evil did would be better.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

These aren't interactive cutscenes, really. Or at least, interactive is the exact wrong adjective for it. Your actions don't change the events of the cutscene, stuff that would happen during a cutscene instead just happens as you're playing it.

Yeah, they seem more like playable cut scenes if that makes any sense.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

So, he, pretty much, said that all the cutscenes happen while you play the game, but you don't have full control over what happens in them.

That really reminds me of the cutscenes in Dead Space 2, where in some you could be able to do whatever, and in others you don't move or either do a sort of reaction command

Example: [video=youtube;4USCmcu0xgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4USCmcu0xgY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

(warning, it does include some spoilers of the first game if your thinking about playing)

and also you should skip to about 9:00 to see what I mean.

KeybladeMaster07

In my opinion, 3D cutscenes are gonna be more like the way you see the interactive cutscenes in Batman Arkham Asylum. Or if you watch the 2011 trailer of FF13 versus, you can see Noctis moving around while a cutscene was going on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Didn't Nomura say it wouldn't be like the interactive cutscenes in Versus, though that was where he got the idea from for 3D?

I'm pretty sure however it is done, it will be something we've never exactly seen before.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So what does he mean by interactive cutscenes? Could it be like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker? Because that would be a total badass! :DD Imagine using reaction commands to keep the cutscene going, that would be enjoyable.

I don't think it will use typical reaction commands sense that have been done a billion times before (quick-time events)

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I hope they decide not to take that approach. Keep the cut-scenes exactly as they are. Focus on the gameplay aspect, especially post-game to keep me playing. The cut-scenes have not been the problem in the recent Kingdom Hearts games. If anything, the lack of them has been the problem. (Days, Re:Coded)

Wahm-bulence

I'm a bit worried that I might not be able to follow the story as well if the cutscenes... aren't really cutscenes...
There might be less character development too...

The only thing that I thought of when I heard 'interactive cutscene' was in some parts of FFX where you can walk around while Tidus is thinking, or there is a voice in the background, but that wasn't really that great.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I think those who are worrying need to take a deep breath and relax the KH story is one of the most important aspects of the game and I doubt Nomura would endanger that especially since he's acknowledged that the series has become a bit hard to understand (for some)and a bit hard for new gamers to jump into.

Qiesamuel

Does this mean we might not get the Theater Mode anymore? If that so, it is gonna be bad :(

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Does this mean we might not get the Theater Mode anymore? If that so, it is gonna be bad :(

Not necessarily, because in the KH games, the keyblade you were using (and the form you were in) changed in the cutscene. However, in Theater Mode, they just used the basic keyblade. So in Theater Mode they could have the character do some preset thing where you couldn't interact with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back