• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Readers and Writers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Readers and Writers -Chapter I-

Today was the day that the members of the Runic Company would all meet eachother for the first time. Of course the Reader and Writer partners would know eachother, but noone else knew eachother.

Vincent preferred it that way, it was always good to meet new people. Even more so if the new friends would soon all be sent on some sort of apocalyptic journey to save the world, with a less than desirable success rate.

Vincent sighed. Soon he and Tomas would be back in Australia, the one place he had nothing to go to. He wasn't sure about Tomas's feelings towards is homeland, but Vincent could tell he'd only feel pain once he stepped back on to its land.

The entrance of the airport was the made of the same material as the whole structure. Glass. He and Tomas had received their call out to the airport, they knew what they had to do. They had been told to wait at the entrance, like everyone else, until the man arrived with their tickets, yet Vince didn't see another other Readers or Writers around. Maybe he and Tomas were early. They were told that the man with their tickets could be easily distinguished as a Writer, yet Vince had no idea what they meant by that.
Nobody stared at Vince's knnife, or the sword strapped to his back. It was as if they were used to the sight, simply nodding to Vince as he held the door open for them.

The weather was perfectly fine, only a few clouds ruined an otherwise perfectly blue sky. You couldn't feel the heat of the sun politely hitting you on the back, yet there was no coldness. It was perfectly fine.
Many people were carrying suitcases, and from what Vincent saw one of them had drugs with them since he was stopped by a dog then arrested.

'When are the rest of the Company going to get here, Tom? They sure are taking their time.'​

Light

faster than
Awards
Tomas gazed into the distance,pondering the question for a moment. Had they been attacked? Probably not. They'd of heard it.
The sky floated peacefully by, but it did not seem so peaceful with what was occuring.
"Maybe, Vince, they've just had a bit of hold-up somewhere. I'm worried about the tickets too. Where the hell is everyone?"
More people bustled past, and Tomas quickly surveyed the surroundings. Together they could make a rather eaasy escape; smash some glass, and run. Not that bad a place for a rendevous.
He reached down into his pocket, and pulled out his dagger. The lights reflected off of it, making a dazzling effect. Next he bought out his wallet. A bit of cash there, but mostly on his Debit card.
"Have we gotten the date wrong?" Tomas wondered as he made the decision to go and get some food. "Take-away, anyone?"
He returned to Vince shortly with the order, and ate his burger while still scanning the crowd. Surely, one of the Company would walk by soon! Wouldn't they?

luna008

Fantine looked out of the airplane window where she sat beside her partner, Renn. They were flying from their only home in Canada to Hawii. Fantine was more then a little nervous. She was going to a new place and meeting new people, to her it smelled alot more like a trap, but if Renn thought it was safe then she would follow. She just wished she had her chakrams on here, there wasnt enough room for both her and Renn to sit comftably together, so she had to put them in the overhead compartment. Oh well, its not like the screamers would try anything on a plane anyways.

When the plane finally touched down, her first movement was spent on grabbing her weapons and letting Renn out. "Where do you think they are Renn?" She asked softly as they walked into the airport.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
"Not sure Fantine... but I'm hungry from the trip." He said as he sheathed his blade on his back. He always had held his blade and his shield in a style similar to link did from legend of zelda. The blade's handle jutted out from his shoulder. He grabbed his other bags and they walked out. He always made sure to keep his mark concealed underneath a glove. "C'mon! let's move Fantine!"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- New Allies? -~

Click, click, click.

Footsteps echoed through the crowded corridor. Silvery-blue hair hit her shoulders, dancing out of the way of someone; she called back, "I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry!" Her and Razor had landed a few hours ago and decided to do some sight seeing. Turns out it was a bad idea, they were cutting it really close to the wire.

Blue eyes scanned the different faces, searching for the others they'd been waiting for. The quiver of arrows resting on her back, she found Razor in the crowd and saw him spot her. Quickly crossing over to her, Razor frowned and chastised, "There you are Luna, I was getting worried you'd gotten lost! Anyway, come on we've got to get going now."

Luna rolled her eyes and nodded, quickly falling into step beside the silver-haired boy, Luna followed him through the swarm of people. Spotting a couple of other kids, Luna grinned and tugged on Razor's wrist. "I think I see them!" She piped up, before heading closer to the two boys.

"Have we gotten the date wrong?"

Moving closer, the duo hung back as the boy returned with some food. A grin on the girl's face, Luna chimed in, "Hi, are you waiting for someone too?"

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
'Are you with the Runic Company?' Asked Vincent, completely ignoring the newcomers question so he wasn't talking to somebody he didn't have to be.
What should I say if she isn't and asks what the Runic Company is? He thought Then smiled after he had answered his own question.
He stuck out his gloved hand and nodded politely. 'My name is Vincent Gardnal. Me and my partner Tomas are waiting for the rest of the Runic Company, which I can only assume you and your friend are in.'

Where is the rest of the Company? If they don't get here in time we'll have to leave without them. And I would rather we have everyone in the Company attack the Screamers, other than just a few of us.
He pictured what it would look like to rush into a building, then be ripped apart a few seconds later.
The very thought horrified Vince, but he still waited for the newcomer to give him a handshake.

luna008

Fatine searched her bad for her last garnola bar and offered it to Renn. "Here, you need to keep your strength up." She smiled one of her rare smiles at him, then looked around for the others. It was too bad they couldn't hold up a "Runic Co. right here please!" sign or somethig, it would be so much easier to find them that way. But it would also make it way easier for the screamers to find them so it was the old fashion way of looking. Then she spotted some people that looked hopeful. There was four of them, so it could have been two teams, and each team seem to know themselves, but not who they were talking to that well.

"Hey Renn," She said as she gestured to where they stood, "I think thats them."

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn was kinda shocked when Fantine smiled at him...But she tossed a granola bar his way... He unwrapped it and took a bite.

"Hey Renn, I think thats them." Fantine gestured toward a group of four kids.

"Hmm I think your right Fantine... let's go check." He nudged his head toward the group and he soon devoured the whole Granola bar as he walked over to them. He leaned his face in and pulled back out looking at the faces of the kids.

"By any chance are you guys the runic company?"

Light

faster than
Awards
Everyone had showd up so quickly. Two pairs in two minutes flat? Nice.
Tomas knew the drill. He'd wait for Vincent to complete the pleasantries, then Tom would pop in a few words. Then they'd be off. They would get straight onto another plane, and head for Australia.
He offered everyone a quick reassuring smile.
"I'm Tomas. Nice to meet you all," he said as he gave a nod to each member. They were waiting on one more pair. As soon as that pair arrived the Runic Company were to test fate, and to challenge destiny. Tomas could only think about the fame they'd all have if they completed this collosal task.
It truly was the stuff of legends. A very, very small and gifted group of heroes were being sent to take down a whole empire. Perhaps at the end Vince and himself would make a book, listing all of the triumphant tasks that everyone had tackled.
Tomas mentally shook his head. He was too old to think of things in a positive way. First they actually had to do the mighty feat. First they'd have to deal the tremendous blow.
As everyone began to converse, including Tomas, his eyes scanned absently, searching for threats. Not only was he searching for threats, but the last set of Reader & Writer. He stopped his searching. There, walking towards them was the final duo. Tomas made a motion for silence, and nodded his head in the direction of the latecomers.
It was time.

Dark Drive

Awards
Swift could only hear the sirens wailing and the wind as it whipped through her hair. The streets were cold even as there were fires everywhere. She clung to her clothes as another shiver rain down her spine. She heard footsteps and looked up, blinking her amber eyes at the person who disturbed her peace. She gave a feeble smile when Kite sat down beside her.

He grabbed her in a hug. He was freezing and his robe was rather tattered. She hugged him back. "Just stay Calm. Everything will be Ok."

He closed his eyes. He clung tigher to Swift, feeling her heartbeat.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Pictures You Were Looking For -~

Razor silently watched Luna approach them, only a couple of feet behind her. He knew that she could look after herself, and that it wasn't too much of an issue. "Are you with the Runic Company?" Asked the younger boy, completely ignoring Luna's question and drawing Razor's complete attention.

"My name is Vincent Gardnal. Me and my partner Tomas are waiting for the rest of the Runic Company, which I can only assume you and your friend are in." The boy amended, almost like he picked up on Razor's sudden agitation and curiosity.

He watched silently, eying the newcomers as Luna answered, "Aren't they the ones trying to fight the Screamers? My name is Luna Hoshi." He smiled at her careful word choice, neither confirming nor denying they were with the company. His eyes snapped toward two more people wandering closer, motioning for Luna to quiet down.

"By any chance are you guys the runic company?"

Stepping closer to Luna, Razor listened while Luna asked, "Maybe we are, and maybe we're not. Are you with them?" Softening the harshness of her answer with a smile, Razor waited silently for the others responses. His eyes found the same thing Tomas did, another pair of people moving closer; possibly someone else on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back