• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Readers and Writers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Readersand Writers

A Bonechill and LightandDark Collaboration

Five years ago

“We will make the world pay,” Said a man clad in black clothing. “The world must pay for what they have done to our kind. We have been ridiculed because of our Powers, exiled from any city we have entered, and even hunted for what we are.” The man took a deep breath before he continued.“Gentlemen, it is time we take the world for ourselves! We are the Screamers!” He was met with a large applause from his fellow comrades.

_ _ _ _ _

Picture the Earth how it is this very day, now add a touch of magic and fantasy elements and you have Hreat, the mystical planet that is held in another universe. Hreat was a peaceful planet, but five years ago a group of terrorists called the Screamers attacked from their underground city and took over each continent quickly, taking everyone by surprise. Sure we could have fought back, but the Screamers bended the Shadows to their will with their words, taking down Readers and Writers quickly before they could react. Now the Screamers have grown in number, thousands of soldiers are ready to kill anything with their powers. The Screamers were more powerful than we had thought, all they had to do was say one word and Shadows would lash out from them

What are the Readers and Writers, you ask? Why, they’re only humans. Oh, that’s not what you meant, was it? Readers and Writers are humans that have a unique gene, allowing them to create invisible Runes that only they can see and use them in combat, but only Readers can use the Runes, Writers on the other hand create these Runes from their overall performance while in combat, the more effort they put in the more Runes are produced. Readers and Writers flow together in combat as if they had an unnatural connection to each other, with the Writers taking up their weapons and charging head first into combat and clash with their foes, while the Readers use the Runes created and cast Magic to either assist their partner or to assault their enemies. Writers usually carry one or two weapons with them to deal out damage or tap their unique symbol located somewhere on their body to unleash their ultimate attack, however that is only used when a Writer is in a bad situation, while Readers usually have one small weapon with them or the uncommon two. Readers and Writers usually meet each other when at a young age, feeling a strange connection to one another, from then on they are partners, they don’t have to be together all the time, but the longer they are the better they know each other and possibly read each other’s thoughts. The runes sent off by the Writers are all elemental, so the outcome depends on the speed that the readers can read the Runes.

Now only one country remains that isn’t completely controlled by the Screamers, that country is America. With its large amount of land the Screamers have captured several states, leaving only Texas, New York and Washington left under the control of us. But now a company of Readers and Writers are going to take the world back, leaving America last so that they can lead an army against the remaining terrorists. This company is basically the only hope left for Hreat; the company is the Runic Company. Their journey will start in New York City, and then they will quickly fly to Australia and capture Sydney, which is the Screamers main base of operations in Australia, then the Screamers should evacuate to different countries. If the Readers and Writers make it that far they will have the other countries to return to what they once were, we can only hope they succeed.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Element List

· Light ( A shining burst of light, intimadating that of a star.)

· Fire (Flickering flames, which flash with life-like similarity)

· Earth (A mountain, rising high into the skies)

· Water (A giant wave of water, ready to crash upon the world)

· Air (Winds, twirling a strange pattern, forming something akin to a tornado)

· Ice (Icebergs, floating amongst a sea)

· Nature (A tall tree, surpassing the height of its neighbouring trees)

· Psychic (A human head, with a brain exposed inside)

· Lightning (A thundercloud, with a magnificent lightning bolt streaking below the crowd)

· Speed (An arrow speeding through the air)

· Strength (An arm, with bulging muscle sticking in the air)

· Defence (A large shield)

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
The Writer-

Name- Well, out with it! What is your name?

Age- No younger than thirteen, the young ones aren’t fit for this journey.

Gender- It’s simple as beating an Apprentice Screamer

Personality- Will I like you?

Appearance- Hmm, what are you wearing?

Weapons- Well, you won’t last long if you don’t have anything!

Symbol- Where is your unique symbol? I guess it’s on one of your limbs, since a lot of you’re kind have them there. Or is it somewhere else?

Biography- Hello, where do you come from? Are your parents dead? Have you almost been killed? How did you meet your Reader? I honestly don’t know, so I ask questions.

The Reader-

Name- Come on now, tell me!

Age- Please, if you’re under thirteen turn back now

Gender- Do I need to tell you what it is?

Personality- Will I like you or not?

Appearance- Please, if you look like Hitler I’ll punch you square in the face.

Weapon- Well, what else will you defend yourself with? No, I’m not letting you get two without permission

Reading- The slower your ead the more powerful your spells, so what speed do you read? Medium? Fast? Or slow? This does not matter about the runes your Writer sends off, since they are Elemental.

Biography- Well, when did you meet your Writer? Did your parents die? What happened when the Screamers attacked? I don’t know, I can’t answer it for you!

The Screamer-

Name- You’re not joining our side without a name

Age- Kid, if you’re under thirteen I’ll kill you where you stand for wasting my time

Gender- I think it’s an easy question

Personality- You better not go running around helping those Readers and Writers

Appearance- We don’t have a uniform.

Words- *you get three of them to start, and then as we go on you can learn more. One has to be strategic or a trap, the other a more physical and the last as a ranged.* What Words do you use?

Weapons- *you get two* You can’t always rely on talking

Biography- Well, why did you come here to join the Screamers? Or have you been with us for a while?

The Rules

· Swearing is allowed, but please do not go nuts

· Limit to three characters for the start, thankyou

· Powerplaying is a no

· Same goes for God moding

· Light and I have the last say on everything

· Sub plots are allowed, but don’t go too far away from the main story

· Screamers are strong and so are Readers and Writers, so this could only mean epic encounters.

· People who are on the Screamers side, you need to be smart about how you use your sentences when using Words, if they don’t make sense then Light or myself will ask you to edit.

· Have fun with this.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Not even a single comment? Tis a shame it is. I thought this sounded really good. Oh wells. Back to the drawing, urhm, writing board.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Well, I don't know. It sounds pretty good, and I love Apocalypse, Bone. Just gonna have to see if I can manage one more RP. If I can, I'll see about getting Dream on this too. *wanders off to discuss with Dream* It just seems too good to pass up on...

Dark Drive

Awards
-Writer-

Name- Swift

Age- 16

Gender- Girl

Personality- Kind, welcoming, Kinda motherly a bit, but she is stubborn, rash and a bit.....rough on the edges. She's Brilliant sometimes, with her well rounded knowledge, and can go over a bit. She is slightly mad.

Appearance- Golden-brown hair, amber eyes...... and her clothe style is usually nice, soft t-shirt and long pants with a mage-style robe on top- but the robe is short. Her shoulders, lower legs and her throat are covered with Steel armor. It's 50-50, kinda.

Weapons- a sword with a fairly large blade width. It has a small Opal in the hilt.

Symbol- Left Wrist.

Biography- She is an Orphan, and has been left along the streets for years- keeping all the other lowtowner's in check. All she knows is that she was left with the previous leader of the Orphans, Cedar. She learnt Runes quickly and caught on due to her local library's hospitality. She met Kite (i'll get his form done soon, i just want to see if this one is ok.)), her Reader, when she was 2.

((May I ask, of all places, why did you choose Sydney for the Screamer's Base? We're not THAT special. or evil.))

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Woah first template. and not a bad one too. Well, I assume Bone chose Sydney due to the fact it probably the best city of Australia, and because Bone and I both live here in Australia.
Well, I approve the template. Since this has now got one template, I better finish mine too. FYI, I'm a Reader.

Dark Drive

Awards
Fair Enough! ^^

If I was going by WCRPG Terms..... this is a Semi-advanced RP. Most normal RPers have atrocious Grammar. I'm always correcting everyone. Oh, if Only I was a Mod. XD

Light

faster than
Awards
Oh trust me, Bone and I hate bad grammar. We may not be perfect ourselves, but we have a few problems with those who cannot use grammar correctly. Everyone from 2011 would remember Roaringflames. He got better towards the end, but... not the greatest grammar ever. To say the least.

Dark Drive

Awards
Yes. Then there's the newbies who text talk.

"r u k?" doesn't cut it anymore. it should be "Are you Ok, old chap?"

Dark Drive

Awards
Sadly, not everyone does.

I have Minions here and there, slaves too, then I have my Arch-enemies, also known as 8JO, The class I once was a part of. (I have a very good reason to move.), and then There's just people who I downright hate and or Dislike.

I'm just a girl with ideas. Some of them are evil, but WHO CARES?

Light

faster than
Awards
Name: Tomas Yarnason

Personality: Tomas is one who has an air of confidence. When he is around, people seem to become braver, and undertake tasks that they would usually not. He is unwavering towards his task and will not give in until the job is done. He is one whose motto would probably be ‘give 110%’.

He is ruthless in his hunt for completion, and expects nothing but the best from his troops, but he will not throw their souls away willy-nilly. He calculates his enemies to the best of his ability, and he will relentlessly break down his opponent until they crumble before his onslaught.

Appearance: A smiling face is normally placed upon him. Mixed with his kind, twinkling, brown eyes, this makes for a comforting image that one can learn to trust very quickly. He wears a mop of blonde hair which is streaked by some brown. His skin is lightly tanned, created by his constant exposure to the light that he forges from his reading. He wears a red T-shirt with a white rim around his neck. About this he wears a leather jacket, with material jutting about from the bottom. He wears Denim jeans, blue in shade, that cover all the way to his feet. On his feet he wears bright red shoes, high-tops, which make a rather strange image for one whom is hunted constantly by the Screamers.

Weapon: A small silver dagger, studded with a ruby upon the hilt of the weapon. It is made of a rare material which allows him to channel his power through it as well.

Reading: Tomas generally reads rather slowly, maximising the amount of power put into his gift. This results in massive bursts of energy and power, ones that cause catastrophe upon his foes. The results depend on what he is imagining at the time he is reading, but usually these instants create mass destruction.

Biography:
His parents had been divorced since he was three, and he'd been brought up not to believe in the folly that his father called 'love' and to focus on the hardships of life, such as being a genius. His father's business had been one tightly related to computers. Tomas couldn't forget the name, and where-ever he went, no-one could simply not know him. The name was Y-tech, a simple name, with lots of money behind it. Tomas always had been a confident child. When everyone else had been worried about going to school, he'd laughed, and went with a huge grin on his face. It may've helped that he'd already learnt to read by the time he went, and that he'd known the basics of writing, but one does not find themselves overly-confident once thrust into a world that they hardly know about. Maybe his education was pushed forward by the fact that his father was a multi-billionaire. Sevenenth billion to be exact. His father, Jason, had been trying to get him prepared for the life that he could see coming. You see, Jason had developed a program that foretold the rise of the Screamers. It had also foretold that an elite squad of Readers & Writers were to rise and challenge these monsters.

During and before he’d been sent to school,Tomas was thoroughly taught how to read. He went through several books a day by the time he was 15. He understood many, many languages, and also could write adequatel yas well. His father fell in an attack which was originally planned to eliminate Tomas. Since then, Tomas has inherited all that was his father’s. And that was how he stayed hidden all this time. His father’s connections kept him under the radar, and he managed to keep on high profile with what was happening in the Reading/Writing world. That was how he’d found Vince. Vince had been surrounded, engulfed in a wide pool of Screamers, whence Tomas had struck upon luck and managed to find him. He had held the current rune he possessed in his hand. The rune was one of Light, and Tomas doubted that it possessed a subtle power.

He’d leapt off the building he’d been on, Reading as he did so, and landed upon the ground. He’d activated his Rune, blinding all of the Screamers, and vaporising a few too. It was in this confusion that Tomas had slashed through the malevolent Screamers, aided by Vince.

Tomas became entrapped in Vince’s mind. It was truly a beautiful thing. The way that they strategized seemed to lock into each other’s plans, creating something that they’d never seen before. It was with Tomas’ money that they’d all been able to meet. Now they were to return to Australia. Right where the prophecy had gone down. Tomas was ready.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Well, I thought that the reason you couldn't do this before was that you had current roleplays happening. And now I'd assume that, considering how long rps last, those would mostly be over.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Yep, give me a day or two to get my Writer template working.
Light, I would gladly be your partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back