• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reaction Commands In Future Titles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone whink that RC's will make a return in future installments, KH3 in particular? Is anyone actually wanting this to happen?
Personally I liked them, but more of their concept than their execution. I will agree with many of you that they did make a lot of battles to easy, or a case of waiting for the opponent to use a move that was susseptible to madly mashing triangle (ie. Dodge a Round Body until it uses that slide across the floor move, then mash triangle to take off massive damage)

I liked them because I felt that KH2 allowed for more interaction with each of your enemies apart from simply mashing x until they explode. You had unique little flurries that could be pulled off for certain enemies, or cool little animations like up rooting those flower heartless, as opposed to the aforementioned X fest from KH1/days (not that I didn't like KH1's gameplay, but in comparison I far prefer KH2) and I really felt it was more of a bbenefit to the gamplay and overall experience than a detriment.
If RC's were to return I would like them to have actual penalty's for pressing to early, Xemnas's battle is a perfect example of this, where pressing one of the earliest two commands will lead to a less favourable result as oppossed to waiting until the third. This idea could be implemented in the Round Body case for example, where pressing the command for Block, only when the round body is about to hit you would lead you to successfully stopping its charge, while pressing any earlier would lead to you being bowled over and damaged.

So yeah theres my thoughts, any comments?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The only RC I liked in KH II was Cyclone if I remember the name right - when the soldiers did their kick.
BBS and ReCoded did a great job using them though (But I really hate the end of Vens last battle against Vanitas)

Maxyli138

I wouldn't mind reaction commands coming back as long as they're not too strong.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As long as I can pluck shadows out of the ground finally.

Nate

Yes, they were awesome. But let's not make them too strong again.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
BBS and ReCoded did a great job using them though (But I really hate the end of Vens last battle against Vanitas)
Where were the RC's in these two games though? The only thing that I can recall that comes close to being a reaction command in either of these games is near the end of Re:Coded with the golden Kingdom Key.

I also forgot to mention that I think their exclusion from these latest titles, (BBS specifically, I don't think they really belong in the handheld, less powerful consoles ie daysand Re:Coded) could be because of a lack of buttons. Obviously triangle has been replaced by Deck Commands in these two games, so if commands and RC's were to appear in future titles simultaneously, RC's might end up being R2+L2 or something, as I think deck commands are pretty functional where they are right now.

Dclone

I'm fine with new Reaction Commands as long as they don't dominate battles or are the only means of winning a boss battle (I'm looking at you Vanitas). I'd also like it if boss battle related commands are limited to only a few, if they're even featured in it at all. I was a bit disapointed with the Hydra battle and the fact that a few Reaction Commands were necessary to progress in the battle.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If they're done properly, then by all means. And by done properly, I don't mean all of those overabundant flashy overpowered commands in KH2. Something more along the lines of Dual Limit or that choking thing MX did, even Last Word, which I thought was pretty neat.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Where were the RC's in these two games though? The only thing that I can recall that comes close to being a reaction command in either of these games is near the end of Re:Coded with the golden Kingdom Key.

There were a few of them in BbS. The ones I remember are:
- Freeing Terra from the spinning wheel Unversed's string
- Forcing Master Xehanort off of Terra before he blasts you if he takes Terra to the ground
- Riding Lucifer as Ven
- The final conflict with Vanitas when he had 1HP left
- Making Prince Philip throw Aqua into the air to either destroy ledges so you can get up on them, or smack Maleficent down in her dragon form
- Throwing Stitch at Gantu as Aqua
- Freeing Aqua from Terranort's Guardian if he grabbed her
- Joining forces with Terra as Aqua to do massive damage to Terranort

There's still quite a few of them, but they're not quite as memorable as the KH2 versions (especially because some of the Deck Commands are so awesome in comparison).

On the other hand, I didn't even remember there being any in Re:Coded. XD;

I kind of hope they bring back the really awesome, over-the-top KH2 Reaction Commands as finishing moves in the future -- like, instead of having to finish a combo to beat the boss, you have to do the Reaction Command to see Sora take the boss down.

SoraKing3

Banned
I love Reaction Commands, just because they made KH2 easier for me (I am a lazy gamer). I would be happy if KH3 had Reaction Commands incorporated into it's battle system.

Maybe if the reaction commands of Kingdom Hearts were more like God of War's, then I would not have much of a problem. As of the moment, they're just flashy and way too powerful.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Honestly, just get rid of them. Most games hardly get reaction commands right and KH2's was an abysmal example of what you shouldn't be doing with them.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I kind of hope they bring back the really awesome, over-the-top KH2 Reaction Commands as finishing moves in the future -- like, instead of having to finish a combo to beat the boss, you have to do the Reaction Command to see Sora take the boss down.

This^^^^ is what I did for every fight in KH2 that had a Reaction Command, I tried to be patient enough for the moment when the Reaction Commands would pop up, and then defeat the bosses using them....it was awesome.

Ya if they do that for Reaction Commands, than I am all for it being the way to kill bosses, just to make it more intense.

SIDE NOTE:::
I found it a little ridiculous that Sora would slash through skyscapers in that final fight.

As long as the actions aren't ridiculous and look epic, than I am all for them. (They also need to downgrade the power on those things.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back