• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re-Write: New Genesis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
A Nebula Zero and D2L Collaboration-

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

And I watched. We all did. It was only now that I realized what it meant. The air was clearer. I have never seen the sky in such a manner. We were given a chance, something we thought we could only get when we died. I wasn’t planning on wasting it, either. A simple intention, a thought streaming out into this single moment...

Genesis. The beginning from the end.

Okay, so that intro is ‘in media res’, meaning that intro is basically the end. So we’re gonna play this out from the beginning to see how it came to be like this. So an accident occurs due to ‘conflict of interests’. The government creates a machine capable of re-creating the fifth and sixth elements, unknown anomalies used as a new type of universal energy, thanks to ‘the genius’. But before they ‘clean his slate’, he unleashes the energy himself in his retaliation, creating a massive chain reaction. The energies that is unleashed reach out to certain cities and strike random people, giving them abilities. Together, these people make up the fifth and sixth elements that were released, and we know what happened last time these two mixed. Aware of this, the government sends out his best, which he calls ‘Cleaners’, given the task to find these people and contain them, by any means necessary. Meanwhile, these people are chased by the Cleaners AND the FBI and NSA, agencies aware of these people, but unaware of what lies underneath. So, abnormal abilities, government, conspiracies, culminating to a series of events that were deemed inevitable from the start. Sounds like a field day.

So you can be a Differential, people with abilities, Cleaners, assigned to track them down, or you can be others(FBI and NSA agents are included into this category.) There is a limited set of spots. First come first serve, get them before they’re gone.

Also, I will play the minor(ish) role of the Government, giving the Cleaners their assignments.

Differentials
The Genius-D2L
The Slacker-Nebula Zero
The Lover: Amor Pizzaro - Chariot of Fire
-

Note: No overly-powered abilities. And using your ability can be quite taxing depending on how you use it. So try to keep that in mind.

Cleaners
-
-
-
-

Note: Cleaners can have 'jolters', a rod which can absorb ambient static electricity and re-create bolts of lightning. Although they are not as strong as normal lightning, they can stun a normal human, and if enough energy is gathered, burn them. This can be one of many tools they can possess to use on their mission.

Others
-
-
-

A basic template is sufficient, and creativity is always welcome.

There will be main cities in which the story takes place. Your character can be in any of these locations. Now I don’t want the majority of characters in one area, so try to pick a location and go from there.

Tokyo, Japan
Toronto, Ontario
Rome, Italy
New York, NY(important location later on)
Washington, DC(another important location)
Mexico City, Mexico
Hong Kong, China
Moscow, Russia
Cairo, Egypt

R U L E S

1. No God-Modding or Power-Playing unless necessary for some reason (pm me for questions)
2. Be Literate, and no one-lining.
3. I don't expect three pages of brilliance, but I also don't expect two lines of shame.
4. Keep it PG-13.
5. If you have read and comply with these rules, state the reason why the Differentials are being chased by the government in your top and bottom of your post.
6.If you read that last rule, then note that your first post is technically here, where you sign up and get your spot.
7. RON PAUL yeah. I mean, have fun, this RP is made for that.
8. Oh, and commitment is involved, so try to be active.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
The Differentials are being chased by the Cleaners because they have powers which were given to them by the fifth and sixth element. Something bad happened last time the fifth and sixth elements were mixed and the Cleaners plan on stopping it.

I'll be the Differential known as The Fighter. Couldn't think of anything else.

The Differentials are being chased by the Cleaners because they have powers which were given to them by the fifth and sixth element. Something bad happened last time the fifth and sixth elements were mixed and the Cleaners plan on stopping it.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
The Genius and the Slacker are just character titles: Your character can have a real name, you know :/

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
May I?

The Differentials are people given power by their contact with the fifth and sixth elements. If they come into contact with each other though, it would be disastrous, so the Cleaners are chasing them in hopes of containing them.

Name
Amor Pizzaro

Title
The Lover

Type
Differential

Appearance
Amor is very simple looking. His facial features are primarily American, with a bit of Italian glory thrown into the mix. He is tall, standing at about six feet, with a head of black, curly hair. His eyes are as blue as the oceans themselves. His body is muscular to be certain, the result of constant physical activity since the day of his birth. His lips are usually curved upward in a light smile, a reminiscent reminder of some ancient happy time. He is usually decked in plain blue jeans, a pitch black t-shirt, and a pair of good, old-fashioned hiking boots. On days when it gets cold, he throws on a tight fitting wind-breaker, which further shows off his physique. He is an attractive man to be sure, but it is his walk, his slight innocent step that causes me to be attracted to him...

Personality
Amor is a simple man. He does his job, he does it well, he gets paid for his job. He enjoys being alone, which is somewhat combated by the ability that the strange energies have granted him. He enjoys sitting out in the emptiness of the great fields of his homeland, and simply playing music, either on his own guitar, or listening to it on his iPod... He is honest and loyal, taking whatever task he was given in stride. He doesn't have much social skill however, and has great trouble making 'smalltalk,' cracking jokes, are taking things lightly.

Power
The strange energy that came into contact with Amor granted him an ability that he has little control over. Amor now possesses unreasonably high levels of innate charisma, which manifests themselves into a manipulation of other peoples emotions toward him and others nearby. This most notably results in anyone that is nearby him instantly having a liking for him. He is capable of getting away with many things, persuading people to do favors, among several other things.

While this occurs naturally, if Amor focuses more, he can manipulate with greater focus, the emotions and senses concerning happiness, pleasure, and love. This manifests itself in his subconscious for the most part. For example, if he were to really need an extra buck in order to purchase some new clothes, he might subconsciously cause his employer to pay him the extra. If he saw a beautiful girl on the street, and was subconsciously wanting to ask her out, the girl might feel a sudden attraction for him. This inner want usually starts first, before Amor concentrates and uses it with more control.

History
Amor is a shepherd in the fields of Rome, Italy. It seems like he was one of the constants on the face of Rome. He simply had been there, since he was a small boy. The keeper of the Solberry Inn, on the outskirts of Rome, says only that Amor showed up at his doorstep one day, asking for work. And working is what he's been doing...

On the outskirts of the formerly great city, he tends his flock, bringing them up to the pastures of the mountains before bringing them back safely below. He was paid poorly, he was treated poorly, and he lived poorly. But he was happy. And he was content.

Then one day, the energy shot forth... It came like a lion from the mountains, like a wave of the purest waters toward him, and he let out a scream as it enveloped him and his flock... He felt a strange tingling in his belly as the energy left him, and his heart thumped dangerously in his chest... What was happening? Even the sheep seemed dumbstruck, for they simply gazed up at him lovingly instead of stupidly running around like they usually did...

He had only begun to discover what was ahead...

----

The Differentials are people given power by their contact with the fifth and sixth elements. If they come into contact with each other though, it would be disastrous, so the Cleaners are chasing them in hopes of containing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back