• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: The mystery of Larxene somebody

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelyex

Re: The mystery of Larxene somebody

well Master Spockhanort told me to create a new thread to talk about this, because the other was from 3 years ago, so i am here, I think everyone that Larxene is formely, Elena from ffvii, they have the same name the same hair color and hair shape(just take of those antenaes that larxene have in her hair and boom, elena) so this is it, i am New here so if i do wrong things please, be pacient with me ok? tanx if you know anything just reply and we see more because the mystery of the nobodies and somebodies of the organization xiii is yet to be reavealed.... i mean the nobodies that the people did not Discovered who they where, Their Somebodies and all..... ya'know '-'

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Re: The mystery of larxene somebody

That's possible, but the r in Elena seems to be missing. It could be possible. I've always preferred Larxene's name being Relena, but I have seen Arlene as an alternative. Along with many others, to say the least.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, bud.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

It could also simply be that Larxene and her Somebody might only be based on Elena and not Elena herself.

We also have Axel, who despite his resemblance to Reno isn't that person. That they are two different individuals had been confirmed by Nomura himself, who stated that he introduced Axel in the game because he wanted to see similar characters in different situations. It is because of this that I don't think Larxene's Somebody is Elena.

This is the quote that I was referring to:

Famitsu Nomura interview said:
Axel and Reno from “FF7 Advent Children” have the same seiyuu, and even almost the same appearance and image. Did you intend that?

To me, Axel is an existence close to Reno, created in the same concept, but they are different people. Those two are different people but subconsciously alike. I wanted to see how it would be to have completely different characters that are really similar to each other but hold different kind of roles in different worlds.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

It could also simply be that Larxene and her Somebody might only be based on Elena and not Elena herself.

We also have Axel, who despite his resemblance to Reno isn't that person. That they are two different individuals had been confirmed by Nomura himself, who stated that he introduced Axel in the game because he wanted to see similar characters in different situations. It is because of this that I don't think Larxene's Somebody is Elena.

This is the quote that I was referring to:

This is what I'm thinking, that Larxene, and by extension her Somebody, isn't strickly Elena, but like Axel is an expy of another FFVII character. With that said, no, I don't think Elena is Larxene's Somebody, but she probably is based off of her.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

well Master Spockhanort told me to create a new thread to talk about this, because the other was from 3 years ago, so i am here, I think everyone that Larxene is formely, Elena from ffvii, they have the same name the same hair color and hair shape(just take of those antenaes that larxene have in her hair and boom, elena) so this is it, i am New here so if i do wrong things please, be pacient with me ok? tanx if you know anything just reply and we see more because the mystery of the nobodies and somebodies of the organization xiii is yet to be reavealed.... i mean the nobodies that the people did not Discovered who they where, Their Somebodies and all..... ya'know '-'

I myself posted something on there as well until I was told that the thread was too old. That being said, my original post still stands and seems to parrot what several on here have already said, so without further ado:

kuraudoVII said:
Its certainly not impossible. That being said, I get the feeling that if she is similar to Elena, its more likely going to be similar to Axel/Lea and Reno.

The main reason I mentioned this is that in addition to the Axel/Lea and Reno scenario, it should be noted that the Turks have neither made an appearance nor even been mentioned. With that in mind, I feel that the chances of Larxene's Somebody being Elena are fairly slim.

blksabbath74

I myself posted something on there as well until I was told that the thread was too old. That being said, my original post still stands and seems to parrot what several on here have already said, so without further ado:

The main reason I mentioned this is that in addition to the Axel/Lea and Reno scenario, it should be noted that the Turks have neither made an appearance nor even been mentioned. With that in mind, I feel that the chances of Larxene's Somebody being Elena are fairly slim.

The Turks were some bad mofos back in the day...

I partied one time with a group of girls at a Con who all cosplayed various members of Shinra Corp and took that to a whole new level. I had played FF7 back in the day, but was more or less unware of its continuing popularity in Anime circles until then, when they pointed out that I had inavertantly sold them an anatomically correct male chocobo plushy.

Very cool time. We also ended up partying with Felix Sila, who played, among other things, Twiki on Buck Rogers.

Very surreal weekend for sure. Good times!

Axelyex

I partied one time with a group of girls at a Con who all cosplayed various members of Shinra Corp and took that to a whole new level. I had played FF7 back in the day, but was more or less unware of its continuing popularity in Anime circles until then, when they pointed out that I had inavertantly sold them an anatomically correct male chocobo plushy.

Very cool time. We also ended up partying with Felix Sila, who played, among other things, Twiki on Buck Rogers.

Hahahaha that was a lucky day for you :) heheh i realy wanted to have a weekend like that, That would be awesome! heh ahh
soo, anyway, does any one of you members know anything? that was a clue that i metioned in the First Reply, i just think it MIGHT be her, and solosis you might be right with those points.... anyway if anyone knows more please be glad to share your Knowings and all, i realy want and other too realy want to know the mystery of her past, anything will give us a clue so thats it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We don't have any information about Larxene, so I think that's about as much as we can give. Popular theory back in the day was that Larxene's true name was Elenar, which is the name of some Lightning/Thunder Goddess or something.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

I wish I could have been there. Of course, I'd probably would have still been a kid back then...

We don't have any information about Larxene, so I think that's about as much as we can give. Popular theory back in the day was that Larxene's true name was Elenar, which is the name of some Lightning/Thunder Goddess or something.

That sounds oddly familiar. I think I might have heard about that somewhere online, but I can't remember where. I'm not sure whether it comes from Celtic or Norse mythology, though I could very easily be wrong.

blksabbath74

I wish I could have been there. Of course, I'd probably would have still been a kid back then...

Thanks for making me feel old. It was actually only maybe 6-7 years ago, before I had kids. I would go to cons with a friend of mine who ran an anime booth at cons (Gaijen USA) and help him sell stuff. It was alot of fun. That was in Chatanooga, at a Con based at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Great venu, IMO.

I was actually into sci-fi and comics, but came more from a pen and paper RPG background. I didn't know much about anime beyond Ghost in the Shell (still don't, to be honest) and had never experienced cosplay, so it was an eye opener.

It was actually the first time I saw a keyblade, as I saw a teen and his younger brother cosplaying Squall (Leon) and Sora, and I was like, that's pretty cool.

Being dealers, we got invited to all the parties, hooked up with Felix from the celeb tables and the Shinra crew and just debauched it.

I had to stop doing those after I had kids though. I DO take them to some local one-days. My friend expanded to running his own anime cons SukoshiCon throughout the southeast, so I take them to those, and let them dress up. I'm the square in the Hawaiian shirt and the ballcap.

Can't wait til the kids get older and we can do more things like that.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The funny thing is that a quick Google search didn't return anything about Elenar being a lightning or thunder deity anywhere. Probably it's just speculation, or merely a tenuous thread drawn in an attempt to connect Elena of the Turks with Larxene?

If it interests any of you, though, the name Elena seems to have come from the Greek, which has a meaning of "torch" (sometimes interpreted as "light").

blksabbath74

Hahahaha that was a lucky day for you :) heheh i realy wanted to have a weekend like that, That would be awesome! heh ahh

Well, you're 14 right? Wait about 7 years...you'll be right in the middle of it...

I actually envy you guys quite a bit. Things were drastically different when I was younger...there was no sort of scene like there is now. I DO miss the proliferation fo tabletop gaming in the 80s/90s. But we had very little internet, no real way to connect with people of similar interests.

Heck, I can remember my dad bringing home our first video game system (Atari) and home computer (Texas Instruments) and first cable box.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Thanks for making me feel old. It was actually only maybe 6-7 years ago, before I had kids. I would go to cons with a friend of mine who ran an anime booth at cons (Gaijen USA) and help him sell stuff. It was alot of fun. That was in Chatanooga, at a Con based at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Great venu, IMO.

I was actually into sci-fi and comics, but came more from a pen and paper RPG background. I didn't know much about anime beyond Ghost in the Shell (still don't, to be honest) and had never experienced cosplay, so it was an eye opener.

It was actually the first time I saw a keyblade, as I saw a teen and his younger brother cosplaying Squall (Leon) and Sora, and I was like, that's pretty cool.

Being dealers, we got invited to all the parties, hooked up with Felix from the celeb tables and the Shinra crew and just debauched it.

I had to stop doing those after I had kids though. I DO take them to some local one-days. My friend expanded to running his own anime cons SukoshiCon throughout the southeast, so I take them to those, and let them dress up. I'm the square in the Hawaiian shirt and the ballcap.

Can't wait til the kids get older and we can do more things like that.

Oh, only seven years ago then. In that case, I'd have been about 15-16. Still couldn't drive though...

Solosis said:
The funny thing is that a quick Google search didn't return anything about Elenar being a lightning or thunder deity anywhere. Probably it's just speculation, or merely a tenuous thread drawn in an attempt to connect Elena of the Turks with Larxene?

If it interests any of you, though, the name Elena seems to have come from the Greek, which has a meaning of "torch" (sometimes interpreted as "light").

Huh. In hindsight, I guess I should have figured since most names like tend to come from Greek or Latin. Now I'm trying to remember where I heard that Elena was connected to thunder...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Since no one seems to be interested in Larxene's somebody anymore, I guess we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back