• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: CoM - Sleights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

Well, I've played CoM before, but this is my first time playing Re: CoM, and it's definitely different (never died against Larxene in CoM, but I did here).
ANYWAY. My question is: are sleights worth it? Or, to be more precise, is Sonic Blade worth it?
You see, I'll be fighting Vexen soon, and the guide I'm using claims that this fight (and the fourth fight with Repliku) are impossible without Sonic Blade, and I want to know if that's true. If it IS true, how do I obtain Sonic Blade?
Thanks in advance. =)

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com

Yes sleights are worth it, and Sonic Blade is EXTREAMLY handy to have in a pinch.

If you're playing Re:COM in Sora's story, which sounds like you are, I would highly suggest that you get them when you are able to. Because, if you are like me, you will be spamming those frickin' things like crazy when you're low on hitpoints. And in Vexen's battle you'll really have to be dependant on sleights and zero cards, since...if I remember correctly...he tends to break your cards often and when he doesn't, his shield can do some heavy damage.

So yes, I would highly suggest you work your way to getting Sonic Blade and different sleights. :)

And oh? How do you get Sonic Blade. Hm, let me see here---

You can get the Sonic Blade sleight when you are level 27/28 I believe. That is if you've been getting every sleight up to this level, of course.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

Alright. ^^ How do I go about getting Sonic Blade?
I'm surprised they're so...needed in this game. They were useless to me in the GBA version. XD I could easily beat that game without using a single leveled up sleight (mostly used Shock Impact, Fire Raid, Blizzard Raid, Thunder Raid, and Reflect Raid, which is also what I'm using now, in Re: CoM).

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com

Alright. ^^ How do I go about getting Sonic Blade?
I'm surprised they're so...needed in this game. They were useless to me in the GBA version. XD I could easily beat that game without using a single leveled up sleight (mostly used Shock Impact, Fire Raid, Blizzard Raid, Thunder Raid, and Reflect Raid, which is also what I'm using now, in Re: CoM).

I re-edited my post with info about Sonic Blade. :) Sorry, I only saw you asking *how* after I sent my post.

s1butz

And yes, they are extreamly needed, but I can't say about the Gameboy verison of the game, because I never actually finished it. XD I got stuck with Riku Replica on Destiny Islands, and just gave up for over four years. I picked it up the other day...STILL STUCK. So the cartridge of the game is still sitting on my printer...staring...at...me...taunting me...it's awful...

>____O;;;;

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

Well, crap. o.o Looks like I've got some levelling up to do, if I want to get that sleight.
Thanks so much for the help! ^_^

Yeah, Repliku in the GBA version is a tough one. :/ It's been a while since I played that game, so I can't remember what exactly I did to defeat him.

NumberVIII

Oh my god, Sonic Blade saved my ass on multiple occasions. I literally lined up like 8 of them and just spammed it, reloaded, spammed it some more, used elixer or hi-potion to get them back, spammed it some more. However, I somehow did not find out about them until AFTER Vexen kicked my ass to infinity and beyond, so somehow I managed to beat him (twice) without them, but I don't know if I ever could've done some of the later battles without it. x_x

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

So is Sonic Blade to Vexen and Repliku what Ars Arcanum was to Rikunort in KH1? Cause I spammed that sucker to high heavens when I battled him. XD

Gram

Banned
Awards

the sleights were good, but i never actually used them except the first times just to c it.

i basically go without sleights teh whole sora story, u can beat even proud with a deck of nothing but attack cards 7-9, 4 0 cards, and 3-4 heal cards.

Sharikka

Like everyone else is saying, Sonic Blade is very worth it. At least to me.

The reason I really liked Sonic Blade in the first place was because I was all "OOh, Cloud's move? Hell, I'm using this!"

Jakek9

Personally, I am also playing through Re:Com for the first time and have found myslef using raids alot. Sonic blade is good and all, but i plan on beating the game without. I'm already at the first Marluxia so...XD

It is worth it. I didn't care to upgrade to it, because I'm not a huge sleight user.

Raids are worth it on bosses.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Sleights are worth it. In the beginning, I couldn't get past Larxene either. So, in the end, I had to go back and reconstruct my entire deck. Once I was done, I had like ten sleights in there. After one battle with Larxene, I defeated her. I actually thought she was easy, even after I died like six times trying to beat her.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

Well, I beat Vexen both times today, without the use Sonic Blade. I finally did get Sonic Blade, and built an entire deck around it, like the guide I'm using suggested. But I found that Sonic Blade doesn't do much damage and dwindles down my stack of cards too much. Instead, I used Fire Raids and just beat the crap out of him. XD I even beat Repliku on my second try with just raids at my disposel.
Right now, I'm at the last world (Castle Oblivion) and the only sleight I'm using is Judgement x3. I doubt I'll be using Sonic Blade again.
Still, at least the training I did to get Sonic Blade paid off. I'm at a higher level than I probably normally would have been (67).
Well, off to face the pink guy.

NumberVIII

I think the thing I found most useful about Sonic Blade was that it couldn't be interrupted, so you could just slam them 7 times without being stopped or hurt yourself.

Indrid_Cold

They're wort it if you can do reaction command well. Plus, they're pretty nifty looking.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

Well, I beat Vexen both times today, without the use Sonic Blade. I finally did get Sonic Blade, and built an entire deck around it, like the guide I'm using suggested. But I found that Sonic Blade doesn't do much damage and dwindles down my stack of cards too much. Instead, I used Fire Raids and just beat the crap out of him. XD I even beat Repliku on my second try with just raids at my disposel.
Right now, I'm at the last world (Castle Oblivion) and the only sleight I'm using is Judgement x3. I doubt I'll be using Sonic Blade again.
Still, at least the training I did to get Sonic Blade paid off. I'm at a higher level than I probably normally would have been (67).
Well, off to face the pink guy.

He's a disappointing final boss tbh ..

And Raids come extremely handy at the final floor.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

He's a disappointing final boss tbh ..

And Raids come extremely handy at the final floor.

He was, actually. XD Only two things made him slightly challenging:
1. In the second battle, he hovered above the ground, making it a bit difficult to reach him, though that was more of an annoyance than a challenge
2. In the final fight, the attack he had that caused me to drop ALL of my cards and I had to go around and pick them all up to get them back. Again, an annoyance rather than a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back