• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:coded - worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

imarvel

Re:coded - worth it?

So from what you have played so far. Is it really worth the 35 bucks?? I honestly think days is far better... and it was the same price. was anyone disappointed by the introduction? it was all old cutscenes jumbled up with the 'code' effects around it... and the cutscenes themselves. Maybe they should have left it as com and days format, just showing the face and text because it looks like failed animation, every single cutscene, especially when sora 'runs', at least that's what they make it out with the running sound, but sora sliding through the screem. but the decals are pretty sexy o_O

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Recoded

i agree but its a new way to play kh i guess, the sad part is it came out after bbs so it wasnt as exiting to most people if youve notice they didnt even do anything for it on the days site, and when i went to game stop today they didnt have any of the decals they never gave any away either they called some other gamestops and they didnt get any as well, Did Anyone Get Any?? But i did get the poster they were using XD they were going to throw it away and i was like i want it >:D

Dowhax

Bronze Member

I never got the decals, and when i went to go pre-order dead space 2 last week (can't wait!), I asked about bonuses for re: coded and the guy mentioned the decals. So I don't know what happened.

KingdomHearts530

Yea same thing happened for me and I only remeber ed about them after I was on my way home so I didn't get them <_<

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I like the game. Especially the "dating sim" style talking and a lot of games employ this method of storytelling.

It might have been the "same story" but it was definitely written differently, and written well.

Days wasn't as fun as this game.

Kamichamadude

So from what you have played so far. Is it really worth the 35 bucks?? I honestly think days is far better... and it was the same price. was anyone disappointed by the introduction? it was all old cutscenes jumbled up with the 'code' effects around it... and the cutscenes themselves. Maybe they should have left it as com and days format, just showing the face and text because it looks like failed animation, every single cutscene, especially when sora 'runs', at least that's what they make it out with the running sound, but sora sliding through the screem. but the decals are pretty sexy o_O

Thats how Days was??? o_O I'm watching it right now because I thought I missed something.
Days's introduction ends with a unique cutscene but Coded begins with a Unique cutscene...
I believe it's worth 34.99 (with wa state sales tax lol) :D

Dowhax

Bronze Member

Luckily with Coded, somethings can be easily overlooked than others, *death glares at Days*

axel95

Awards

Recoded is WAY better than days. I can actually play it without going to sleep. That's how boring days was to me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Days wasn't that bad. It wasn't the best game but it wasn't the worst.

Dale

Im gonna say what everyone else is probably thinking. Its a complete copy of Kingdom Hearts 1 they could have been a little more motivated and made it a better experience for the fans.. but i guess were not worth it.

Heres my thoughts on a 3DS remake if they ever did one:
They should have had Nobodies, Heartless and Unversed in this game to make it fresher and not a KH1 clone as the games have been, except BBS ¬___¬
instead of using KH1 Sora they should have had KH2 Sora, a mean the characters been used to death already and if it was a case of confusion to the fans, then make Sora in recoded more distinctive...

also one BBS world and One KH2 world wouldn't have gone amiss, and am i the only one thinking the last bosses should have been the ones hes gonna save? It makes sense to me that he versus them and not just Roxas...
Square has gotten so lazy with the series im disappointed in my purchase i felt like i was playing Kingdom Hearts 1 all over again.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards

Ummmmm why would they add a birth by sleep world if the worlds are all digitized from jimminy's journal? Sora's never BEEN to any BBS world so therefore it couldn't BE in this game. on top of that Sora's going to save Roxas too so therefore the last boss IS someone Sora's going to save.

Dowhax

Bronze Member

Im gonna say what everyone else is probably thinking. Its a complete copy of Kingdom Hearts 1 they could have been a little more motivated and made it a better experience for the fans.. but i guess were not worth it.

A complete copy? Meaning 100% mimic, right? Ok, does kh1 have bugs, does re:coded have all the worlds? Are the stories the same?

Heres my thoughts on a 3DS remake if they ever did one:
They should have had Nobodies, Heartless and Unversed in this game to make it fresher and not a KH1 clone as the games have been, except BBS ¬___¬
instead of using KH1 Sora they should have had KH2 Sora, a mean the characters been used to death already and if it was a case of confusion to the fans, then make Sora in recoded more distinctive...

Are you talking about kh2 Sora being in 3ds or coded? If 3ds then that paragraph really doesn't have any structure in this topic. If your talking kh2 Sora being in Coded, then give this some though: the data that Coded Sora is in is for the first two adventures of the series, of course he's not going to be his kh2 form.

also one BBS world and One KH2 world wouldn't have gone amiss, and am i the only one thinking the last bosses should have been the ones hes gonna save? It makes sense to me that he versus them and not just Roxas...
Square has gotten so lazy with the series im disappointed in my purchase i felt like i was playing Kingdom Hearts 1 all over again.

I do agree that there might have been a BBS world/kh2 world, but again most of the journal takes place during kh1 and com. And to answer your question, yes, I believe you are the only one thinking that. I didn't feel like I was playing kh1 again, the game is way different from kh1. In gameplay and story.

Last edited:

Dale

Well tell me why they couldnt have been in KH2 form?

Dale

BUT the journey's from KH2 are in there as well, so why use KH1 Sora?

Dowhax

Bronze Member

Coded is to connect the first journal with the second (the missing link which is com).

axel95

Awards

For those wondering why kh2 stuff was not used in coded: kh2 was recorded in a different journal!!!! did anybody watch the opening scene?

imarvel

way too much gameplay variety. i mean that's what makes recoded hella fun, but i still want simple beat em up gameplay... Also, I hate the way they modified the stages like the ff games. it's like the dungeons, you die, you restart. i raged so hard when i kept restarting >.>... critical mode + the hp decrease is fucked up =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back