• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:coded Ultimania - Scenario Mysteries Interview Translated!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re:coded Ultimania - Scenario Mysteries Interview Translated!

Thanks to Heartstation for the translations!

Contains spoilers (obviously)

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Ultimania – Scenario Mysteries

Interview with director Tetsuya Nomura

Same as always, this is our chance to toss questions at director Tetsuya Nomura having to do with the story revealed in Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. We’ll try to ask about the secret event from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and the mysteries involving Kingdom Hearts III as well! (Interviewer: Ohno Yuuko)

Data Sora can newly obtain a legitimate Keyblade during his adventure, but are there changes to the real Keyblade when that happens?

Nomura: No, it’s a data version the entire time. However like with the first Keyblade, it wasn’t created by someone else. It comes from the heart’s connections with the data, hinting towards the story theme, “Can a heart be born in an existence made of data?”

During Re:Coded, Namine seems to have explained the reason for the “pain” mentioned in the journal to Sora and company, but why does she take the roundabout method of accessing the data in the Jiminy Journal and adding to it?

Nomura: At the point of time when Namine explained Sora’s secret in the real world, she already knew that by the time Sora and company woke up she would be gone. She thought she wouldn’t be able to speak to them directly. Thus she left a note in Jiminy’s Journal, however she didn’t presume what sort of form the meaning of the message would take when presented to Sora and company. Therefore Jiminy’s Journal was made into data according to the King and co.’s assumptions.

Was the message presented in Jiminy’s Journal prepared entirely by Namine herself?

Nomura: The very first message, “We must return to free them from their torment,” was the only one by Namine, however the messages “Their torment has been lessened” etc. were transmitted by the data itself when Sora eliminated the bugs, implying that restoring the data would bring him closer to understanding the mystery of the message.

As for the outbreak of bugs in Jiminy’s Journal, did they accidentally appear as a result of Namine adding data? Or did Namine intentionally devise the bugs in order to make Sora triumph over the “pain”?

Nomura: That occurring wasn’t part of Namine’s intentions. She couldn’t predict that Sora Heartless would take charge and bring about a crisis like that.

I see… Roxas appears dressed in the black coat in Castle Oblivion among other worlds too. Was that something else that Namine had not added intentionally?

Nomura: Right. Since Roxas and Sora together make up one existence, if there is a Sora made of Kingdom Hearts I data, then data of Roxas must exist too. Roxas says, “It’s my personal duty to check whether or not Sora is ready to take the pain.” However that role was not assigned by Namine, Roxas personally decided that goal and acted upon it accordingly.

Who was the person taken from the data of Jiminy’s Journal that took the form of Riku in the data world?

Nomura: That wasn’t someone from the real world’s data, more like that was the data itself taking on the body of Riku in order to avoid being eroded by the bugs.

When each world is completely debugged, a scene is shown that was not seen in Kingdom Hearts I. Did those scenes occur at the same point in time as Kingdom Hearts I?

Nomura: Yes, they were memories deep in the data of the worlds recorded in Jiminy’s Journal, however as a result of Data Riku searching after the worlds were debugged, they were tangible to the King and company.

In the final chapter of Hollow Bastion, it happens in the story that if the Jiminy Journal is completely debugged, then the existence recorded in the data will be erased. Then why is it even if Data Sora doesn’t remember, Data Riku’s memories remain?

Nomura: Data Sora became an existence whose purpose was to go about debugging, so at the point in time when he had completely debugged the data his memories were gone. In Data Riku’s case, it existed in the main data even without the Jiminy Journal itself being erased, and since its purpose was to solve the mystery first written in the journal, it couldn’t fulfill it until the debugging was complete. Once the mystery was solved, it too would lose its memories.

Throughout playing the lines “Restoration Rate X%” appears a few times, when it reaches 100% Sora Heartless begins to run amok. Does that number represent the growth condition of Sora Heartless?

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts II, Sora’s memory restoration rate was expressed that way. In this case it’s basically showing how much of the data world was restored thanks to Sora. However it’s also like an indicator of Sora Heartless’ growth since it grew at the same time as Sora exterminated the bugs.

After debugging Traverse Town, the King says to Sora, “That day, your travels began here. Also on that day, I was here too.” Does that mean that the King was in the same place at the same time as Sora adventured into Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts I?

Nomura: Seems so. What he was actually doing becomes the previously mentioned “blank time period”, but in this title, it’s implying that the two crossed paths in the same place.

As for the story, the curtain has closed on Sora finally saying “thank you” to Namine. In your Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Ultimania interview, you mentioned that Sora not having yet thanked Namine was foreshadowing the future. Is that matter considered settled now?

Nomura: Although it can’t really be said that it’s completely settled since they haven’t exchanged words in the real world, there’s naturally that implication. This time it’s the data of Sora from before Chain of Memories saying thanks, however it shows there was a special connection beyond the passage of time between Sora and Namine. Additionally, it gives a contradictory answer to the implication that data existences don’t have hearts shown in the story.

I’m going to ask about the Secret Movie now. Yen Sid tells, “With Ansem and Xemnas defeated, it means Master Xehanort will be revived.” When Yen Sid explained about Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts II, did he know this at that point in time?

Nomura: He knew, but it couldn’t be avoided. At that time Xemnas existed as the main threat, so nothing could be done until he was defeated.

“If you release the heart of the Heartless and annihilate the body of the Nobody, then the real form will be revived.” If those conditions are met, can others outside of Xehanort be revived too?

Nomura: It can be considered a possibility. Although it’s what-if speaking, I think that if the members of Organization XIII were restored, they would become there true form.

Though he’s a member of Organization XIII, Axel is shown in the end of Re:Coded in the memories of “pain”…

Nomura: Since healing the necessary “pain” of Axel’s is different than with other people, if he is revived he will take a form like Xehanort’s. In the end of the story, Namine says, “Those whose memories are sleeping inside Sora need relief.” In the Birth by Sleep secret cutscene “Blank Points”, certain characters call out to Sora, however in that scene Axel is the only one who appears and doesn’t say Sora’s name out loud.

Speaking of the Birth by Sleep secret cutscene, Ansem the Wise says that he hid his research results in Sora. This complies with what happens in Re:Coded when Namine says DiZ (Ansem the Wise) has hid something inside Sora. Is that mystery remaining unsolved?

Nomura: Yes. Namine added data to the Jiminy Journal in order to convey that the “pain” of those connected to Sora must be healed, but at the point in time Ansem hid the research results inside Sora, he didn’t know that. Accordingly, Ansem’s research results will become the key to healing the “pain” in the future of the story.

So even though Namine and Ansem acted independently, as a result of what the two did, it leads to one thing. And speaking of those details…

Nomura: Since that will likely become the story for Kingdom Hearts III, please look forward to that until then.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: coded Ultimania - Scenario Mysteries Interview Translated!

finally! :D thanx sign.
woot 1st post.

hough he’s a member of Organization XIII, Axel is shown in the end of Re:Coded in the memories of “pain”…

Nomura: Since healing the necessary “pain” of Axel’s is different than with other people, if he is revived he will take a form like Xehanort’s. In the end of the story, Namine says, “Those whose memories are sleeping inside Sora need relief.” In the Birth by Sleep secret cutscene “Blank Points”, certain characters call out to Sora, however in that scene Axel is the only one who appears and doesn’t say Sora’s name out loud.
this peaked my interest .

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Okay so KHIII is going to be about Rescuing everyone from their torment.

And the stuff about Axel really interest me. I wonder what plans he has for Lea in the future? And looks like in the future Real Sora is going to thank Real Namine.

I must say this was well worth the wait. Is there anymore to it though?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's still the main Nomura interview (which is 6 pages iirc) and another 20 Mysteries.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Ah, just what we need. More Axel/Lea - because we were definitely lacking him throughout the series. Though it was obvious that there was something off when he was shown in Blank Points. Glad we got that settled.

I still hate the fact that Nomura has to pull a Deus Ex Machina by way of Diz having planted his results inside Sora to save everyone, but that's to be expected.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Ultimania – Scenario Mysteries said:
Roxas says, “It’s my personal duty to check whether or not Sora is ready to take the pain.”... Roxas personally decided that goal and acted upon it accordingly.

Taw, my little booger. Remain that way forever.

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com

Wooo! Thanks for posting this Sign! And way to go HeartStation once again for giving us AWESOME stuff about the future of the game! This really made my night! :p And I have to say really got me curious, one about him "What-If"ing the Organization coming back as their true selves (When he puts it that way...I wonder if in that case Braig would still lose his eye if he is reborn? Or would he be scar free and so forth? Agfsdfdfgdfh. I think far, far, too much about him. Oh well. Just thinking out loud, I suppose.)

And this at the bottom, as Anagram and the others spoke about.

I...actually did notice that Axel didn't say his name, because I didn't at all hear the voice of Quinton saying "Sora", and I know that had it been there, I would have recognized it. But all I heard was Jesse's voice and Alyson's. And I don't think I can recall Axel looking up at the sky as Roxas and Xion did. The last time I watched the ending, it really struck me as odd, but I never mentioned anything.

I wonder what sort of "pain" Axel could be experiencing? Not being able to see Roxas (Outside of their minds) for one last time? Not having his heart? His conflicted relationship with Saix? Dying for Sora/Roxas? Agggh. The list goes on, I suppose. But really, it's interesting. And really, reading that from his lips, it now makes sense that he WOULD have different pain than Roxas or Xion or Terra and Aqua and so forth. I mean, other than Roxas, he didn't have any real ties to Sora. Ugh. It makes me more excited for Kingdom Hearts III, but all the while sad, considering we have to wait so long. >___>

And as TwilightNight mentioned...I do like the whole thing about Roxas wondering if Sora can take all of the pain that is being dished out...though I am one of the few that actually liked his character in Days, (Perhaps one of the few that liked EVERYTHING about Days.) picturing him in this very *DARK* light, is actually rather tasty and satisfying. Very much in fact. I like a darker Roxas. It makes for good character development, Data or not. It's just COOL picturing him this way. I can't wait to actually see him in action. :D

Thanks again~! This made my night! :)

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.

Thanks for the translate!!!
The parts at the end were quite interesting. He manages to answer the question and not reveal anything big.
Still, I can't wait for the big one.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards

OMG. I have a feeling Axel's back. This is really good. Thanks so much!!!! :D

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Nomura: Seems so. What he was actually doing becomes the previously mentioned “blank time period”, but in this title, it’s implying that the two crossed paths in the same place.
Once again Mickey's "Blank Period" is brought up. I'm really getting the feeling that Nomura's gonna do something with this.

Dionysus

I'm happy that Axel was addressed in the interview. I really want to see what kind of role he would play were he to come back. I sense character development...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Once again Mickey's "Blank Period" is brought up. I'm really getting the feeling that Nomura's gonna do something with this.

I agree, I think that the other mystery game is gonna be Mickey in the Realm of Darkness.

Darkrider S

Throughout playing the lines “Restoration Rate X%” appears a few times, when it reaches 100% Sora Heartless begins to run amok. Does that number represent the growth condition of Sora Heartless?

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts II, Sora’s memory restoration rate was expressed that way. In this case it’s basically showing how much of the data world was restored thanks to Sora. However it’s also like an indicator of Sora Heartless’ growth since it grew at the same time as Sora exterminated the bugs.

Sora Heartless?? ( the one from Neverland?) hm..that's interesting.. I'd like to see it or even more battle it at 100% xD Nomura explained why Axel was there at least so tht's settled... His "Pain" could be a number of reasons really, So I say wait till Nomura comes back xD ( and don't make a damn thread). I can't wait for this game to come out now mainly because we get to see what's in the Kings ****** ( not sure how to do spoler thingy >< Anyway's thanks for the Translations and Can't wait for the rest xD ( btw Coded takes place after CoM if i'm not mistaken right?)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I guess no one in the series can stay gone. -sigh-

MisuzuKamio

Sora Heartless?? ( the one from Neverland?) hm..that's interesting.. I'd like to see it or even more battle it at 100% xD Nomura explained why Axel was there at least so tht's settled... His "Pain" could be a number of reasons really, So I say wait till Nomura comes back xD ( and don't make a damn thread). I can't wait for this game to come out now mainly because we get to see what's in the Kings ****** ( not sure how to do spoler thingy >< Anyway's thanks for the Translations and Can't wait for the rest xD ( btw Coded takes place after CoM if i'm not mistaken right?)
Um...this is getting into major spoiler territory but the Sora Heartless has to do with a plot device within Coded itself, not the other games. So no, not the one in Neverland.

Also, coded takes place after kh2.

I guess no one in the series can stay gone. -sigh-
I was actually debating this with myself, too. I am curious how they are actually going to defeat Xehanort considering that this time the villain is actually for all we know a human-- not a Heartless or Nobody. There isn't supposed to be any "death" in this game, so I am extreeeemmely curious how they are going to carry this out, because people are just "changing forms." If that is the case, how can Xehanort really even die? Wouldn't he just come back over and over?

Last edited:

Fallen Prince

Since healing the necessary “pain” of Axel’s is different than with other people, if he is revived he will take a form like Xehanort’s.

(obviously)

Did no one see this? This kinda freaks me out...i dont want axel to come back like that. It makes me think he'll come back and become the main villian. With his heart being able to create anger and make him want to kill everyone....

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Thanks a lot Sign!!!

Mr. N. answer on Axel peaked my interest. We know something that will happen in KH3 now. Mickey's blank point said one more time.

All these sounds very interesting...let's see what the rest of the interview says.

Darkrider S

Um...this is getting into major spoiler territory but the Sora Heartless has to do with a plot device within Coded itself, not the other games. So no, not the one in Neverland.

Also, coded takes place after kh2.
Ah, SOrry I tried to do the spoiler thingy but not sure how to do it Dx

ven-roxas21

did anyone else notice how all the people who need to have their pain ended had a negative connection with Xehanort?

Awards

Thanks, Olivia!

Data Sora can newly obtain a legitimate Keyblade during his adventure, but are there changes to the real Keyblade when that happens?

Nomura: No, it’s a data version the entire time. However like with the first Keyblade, it wasn’t created by someone else. It comes from the heart’s connections with the data, hinting towards the story theme, “Can a heart be born in an existence made of data?”

Baw, I was hoping it was real in Hollow Bastion. I suppose that makes sense since Data!Sora never actually touched a real keyblade.
But since he's implying that Data!Sora's heart may have been real, then he still has the potential to get a real keyblade. Not that it matters at this point.

When each world is completely debugged, a scene is shown that was not seen in Kingdom Hearts I. Did those scenes occur at the same point in time as Kingdom Hearts I?

Nomura: Yes, they were memories deep in the data of the worlds recorded in Jiminy’s Journal, however as a result of Data Riku searching after the worlds were debugged, they were tangible to the King and company.

I was really hoping that he would go into more detail about these. It's not something they'd address in the main interview since that usually deals in broader topics. Still, Heartstation says the "20 mysteries" section will be translated, so hopefully they'll include this.
At least I was right about them being real.
Still think that they're Riku's memories.

After debugging Traverse Town, the King says to Sora, “That day, your travels began here. Also on that day, I was here too.” Does that mean that the King was in the same place at the same time as Sora adventured into Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts I?

"Blank time period"? Is he referring all the way back to Another Report, concerning the "period of the King's absence"?

As for the story, the curtain has closed on Sora finally saying “thank you” to Namine. In your Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Ultimania interview, you mentioned that Sora not having yet thanked Namine was foreshadowing the future. Is that matter considered settled now?

Nomura: Although it can’t really be said that it’s completely settled since they haven’t exchanged words in the real world, there’s naturally that implication. This time it’s the data of Sora from before Chain of Memories saying thanks, however it shows there was a special connection beyond the passage of time between Sora and Namine. Additionally, it gives a contradictory answer to the implication that data existences don’t have hearts shown in the story.

Called this. Wouldn't make much sense if they were to leave it at that since it's vicarious through their data versions.

“If you release the heart of the Heartless and annihilate the body of the Nobody, then the real form will be revived.” If those conditions are met, can others outside of Xehanort be revived too?

Nomura: It can be considered a possibility. Although it’s what-if speaking, I think that if the members of Organization XIII were restored, they would become there true form.

How about we finally get some closure on members 9-12?
Also, I think it's a given that Braig, Isa, and Lea are coming back.

Though he’s a member of Organization XIII, Axel is shown in the end of Re:Coded in the memories of “pain”…

So basically that says to me that Axel's memories aren't resting in Sora, but he still has pain that needs to be healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back