• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:coded it is worth playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ventus12

Re:coded it is worth playing?

Im planning on but re:coded today and want to know if it's worth playing as in how is the gameplay and will I miss any thing important about the story. I know the kh games are cannon to each other but is it possible I can miss this one and not be affected much?

In advance thanks for any help and please no rude comments

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: coded it is worth playing?

The gameplay is essentially the BBS command deck system adapted to the DS controls asides from the various other styles (shooter, side-scroller, turn-based) so it serves the game's purpose of just being a fun game to play. The plot is rather unnecessary (really the ending is the only important bit and you can just watch it on Youtube), but the character development between the main duo is nice and well fleshed out. The best way I personally can describe it is a cutesy little game that you play just for the sake of playing it. If you're in it for the plot, you're going to be disappointed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Everything Sign said is right. The plot is just a rehash of KH1 and sorta CoM. You can go with out it, but personally I recommend the game as something fun to play and a nice glimpse into Sora and Riku's friendship. Don't expect to get much plotwise, though.

Cynical Optimist

What everyone else is saying. While the plot is basically an abridged version of KH1 (and COM... I guess) the gameplay is really fun and enjoyable. As for importance, the only thing necessary about coded is the the secret ending. IMO, this game is kind of sort of skippable, but it's still fun, anyway ^^

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

basically, the story could have changed if coded did not happen. But since it did happen, the story does not change and everyone moves on with their lives. kindof like a forgotten hero of some sort.

But gameplay is amazing and its fun to play as sora on a dfferent platform and watch his character development. im not gonna spoil it any further.

flurryflames

I thought it was boring. But it is your choice. You can always borrow from a friend if you aren't too sure if you want to buy it or not. The only worthy of it is the secret ending.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I personally did not get into Re:Coded like I have the other KH games. I just ended up watching the secret ending on YouTube after I got tired of playing the game. The gameplay is the main part of it so if you want something fun to play I would suggest it but the story is not my favorite.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Game-play wise, it was one of the most fun KH games. It was really interesting and took great use of different game-play elements.
Story-line wise, meh. But I knew that going in it wouldn't have much of anything so I really enjoyed it.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

In terms of gameplay, its basically a watered down version of BBS, though a fun game nonetheless. However, there is a huge jump in difficulty once you get to Agrabah, and you do have to level grind a lot. As for story, not that great, but I liked how we got a simple storyline for a change as compared to the more complicated storylines of KH2, Days, and BBS. re:Coded was made as a spin-off, where it was much more gameplay-oriented than story-oriented.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

I recommend getting it. It's very entertaining and making an avatar is also lots of fun

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

To summarize what everyone else has said thus far in case you think it is tl;dr:

Gameplay = Fun
Story = Pointless

ForeverBueaty

instead of buying the game...just watch gameplay on youtube...like i do XD

LucasDraleau

If you want some decent gameplay, then I'd recommend it.
If you want it for the story, then I'd say go find something else, and watch the ending/secret episode on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back