• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:coded is 2011 NA bestseller

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wykin2

Re:coded is 2011 NA bestseller

Some of you may know this already, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I came across this on Nintendo's official DS page.

Best Sellers
Best-selling titles for the Nintendo DS according to NPD Group Inc. "Recent" based upon unit sales in Jan. 2011. Past year data based on period from Feb. 2010 to Jan. 2011.
Recent
1.KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded
2. New Super Mario Bros.
3. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem!
4. Mario Kart DS
5. Super Scribblenauts
6. Super Mario 64 DS
7. Call of Duty Black Ops
8. Plants vs Zombies
9. Sonic Colors
10. Pokémon SoulSilver Version

Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded is The King of DS Games!

Games at Nintendo

MODERATOR NOTE: Just so some of you aren't misled, most of these games are much older than Re:coded, and lost their steam when it came to purchases earlier in their 'lives'. It's still nice to see, but what we're really talking about is a new game in an established franchise outselling games a couple or more years older than itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Coded is the best seller in NA.

Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded is The King of DS Games!

pfft,yeah dream on
considering most games in the list are old and sold millions already,there's no doubt that KH would at least top the month
and im not sure it would hold that place for long too......

ICECOOL113

pfft,yeah dream on
considering most games in the list are old and sold millions already,there's no doubt that KH would at least top the month
and im not sure it would hold that place for long too......

I get what you mean I bet the first 3DS game will be sold in the millions and on top of the list!

wykin2

I agree that it most likely won't hold that spot for much longer. I just thought it was cool that it's there for the time being. Even the smallest victories can embiggen us all.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards

Finally some great news!!!!!!! :D
GO RE:CODED!!!!! It's good to see that the game is doing well.

StVen

This means square enix is making more KH titles in the future since they sell well. Yay for us. :p

Megavoltage

Awards

Since this game sold well do you think they'll make other games about the Datascape?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

This means square enix is making more KH titles in the future since they sell well. Yay for us. :p

Because they weren't planning on another freaking saga...

Since this game sold well do you think they'll make other games about the Datascape?

Hm. It's possible, especially seeing how it officially became some weird bond to Namine and the tormented ones inside Sora. Then there's the whole issue that the real people and their data clones seem to be connected to each other as is implied in KH2.

I doubt it. People would bash it for reusing something.

KH has been reusing things in every single game sans KH1 since that one was the first. I wouldn't mind it so much, personally, so long as they give a nice reason for it.
Though I'd much prefer Space Paranoids if they're going to go with a computerized world. It was more or less the one Disney world to properly tie in with the overall plot in KH2, and holds all of AtW and XH's research data.

thedairyfairy

Re: coded is 2011 NA bestseller

I never thought Re:Coded would beat out Super Mario 64 DS! Who would've guessed that a new game could beat out a launch title?

It must have been a bad year for the DS.

Gerar

Cool and awesome!!!!!!!!! That KH RE:Coded got the Number 1 spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO KH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I must find a way to get this game as soon as possible. How much does a DS Lite cause?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Cool and awesome!!!!!!!!! That KH RE:Coded got the Number 1 spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO KH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I must find a way to get this game as soon as possible. How much does a DS Lite cause?

I'd suggest that unless money's that big an issue for you, you should wait for the 3DS. It's coming out this month, right? And is fully backwards compatible.

wykin2

Yeah, the 3DS comes out the 27th of this month for $249.99. If your not worried about the cost I'd suggest getting the 3DS. Besides, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is coming out in the near future. I alrealdy pre-ordered the 3DS just for that reason. My suggestion is to sign up for a Best Buy store credit card. You can charge it to that and make monthly payments with no interest for 6 months. It's a good deal.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Good, Great, Awesome, Outstanding, Amaazing!! Well good for Re:Coded even though it's mostly re-used stuff it's a good game on it's own. At least that's my opinion.

Tragyk

Still need to check out RE:Coded. :/

And wait till the 3DS comes out for sure, the new KH 3Ds is going to be fantastic.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

It`s awesome Re:coded is doing so well. When I went to get it a few weeks ago at Gamestop it was totally sold out, but luckily my friend and me got the last two copies at Target. Now I`m wondering how I`ll be able to pay for a 3DS.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I remember walking into the video rental shop in our little town and asking them to order it for me. Turned out they had just got a box of copies, and they opened it to sell one to me. Lol, I must have come off a little over-eager...

Gerar

Yeah, thanks Smile and wykin2 :) I'll save my money for a 3DS. And also is it hard to download a PSP game straight from a computer to PSP?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back