• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RE:Coded IGN Review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Re: Coded IGN Review

Well since IGN gave Re:Coded a 8/10 and BBS a 8/10 (I think?), I'll be getting this soon :p

denizenofevil

sweet! This may be the first time I buy a game because of its gameplay instead of its story.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

God damnit, you beat me to it.

I'm getting a little tired of all these filler Kingdom Hearts games. Don't get me wrong, I love the series. But every time a new one comes out I can't help but think, "Just give me Kingdom Hearts 3 already!"

This just pisses me off. Re: Coded isn't even a filler.

Well since IGN gave Re:Coded a 8/10 and BBS a 8/10 (I think?), I'll be getting this soon :p

They gave BBS an 8.5

DanX

They gave BBS an 8.5

I get what your saying, the story does matter its just most people count any non-main game as a filler or side game.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

well, if IGN likes it, then I'm buying it.

LS22

I thought IGN was going to give it like a 7 i dont know why i had that feeling but im glad they gave it an 8

CANT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!

LordPhantomhive

Awards

Would have thought it would score lower with the filler story and reused levels, but it looks like the gameplay is great as expected. Probably will pick it up later this week (or more so later on).

Oh and Gameinformer gave it a 6.75 (going off topic, but a 6 for Ghost Trick?!). Great gameplay with new ideas but hurt badly by the problems I mentioned.

Last edited:

Tatsu

They gave BBS an 8.5

Hate to break it to you but Re Coded is a filler. The only thing worthwhile is the secret ending.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

BBS is filler to me.

I don't care what Nomura says

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Hate to break it to you but Re Coded is a filler. The only thing worthwhile is the secret ending.

and the gameplay, don't forget the gameplay, DON'T forget the gameplay, just DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the only reason I'm buying it.

siegleeagle

I agree with the review as a whole but it really shows how unprofessional ign is if they dont even take the time to get legit facts about the games they review. Saying Re:coded is the reason we dont have KH3 is just dumb and after that point I couldnt take it seriously. Also technically all of the recent games could be counted as filler games because they "fill" gaps left open in the story. However filler can be positive or negative depending on if people hated the game or liked it. I also love the fact that people act like something terrible happened because they didnt like a game. Get over it, its a freakin video game.

Tatsu

The gameplay sounds incredibly unique it's just too bad the game's story is pointless minus the secret ending.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think the story is pointless It definitely has some repetitive elements, but the fact it tells us Riku's memories are somehow inside of Sora just makes things from Days (that one cutscene with Xion's crazy trip) clearer, and if SE had made coded on the DS in the first place, we'd have gotten this game before BBS which would have left us with more of a question of "Why do we need to mend these people's hurts? Why Sora? What does BBS have to do with any of this? Still, why does Ven look like Roxas?" But since we got BBS first in NA and PAL regions, all of the questions were answered before we even knew there were questions to be answered.

The reason I'm buying this game is because of the gameplay and the Riku stuff. And the endings. :D

Dowhax

Bronze Member

I'm loving Re:Coded. I need to play the game just alittle more before I decide I like the story. But I like the gameplay, waaaay better than Days. They fixed the heartless defense which was really annoying in Days. Even on Beginner, though in Coded, the bosses are hard. But overall Coded is beating Days by a mile plus one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back