• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

re:Coded Fails Sales Wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Coded Fails Sales Wise

I don't get why this would do bad yet the FMs are the EXACT same game with a few bosses and cutscenes. However come to think of it KH2FM+ was KH2 and Re:CoM.

Considering it was competing with Pokemon Black/White...

KOIKOIBA

I don't get why this would do bad yet the FMs are the EXACT same game with a few bosses and cutscenes. However come to think of it KH2FM+ was KH2 and Re:CoM.

Considering it was competing with Pokemon Black/White...

This.
And don't forget the FMs had the english dub, which make it fresh.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Not in Japan because of KH2FM

Over here, however, it didn't do very well.
That's why Europe will never get it.

Fixed. Though with pain in my heart. They weren't planning a Europe release anyway. I believe it was stated before the American Release.

About Re:Coded, like Sign says, it's competing with Black and White. There aren't many games that could outsell those in the same periods. I expect it to do better in the US and Europe though. (Unless they release it along with Black and White again, in which case they get double retard points)

Good series get milked like this, it applies to video games or series. It just comes with a good series.

Besides, SE is the king of milking. They are on like what Final fantasy 13? Not to count the side games.

yea but final fantasy when it ends it is made into an entirely new game but kh is a series and all these got damn side games that they are making is milking it

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I expected as much. Wasn't it competing against Pokemon? anyways it'll probably do better here.

Lukar

Yeah, I think Square pulled a Tales/Namco with Re:coded. They released it too close to at least one other high-profile game-- in this case, Pokemon Black and White.

xStarSeekerx

Maybe it has something to do with the consoles.

I mean from PS2 to DS to PSP to DS AGAIN, and then to the 3DS. i mean you cant keep expecting people to buy new consoles just for one game.

but whatevs.

i mean its 55,000 copies behind the number 2 slot, so it got some work to do

Shadow Key

damn, shadowkey, you beat me to it.

I do that. :D

i wonder how it will do here then...

That's what I'm worried about, but like Raz said, we never got the original game while everyone in Japan did, so it'll probably do better here.

But then again, this is like a Final Mix in a sense, so shouldn't it do the same as the others do in Japan? Ah well.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com

Sigh, it'll sell decently, but I wasnt expecting as much as Days, lol.
But they REALLY need to space out the games. I mean, 3 KH games in the same year and a half has got to get tiring. I'll still buy Re:Coded, but when I have money. I'm saving up for the 3DS, lolz.
But just wait until KH3D comes out in 2012, that'll sell HUGE. :p

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Sigh, it'll sell decently, but I wasnt expecting as much as Days, lol.
But they REALLY need to space out the games. I mean, 3 KH games in the same year and a half has got to get tiring. I'll still buy Re:Coded, but when I have money. I'm saving up for the 3DS, lolz.
But just wait until KH3D comes out in 2012, that'll sell HUGE. :p
Well, for Japanese fans it's been 10 months since the last one.

jawz

Square Enix cant beat us pirates! arg!

axel95

Awards

Japan has already played coded, so re:coded isn't gonna sell that well over there. Plus, they released the same time as pokemon. It will sell a lot better in the states because we didn't get coded.

Tatsu

Maybe this is a sign that people are tired of the fillers and spin offs and now want the real deal. Bring in KH3 and make millions Square.

I'm sure KH3D is going to be lackluster in sales as well.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Maybe this is a sign that people are tired of the fillers and spin offs and now want the real deal. Bring in KH3 and make millions Square.

*SIGH*You're back I see.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

maybe a lot of people bought the game for the phone or fought it was worth waiting till price goes down after seeing everything important on youtube.
or they downloaded the game

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You again? Looks like the countless posts about the KH team being busy with Versus just went ignored, as usual.

maybe a lot of people bought the game for the phone or fought it was worth waiting till price goes down after seeing everything important on youtube.
or they downloaded the game

Well, the particular model they released it on isn't actually all that popular to begin with. Iirc, it was part of some deal Disney had... anyways, considering the game is only available in Japan, I doubt anyone actually released it for illegal download.

Heartless Prince

Website
shinzart.com

Well, if the rest of the KH population is like me they don't really see or understand where the coded games fit into the KH series. Just seems like a side game that doesn't really relate to the whole KH storyline in the way that KH2, BBS, Days and CoM do. So if fans have an opportunity to skip playing the same worlds with the same story lines with a bunch of blocks that you can hit thrown in, plus B grade cut scenes I wouldn't blame them.

~J

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Well, if the rest of the KH population is like me they don't really see or understand where the coded games fit into the KH series. Just seems like a side game that doesn't really relate to the whole KH storyline in the way that KH2, BBS, Days and CoM do. So if fans have an opportunity to skip playing the same worlds with the same story lines with a bunch of blocks that you can hit thrown in, plus B grade cut scenes I wouldn't blame them.

~J
Er... Coded takes place after the end of KH2, it's what ties BBS and Days into the present plot, thus making them relevant, and it's the beginning of the bridge leading into KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back