• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

THIS!

Seriously all the points made against KH2 (aside from the one I quoted), I completely disagree with. And that normally never happens, I can usually find one thing I agree with people in terms of cons on games but the reasons I'm saying sound nitpicky and... false really. But whatever...

At best, it's a mediocre plot with lackluster characterization. I've seen games with far better writing, plot structure, and characters.

But whatever. Like i said, opinions are opinions.

For The King

I'm so excited for this, I was kind of hoping for a PSP release but DS is fine with me as well. :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Placeholder dates are already popping up apparently o_O

G4TV = January 31, 2011
1up = Fall 2010

Awards

Reasoning that the game is better because without it the sequels would never exist is pointless. You then go on to say that KH2 is more important than KH1, well, without KH1 KH2 wouldn't have existed, so, greater importance. :v

Yes I know that, but I meant that KH2 had a greater impact than KH1 did.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

KH1 is what set Riku's story in motion in modern time and sent him away from home and what caused Sora to create Roxas and eventually make his way to Castle Oblivion. It's also what cleansed XH.
I think KH1 had a pretty damn good impact, seeing how without it, the Org's plans would've been pretty redundant, seeing how they wouldn't have had Roxas, not to mention Namine to use in half their plans XD;

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Blasphemy! D:

KH1 is what set Riku's story in motion in modern time and sent him away from home and what caused Sora to create Roxas and eventually make his way to Castle Oblivion. It's also what cleansed XH.
I think KH1 had a pretty damn good impact, seeing how without it, the Org's plans would've been pretty redundant, seeing how they wouldn't have had Roxas, not to mention Namine to use in half their plans XD;

^This. I couldn't have put it better.

.:Mega:.

Awards

I...don't see how it made a huge impact. Yes, it had some concepts that could have been executed well, but IMO the execution of everything in that game was horrible to average at best, especially in the case of the Disney worlds, which, unlike KH1, were movie recaps that had no bearing on the plot.

Besides, in KH2 the keyholes were sealed. Even with the Org's plans in motion, the worlds themselves weren't in severe danger like in KH1, where entire worlds got swallowed by darkness. That, and it just didn't feel like there was character development, other than maybe Riku.

'm not saying people can't like KH2, just that I think there are pretty blatant flaws with it as a game.

Kind of sad, as I had no problems with Days, CoM's, or BBS's plots, even if Days was on the lower end of things to me. It's why I'm so curious about Re:Coded-- I'll actually be able to get an idea of its plotline other than a few vague details I know from wikis and a few cutscenes.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I...don't see how it made a huge impact. Yes, it had some concepts that could have been executed well, but IMO the execution of everything in that game was horrible to average at best, especially in the case of the Disney worlds, which, unlike KH1, were movie recaps that had no bearing on the plot.

Besides, in KH2 the keyholes were sealed. Even with the Org's plans in motion, the worlds themselves weren't in severe danger like in KH1, where entire worlds got swallowed by darkness. That, and it just didn't feel like there was character development, other than maybe Riku.

'm not saying people can't like KH2, just that I think there are pretty blatant flaws with it as a game.

Kind of sad, as I had no problems with Days, CoM's, or BBS's plots, even if Days was on the lower end of things to me. It's why I'm so curious about Re:Coded-- I'll actually be able to get an idea of its plotline other than a few vague details I know from wikis and a few cutscenes.

it gets less impactfull every game imo

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I think the thing with Days is that it didn't pretend to do anything too "epic". It had its year and couldn't afford to contradict KH2 so it stayed to its own small plot mini cosmos, and while people might not like that at least the game did what it needed to do.
KH2 pretended to be massive and epic but gave us Sora singing Hakuna Matata in the middle of a mental breakdown. That just doesn't work XD;

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I think the thing with Days is that it didn't pretend to do anything too "epic". It had its year and couldn't afford to contradict KH2 so it stayed to its own small plot mini cosmos, and while people might not like that at least the game did what it needed to do.
KH2 pretended to be massive and epic but gave us Sora singing Hakuna Matata in the middle of a mental breakdown. That just doesn't work XD;
KH2 was epic IMO. It was the best conclusion to the whole mess that started in COM.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Only that the mess that started in CoM is far from being really over :v if anything it was the first game that really set things in motion for us with KH1 being a "background" setter. And whatever this "conclusion" you speak of was, we certainly didn't really get to see any of it unfold as when Sora was done singing Hakuna Matata it was time for the plot's Deus Ex Machina to give him his friends back and to kick the bad guy's ass. That's not conclusion, it's half assedness.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Only that the mess that started in CoM is far from being really over :v if anything it was the first game that really set things in motion for us with KH1 being a "background" setter. And whatever this "conclusion" you speak of was, we certainly didn't really get to see any of it unfold as when Sora was done singing Hakuna Matata it was time for the plot's Deus Ex Machina to give him his friends back and to kick the bad guy's ass. That's not conclusion, it's half assedness.
Well I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Sempied

Posted by sign near the top of this page.

Nice try though =)
Shoot. But after how off the last placeholders were with BBS i'm expecting something much more closer to very late 2010/early 2011.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I thought KH2 WAS epic -_-;

This is the first time I disagreed with all of the reasons KH2 haters have given. I always thought characters went well, I thought gameplay went well (abused the reaction commands and was too easy but not enough to kill it like people say it did), I thought cutscenes were good, I thought story was awesome, I seriously disagree with a lot of the reasons I get. 0_0

And Sora singing Hakuna Matata in the middle of a mental breakdown? I really don't understand what you mean. That's like saying KH1 pretended to be epic after showing Traverse Town 2nd visit and then has Sora as a mermaid. You can take that reason into ANY KH game really.

And why is KH2 still being discussed? I know I started it but I didn't expect the discussion to expand this much. The topic is RECODED not KH2.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Hakuna Matata is about throwing your past away and no longer caring about it. Excuse me if I don't think Sora should be singing that while looking so gleeful in the middle of the sh*t storm his life became and with the Org lurking around every corner.
One thing I liked about KH1 was that Sora was not happy go lucky. He tried his best but more often than not he needed Donald and Goofy to keep him going least he just broke down and called it quits. He couldn't save Kairi and Riku was slipping further and further away and the kid was with his head hanging low for most of the game with his two eventual-best-friends doing their best to keep him on his feet.
In KH2 it was like they lost their way. I'm not blaming them for helping out the worlds they reached but between saying "ok we're already here, let's kill some Heartless" and singing a song about how whatever happened doesn't matter and it's all fun, lulz and shizzles there's quite a ways to go.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

KH1 tried to be epic and it succeeded in my eyes. And I agree with what Smile said. KH1 Sora wasn't so happy go-lucky as KH2 Sora was because he didn't have a reason to be happy. He got dragged away from his home, he doesn't know if his 1 lifelong friend is even alive until he meets up with him in traverse town, and his other friend is missing a heart and is in a comatose state. KH2 Sora apparently wanted to find Riku so bad but he has the time to go sing with some fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back