• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

Now that's just being extremely nitpicky -_-
I swear, that's as bad as the Sonic fanboys going "OMG! SONIC 4 IS GONNA SUCK BECAUSE SONIC'S EYES ARE GREEN!" or "OMG! HIS LEGS AREN'T SPINNING SO IT'S GONNA SUCK!" or "OMG! WE'RE GONNA BOYCOTT SEGA BY BUYING SONIC 1 WHEN SONIC 4 COMES OUT!!!" (like that logic makes any sense)

It's not going to surprise me when KH fans get reduced to that stupidity.

Or you know, people just have different opinions.

Maybe those weren't the BEST examples/they weren't very elaborated upon, but KH2 had some godawful writing.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Or you know, people just have different opinions.

Maybe those weren't the BEST examples/they weren't very elaborated upon, but KH2 had some godawful writing.

Blame Nojima for that!! Nomura had nothing to do with that, he tried to fix it with KH2FM

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Actually I wouldn't blame any single person. Nojima may have contributed to the bad writing, but I hardly think he's the only one responsible.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well to be honest I thought that was a good thing that the plot to KH2 was nothing like the fans imagined. If fans can imagine a plot based on early trailers, then it means that the story is cliche'. The fact that fans were waaaaaay off proved the story to be more original... and I still don't get why people say KH2's story sucked, I really don't. -_-

I pretty much agree with this. Like the whole Riku plot twist.

If the fans manage to imagine the games' plot based on trailers it means they revealed too much, not necessarily that it was cliche or predictable. Just that in order to try and wow us, they... showed it to us.

That can be true in some cases, but the clicheness can be a problem too.

Well Nomura did say that the hooded man talking to DiZ in the mansion and the cloaked figure that Sora charged (the one pulling back his hood) were the same person. I can understand that one.
But no one was really anticipating it to be Riku, lawl.

Mm, but Genocide was calling that list I posted the 'original story', which is kind of different to just reveal--*flashbacks to that GameFAQ thread*--never mind.

"You can't see Sora!" lmao

I would love to know where that was going, actually.

Actually I wouldn't blame any single person. Nojima may have contributed to the bad writing, but I hardly think he's the only one responsible.

Haven't you heard? There is only one man working at Square Enix.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Well it'd be more like four people because the only ones ever brought up in regards to KH are Nomura, Nojima, Watanabe, and Shimomura.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Terribad writing/horribly easy gameplay/general mediocricity/etc. Might not have been an absolutely godawful game, but it could have been a lot better. If you don't think so, that's fine, opinions are opinions,, bla bla bla.

Moving on.
The writing seemed to be on the level of KH1, cheesy as usual, the gameplay was easy? Maybe on beginner mode. Don't know what you mean by mediocrity I find KH2 to be a worthy sequel to KH1.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded

There sure are a hell of a lot of Re:Coded topics lately. D:
Ehhh, who cares? The game doesn't seem so important... heh.

There are, right? It's the latest bit of news we've had ^^

.:Mega:.

Awards

I said it before a million times and I'll say it again... What the heck was wrong with KH2?! Nobody ever gave me a good answer to that and I really don't remember anyone saying "OMG KH2 WAS CRAP!" until I entered into these forums again.

And if you say something like "Because the story was different from what the fans thought it would be" that's a REALLY STUPID reason to hate something.

Because the story was a convoluted mess that couldn't decide what was more important: Org XIII or Maleficent and Pete.

Because the characterization was flat and extremely flimsy compared to the first game and CoM.

Because the worlds lacked any sort of exploration and puzzles, whereas KH1 and BBS have platforming segments and are far more interactive.

Because of the obnoxious second world visits, many of which weren't very enjoyable. Furthermore, the Org felt slapped on compared to CoM, where you could see what they were planning. Likewise, the Disney villains in KH1 worked out much better because you could see what they were up to, and they were the focus for the longest time. And as for Ansem, he was foreshadowed throughout the game.

Because of all of the hype surrounding Roxas, only for there to be a three hour prologue with menial tasks instead of anything significant. As a whole, Roxas' role was a letdown.

But my main problem with KH2 is that it tried to accomplish far too much, sacrificing the 'magic' of the first game and its simplicity.

That being said, I'm looking forward to Re:Coded. :3

Awards

I LOVED the story of KH2. It was great! Without that story, the story of BBS or Days or coded would've never came into existence. In my opinion, KH2's story had a lot more importance to the series than KH1 did. The only thing i didn't like about KH2 was just the gameplay. It was too damn easy. I just kept replaying the game for the story. The only KH game that had a boring story was Days. That's the only game i dont play over and over.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Because of all of the hype surrounding Roxas, only for there to be a three hour prologue with menial tasks instead of anything significant. As a whole, Roxas' role was a letdown.

Idk, I thought it was pretty important. We are made to see him as just this normal kid who's had his life taken away, virtually an unwilling sacrifice. Even though the TWTN world and his friends were fake, he's still established as a person of his own, and it's hinted that he had a life of his own before he was kidnapped.

As Sora, we're fed information about how evil nobodies are and how the mission is to kill them--but the set-up with Roxas (and Axel) was pretty firm, and at least for me, it was always in the back of my mind. Do they really feel nothing? Is killing them always justified?

I think a theme KH2 tried to bring in was 'grey'. In KH1 it was pretty black and white; dark and light, villains and good guys. But in KH2 we have the in-between, the Nobodies, and maybe to complement that they have the storyline a little less 'black and white', especially when it comes to Roxas.

Maybe they didn't handle it very well, but I think the idea behind it is a nice one. And, 'shades of grey' is probably going to be very important in the future.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Idk, I thought it was pretty important. We are made to see him as just this normal kid who's had his life taken away, virtually an unwilling sacrifice. Even though the TWTN world and his friends were fake, he's still established as a person of his own, and it's hinted that he had a life of his own before he was kidnapped.

As Sora, we're fed information about how evil nobodies are and how the mission is to kill them--but the set-up with Roxas (and Axel) was pretty firm, and at least for me, it was always in the back of my mind. Do they really feel nothing? Is killing them always justified?

I think a theme KH2 tried to bring in was 'grey'. In KH1 it was pretty black and white; dark and light, villains and good guys. But in KH2 we have the in-between, the Nobodies, and maybe to complement that they have the storyline a little less 'black and white', especially when it comes to Roxas.

Maybe they didn't handle it very well, but I think the idea behind it is a nice one. And, 'shades of grey' is probably going to be very important in the future.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I mostly agree. The whole problem with KH2 was execution, because the game had some really nice ideas that I think could have been far more explored to greater effect.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

khfandom
posting.jpg

That being said, I'm looking forward to Re:Coded.

Last edited:

Izayoi

galactic cancer

I LOVED the story of KH2. It was great! Without that story, the story of BBS or Days or coded would've never came into existence. In my opinion, KH2's story had a lot more importance to the series than KH1 did. The only thing i didn't like about KH2 was just the gameplay. It was too damn easy. I just kept replaying the game for the story. The only KH game that had a boring story was Days. That's the only game i dont play over and over.

Reasoning that the game is better because without it the sequels would never exist is pointless. You then go on to say that KH2 is more important than KH1, well, without KH1 KH2 wouldn't have existed, so, greater importance. :v

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

KH2 was alright, the story was corny n such as usual but I guess that can't be helped. My only REAL issue was the difficulty.

αsiя

space coke

wtf, kh2 is hard as f*ck for me.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

THIS!

Seriously all the points made against KH2 (aside from the one I quoted), I completely disagree with. And that normally never happens, I can usually find one thing I agree with people in terms of cons on games but the reasons I'm saying sound nitpicky and... false really. But whatever...

αsiя said:
wtf, kh2 is hard as f*ck for me.

I'm sorry but... N00B!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back