• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

As stated before, if it's a remake, Nomura wouldn't have to bother all that much with it. The content is there, he might need to pitch in on some added content but overall he already did his job :\ it's not like he's singlehandedly developing the games, otherwise we never would've had things like Riku being a playable party member in KH2 or the LS fight in the FM+ (and that might've been better. Stupid transforming Keyblades making it into canon... *growls*)
I'm mostly mad at the fact its getting remaked AT ALL. Its like making a remake of Days. Pointless game is pointless.

I didn't read every single other post, but does this count as one of the two games before KH3 Nomura was talking about?
We don't know. I'm praying its not.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

αsiя;5092377 said:
Nope, that would be BBS.

Yeah. Coded more links the BBS secret ending to the KH2 ending, really.

αsiя;5092557 said:
People that are pissed is because we think Nomura is wasting time on remaking games especially if they're unnecessary instead using that time to begin on Reconnect or something many fans want (a HD compilation for the PS3). I wouldn't be that mad if coded was just being ported and available on the PSN/DSware for about 15 dollars since it wouldn't that useless, but an entire remake which would most likely be a reason for Nomura holding back on KH content.

Okay, I'm putting this in my sig now. Read my sig lol

As stated before, if it's a remake, Nomura wouldn't have to bother all that much with it. The content is there, he might need to pitch in on some added content but overall he already did his job :\ it's not like he's singlehandedly developing the games

Yeah, he might be the director but he has whole teams of people to actually produce the games.

I'm mostly mad at the fact its getting remaked AT ALL. Its like making a remake of Days. Pointless game is pointless.

Well, we've got half the fandom bitching 'how come we never get the cool things Japan gets' and half the fandom bitching 'stop giving us pointless things'. Can't please everyone, I guess. I for one am glad he's making a Japan-exclusive more accessible to the world. FFVII fans who wanted Before Crisis would kill for an opportunity like that, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

edit: so sorry for the double post, forgot to copypaste after multiquoting ;;

darkheart709

Bronze Member

We don't know. I'm praying its not.

Not if it makes them money it isn't

I thought this was already confirmed to be one of the games he has mentioned

tomasmccann

Awards

I think nomura would have been smarter if he ported BBS to blu-ray format, and make it a ps3 game in NA, instead of bothering with coded... he could have at least done that AFTER bbs since we weren't expecting it. However, i hope that Coded will be fun (story aside, who cares).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I can't believe how many people seem to think all the games are made by one man ;;

I think it is the idea that they can blame it all on him. I know I do sometimes, even though I know there are others to blame. But it is easier to blame it on Nomura because he represents the game. Even if it was random developer #3 making a gameplay element, Nomura gets the praise. If it was random writer #2 who screwed over some aspect of the story, the blame goes to Nomura.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I can't believe how many people seem to think all the games are made by one man ;;

Probably not. But with the way his interviews go, he seems to be a part of some of the ideas. He worked single handedly on the script of Days himself, and accepted a novel's author premise of a character. He's the director - I'm sure that type of decision has to get through him somehow, and Kanemaki has met him. He could always say no.

The other games, however, aren't so horrible. People are too hard on coded, if you ask me, when it really goes deeper into things for it to be considered just "filler". BBS is self-explainable for KH going back to its roots, as people praise, despite its continuity problems.

Days was the only big "F", and I'm certain that expanding the series over the Xehanort Chronicles have more outside influences.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Probably not. But with the way his interviews go, he seems to be a part of some of the ideas. He worked single handedly on the script of Days himself, and accepted a novel's author premise of a character.

Kanemaki and Ishida wrote the scenario, as in the plot. Then Nomura took their scenario and holed himself up for two weeks making a script out of it. You're right, he could have fixed things or said no, but I wasn't really talking about the plots of the games

I was talking about being the one to manage PR, to develop the software, to work on the game mechanics, to actually MAKE the game. He directs it, sure, but that doesn't mean every single thing comes down to him.

Especially with people complaining about the lack of news. You know Square probably has a department concerned with PR and press releases and the control of information and advertising and marketing, and I'm not sure Nomura is the one who calls the shots. At least that sounds more logical to me.

Cthulhu

Yeah, hi.
Ok, I don't know if this has been covered before, but I MUST know- hell, this is the sole reason I joined after lurking so much.
So, here goes: Can we safely assume that Re: Coded is in fact the secret KH that was going to be revealed at E3?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

Yeah, hi.
Ok, I don't know if this has been covered before, but I MUST know- hell, this is the sole reason I joined after lurking so much.
So, here goes: Can we safely assume that Re: Coded is in fact the secret KH that was going to be revealed at E3?
erm is it e3 yet? no. i dont think it is cause well we ALREADY know about it and someone (forgot who) said e3 was gonna make a huge impact. therefore i hope theyll be another game.
btw: welcome to khi.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, hi.

Yes, we can safely assume so :3

Cthulhu

Yes, we can safely assume so :3

Damn it.
I do want Coded, but I also thought that it would be nice to have a flashy surprise announcement, and probably new material. (I prefer new games to remakes, but I realize that this is indeed new for the Americas)

loke13

Damn it.
I do want Coded, but I also thought that it would be nice to have a flashy surprise announcement, and probably new material. (I prefer new games to remakes, but I realize that this is indeed new for the Americas)
NOTHING is written in stone we still have E3 and TGS keep the hope alive!!!!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

erm is it e3 yet? no. i dont think it is cause well we ALREADY know about it and someone (forgot who) said e3 was gonna make a huge impact. therefore i hope theyll be another game.
btw: welcome to khi.

The 'huge impact' thing wasn't said to be connected to KH, for starters. The KH thing was said as 'something special for NA fans,' which fits the bill perfectly. And Square have already released their whole E3 list in a press release, so you can pick for yourself which one you think was meant to be the 'huge impact'.

loke13

The 'huge impact' thing wasn't said to be connected to KH, for starters. The KH thing was said as 'something special for NA fans,' which fits the bill perfectly. And Square have already released their whole E3 list in a press release, so you can pick for yourself which one you think was meant to be the 'huge impact'.
Is it there "whole" E3 list. I mean it wouldn't be out of place if SE didn't still have a few surprises up there sleeves.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That list is everything, but I believe there will be more. Each company is going to try and outshine the other. An announcement of a "secret game" or Versus would be just the edge Nomura probably will use this show when talking about the series he is in control of.

Is it there "whole" E3 list. I mean it wouldn't be out of place if SE didn't still have a few surprises up there sleeves.

Exactly. :D I find that if Nomura and what ever SE rep will be with him doesn't give us a game or two not on the list will mean something is wrong with this this year.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On the twitter:
"Square Enix just announced the 2010 E3 Product Line-Up! See what titles we're planning to reveal at the show - http://bit.ly/9oMhQA"

Which leads to the press release here: SQUARE ENIX BRINGS AN UNRIVALED LINEUP OF FRANCHISES TO E3 2010 | SQUARE ENIX

Idk, if there's any secret reveals it will be about Verses, I'm sure. The KH team is working on Versus, the h.a.n.d team are working on KH:Coded, and as of the BBS Ultimania release the Osaka team didn't know if they were going to be working on any KH titles, which would leave them what, less than three months to scrape something together for E3?

Besides, if the next game in the series is important, I would expect Square to start publicity in Japan rather than overseas...

loke13

On the twitter:
"Square Enix just announced the 2010 E3 Product Line-Up! See what titles we're planning to reveal at the show - http://bit.ly/9oMhQA"

Which leads to the press release here: SQUARE ENIX BRINGS AN UNRIVALED LINEUP OF FRANCHISES TO E3 2010 | SQUARE ENIX

Idk, if there's any secret reveals it will be about Verses, I'm sure. The KH team is working on Versus, the h.a.n.d team are working on KH:Coded, and as of the BBS Ultimania release the Osaka team didn't know if they were going to be working on any KH titles, which would leave them what, less than three months to scrape something together for E3?

Besides, if the next game in the series is important, I would expect Square to start publicity in Japan rather than overseas...
Right. So the prospect of this game not being the two that prelude KH3 is still likely and we'll most likely have to wait for TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back