• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

Poor Nintendo, always getting the shovelware of the titles.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I hope they can make the graphics look smoother than they did in Days

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I dunno if they can, and even if they could it wouldn't be by much. Days was pushing it as it was.

tomasmccann

Awards

If they had not said anything about Versus being at E3, there might be grounds for hope, but considering it's been explicitly said it's not going to be at E3, that's pretty silly of you.
No, he's actually not silly. Nomura is silly. THAT is why keeping up hope isn't a bad thing. Nomura hardly even knows what he is talking about. Who knows? He might have deliberately spread the news about FF Versus, so he could make that "impact" at E3.
Although, i think he should be aware that people won't be so "impacted" unless the game is complete and released in stores the day after. (metaphorically speaking).
We should remember that it still is FFXIII, so releasing it after FFXIV (which is probably happening) would be ridiculous and misleading to the chronology of the series.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded

Coded revealed the plot of the next game, it linked KH2 to the next game in the same way COM linked KH1 to KH2.

Coded revealed the next games will be about Sora trying to end the torment of Terra, Aqua, Ven, Xion, Roxas, Axel, and Namine.

358/2 Days revealed nothing of interest, except that Roxas was friends with a Sora Replica when he was in the organization.

And If someone just looked at the title of "358/2 Days" then they would assume all 358 days are playable. And there not, there are only 93 days and this can piss someone off real bad.
Please, BBS told us that. And Day title implied how many days Roxas was in the Organization.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

No, he's actually not silly. Nomura is silly. THAT is why keeping up hope isn't a bad thing. Nomura hardly even knows what he is talking about. Who knows? He might have deliberately spread the news about FF Versus, so he could make that "impact" at E3.
Although, i think he should be aware that people won't be so "impacted" unless the game is complete and released in stores the day after. (metaphorically speaking).
We should remember that it still is FFXIII, so releasing it after FFXIV (which is probably happening) would be ridiculous and misleading to the chronology of the series.
Ummm no FF13 was FF13. Versus is basically a spin off.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I don't think it was Nomura who even made the statement.

Either way I wouldn't get your hopes up about it.

And If someone just looked at the title of 358/2 Days then they would assume all 358 days are playable. And there not, there are only 93 days and this can piss someone off real bad.

Playing through 358 days of repetitive Heartless killing? THAT would be reason to get pissed off.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards

"We should remember that it still is FFXIII, so releasing it after FFXIV (which is probably happening) would be ridiculous and misleading to the chronology of the series."

Man those FF7 games must have screwed up then.

tangerine

Awards

Final Fantasy games don't have any sort of chronology. It doesn't matter if it's released after 14. :V It's part of a compilation, just like FF7 games were released long after the original and after other FFs.

tangerine

Awards

Edited my post. And I said Final Fantasy games themselves don't have chronology, not the main entries aren't released in chronological order.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Yeah it's pretty much the case with the VII compilation. Wouldn't really be incoherent to release it after XIV, and if they spent the first few years just dicking around with the software like they supposedly did with XIII, it very well could be.

loke13

Nope. Some titles do have chronology like the FF7 spawns, but they're numbered to keep the franchise going and the money in, not because they actually relate to one another.
See FFX-2
But there still numbered 1-14. I mean 12 didn't prelude 11.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Was Square-Enix releasing Dirge of Cerberus after FFX incoherent? No.

Same deal.

tangerine

Awards

It's been explained pretty darn simply and more than once, so I don't know how to rid you of your confusion other than to tell you to reread.

loke13

It's been explained pretty darn simply and more than once, so I don't know how to rid you of your confusion other than to tell you to reread.
Right. But i'm not talking about the spinoff. Just the main titles.

k99y77

Awards

im more intrested in next years kh game with multiple main characters but im still going to get this
thanks (chaser) for the news :)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Okay. To sum it up:

1. The series doesn't share a chronology within itself.

2. It's part of a compilation, like FFVII. The main Final Fantasy games kept being made, but SE made other games with "Final Fantasy VII" in the title. Was it ridiculous and incoherent? No.

Right. But i'm not talking about the spinoff. Just the main titles.

They do number the main titles chronologically (I then II then III then IV then V etc), but the whole point that w were trying to make about Versus was that it *isn't* a main title, and as such it wouldn't be confusing or ridiculous to release it after XIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back