• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Chain of Memories - Need some help with Zexion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKelsblade

Stuck on this guy in Destiny Islands.

Every time I manage to get a few hits in, he summons his tornado cess pool attack and steals my cards before I can card break him. Then, when that attack's over he summons replicas with soul eater and owns my shit. I don't even have time to heal myself while trying to take out the floating books to get my cards back.

Stats:

Level 35
HP - 230
AP - 21
DP - 32

Perhaps I need to level a bit more? It's more-so running out of HP before I can heal that I'm having issues with. The King almost never shows up on the battlefield.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I also have trouble with this guy myself so not sure how much help I can offer but I do suggest leveling up some more.
Usually I can beat Riku's story with 30Dp so I dont ever worry about going over it and solely focus on HP and AP after it reaches that point.

As for Zexion I tend to just dash and scramble around when he takes my cards, trying to pick up any scattered around the field then just keep dodging till I see him play a card I can break with what I've picked up using sleights whenever I can to damage him.

Another suggestion would be to learn to take advantage of riku's enemy cards, he has one for every boss he beats and one for whatever heartless that is in that world.
Like the Oogie Boogie card can restore health for a limited time or how Hook's card gives you the second chance ability for 3 reloads.
Another card I'd recommend is Maleficents enemy card, it grants you increased attack power in exchange for slower reload speed but since Riku has no reload counter her card practically gives you a free power boost for as long as it's active.

Last edited:

TheKelsblade

Thank you for the bits of advice, Gram! Kinda wish they would've left this guy out like in the original COM, haha.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Your welcome~ C:
I can partly agree with that lol it was fun and exciting at first to know I could fight him but after the fight I had wished it stayed like the original. xD

TheKelsblade

Haha, I feel the same way!

Managed to beat him today after leveling a bit :D I pretty much diddlyed up in the beginning and ended up button mashing with 2 cards. Haha, don't even know how I won, but hey ho!

I'm at Ansem now, he's not very fun to play with.

Gram

Banned
Awards

xD Try thinking of it from this angle, you trolled a victory on that card stealing bookworm with only two cards~

He isn't, I've never been able to get a clear cut strategy for him either. I just equip the Maleficent card and keep breaking his cards hoping for a duel sequence, then spam sleights while in dark mode. x'[

TheKelsblade

I'll take that outlook :D

I've been literally trying every strategy and his little demon bitch keeps blocking my sleights at JUST the right time. Trying not to rage quit for the night, hahaha. Even the walkthrough guide I'm using says "If you're prone to game rage, you might want to take precaution before tackling Riku's final confrontation."

It's like the guide knows me :p

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Your welcome~ C:
I can partly agree with that lol it was fun and exciting at first to know I could fight him but after the fight I had wished it stayed like the original. xD

^ I was gonna offer advice when this caught my eye. I didn't know Zexion wasn't someone you could fight in CoM. :O

It took me three tries with Ansem. I'd suggest evading his attacks, using zero cards to break his powerful attacks and making sure to level up really high. I rushed when I fought him and regretted it until I level grind. Ansem was the toughest opponent I fought, compared to Sora's playthrough.

TheKelsblade

^ I was gonna offer advice when this caught my eye. I didn't know Zexion wasn't someone you could fight in CoM. :O

It took me three tries with Ansem. I'd suggest evading his attacks, using zero cards to break his powerful attacks and making sure to level up really high. I rushed when I fought him and regretted it until I level grind. Ansem was the toughest opponent I fought, compared to Sora's playthrough.

Yes ma'am! Kinda wish it would've stayed that way, but I'm glad I fought him. He's "interesting", to say the least, haha.

I'm fine up until Ansem's last life bar ... then he goes completely ape shit. I'm level 51, so I feel like I shouldn't be having any problems. Then again, it's only the master of darkness I'm up against. Ya knowwwww.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'll take that outlook :D

I've been literally trying every strategy and his little demon bitch keeps blocking my sleights at JUST the right time. Trying not to rage quit for the night, hahaha. Even the walkthrough guide I'm using says "If you're prone to game rage, you might want to take precaution before tackling Riku's final confrontation."

It's like the guide knows me :p
lol If that's the case I'd say its safe to ditch that guide. xD

I'm fine up until Ansem's last life bar ... then he goes completely ape shit. I'm level 51, so I feel like I shouldn't be having any problems. Then again, it's only the master of darkness I'm up against. Ya knowwwww.
You should be fine on that level, I'm always at 50 when I beat riku's story. The key to Ansem is avoiding him and breaking his cards as KitKat stated.

TheKelsblade

Yep, thanks for the advice! I took a food break and then I'm going to attempt him again.

Thanks to you both! :cool:

TheKelsblade

For now I'm holding off on the sleights. Playing Genie and Dragon Maleficent.

I'm just going to focus solely on card breaking him and card dueling him as much as I can. Card dueling is a pretty simple way to do some serious damage.

EDIT: Beat him. Now just gathering the Organization XIII member cards throughout the worlds. Beginning 358/2 tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

EDIT: Beat him. Now just gathering the Organization XIII member cards throughout the worlds. Beginning 358/2 tomorrow :)
\*3*/ Congrats! I take it that means your card break and dueling strategy worked~

TheKelsblade

\*3*/ Congrats! I take it that means your card break and dueling strategy worked~

Yes sir! Thank you :3 I dueled him the entire time minus the last bar of health, and beat him in less than 2 minutes! And here I was all along trying to hack his head off (which I thought would be most appropriate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back