• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Re: Chain of Memories HD Screenshots from Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Chain of Memories HD Screenshots from Famitsu!

All the updates to KHFM were just there to make gameplay easier. Re:CoM didn't need any of that because its gameplay was fine the way it was.
I know many members who would disagree on the gameplay ;)

Exactly; you proved my point.
What? I proved your point by correcting your mistake?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

gw_riku_zps0c9739e3.jpg

Jesus, Riku! What sleight is that, that it requires a minideck unto itself? *u*

Seriously, is this new, or was I just oblivious to this command in Re:CoM?

(Also, I know it's not a Famistu screen, but it's relevant.)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I can only imagine how pretty that stained glass texture was

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

03.jpg

Namine does look updated there.
Wow both Larxene and Namine look great in this pic, there's so much expression in just the eyes alone. I can't wait until I get to see this scene voiced on my ps3.

gw_riku_zps0c9739e3.jpg

That's a pretty impressive move, looks pretty cool.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Wow both Larxene and Namine look great in this pic, there's so much expression in just the eyes alone. I can't wait until I get to see this scene voiced on my ps3.

Indeed. Namin
é particularly exudes this heart-wrenching anxiety. (Something unrelated to the HD aspect, I just noticed, is how perfect Larxene's ear is compared to hers, which looks boxy and unfinished.) Anyways.

That's a pretty impressive move, looks pretty cool.

I want to execute it. 8|

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

gw_riku_zps0c9739e3.jpg

It's a Duel Sleight, meaning that before this both Hades and Riku played a card of the same value. Riku won the Duel of seven cards and as a result, Dark Barrage (since he's in Dark Mode).

I spammed the CRAP out of those Duel Sleights when fighting Lexaeus. Dude's a pain in the ass. :\

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Indeed. Namin
é particularly exudes this heart-wrenching anxiety. (Something unrelated to the HD aspect, I just noticed, is how perfect Larxene's ear is compared to hers, which looks boxy and unfinished.) Anyways.

I want to execute it. 8|

Yeah I agree. I find that a little odd but you're right about the ears, though it could actually only have to do with them having diffrent ear shapes.

Me too, but without Re:CoM I'll have to wait until KH1.5 is released to try it out.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I spammed the CRAP out of those Duel Sleights when fighting Lexaeus. Dude's a pain in the ass. :\

Sleights are what got me through the entire end of Riku's story haha xD What would we do without them xP

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Yeah, but people complain about the battle system because they just don't like CoM's card system altogether. KH1's on the other hand was way too clunky and very annoying. Adding reaction commands and moving the camera to the right stick only made the gameplay easier.

What? I proved your point by correcting your mistake?

I know I made a mistake. What I'm trying to say is that it's a remaster. Yes, it would be nice if there were any extras added to the game like there was for KH1. But Re: CoM was already remade from a GBA game to a PS2 one with added extras. We're even getting the treat of having it remade again in HD. I'd say that's a good enough deal on its own.

Nevertheless, I was pretty disappointed when I saw the Disney scenes still in text bubbles. Having them voiced would've made the worlds feel less empty.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

People just complain because it was "Too hard". The gameplay was fine, and worked wonderfully. They didn't need to change the gameplay at all because nothing was really broken

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Zexion looks updated as well. <3 That's the first time I seen that dual sleight. ouo I used mostly zero cards to break my opponents attacks when I played as Riku.

The new screen shots look nice. Really made my day to see this. :)

Cloud2121

I loved the battle system! I just loved the complexity of it and the feeling of victory when I break my opponents sleights. >:D

I also have unconditional love for this game, it was my very first KH game. :3 Yay for a remaster!

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

It's a Duel Sleight, meaning that before this both Hades and Riku played a card of the same value. Riku won the Duel of seven cards and as a result, Dark Barrage (since he's in Dark Mode).

Oooh thanks for the clarification, Mirbs. I remember the concept of "dueling" now. I don't think I was ever fast enough to press the triangle button and activate it. So seeing the large stack of cards there threw me off.

kupo1121

Awards

Zexion looks updated as well. <3 That's the first time I seen that dual sleight. ouo I used mostly zero cards to break my opponents attacks when I played as Riku.

Yeah, all my friends who played through Reverse/Rebirth in the GBA CoM used 0 cards to break the enemy's cards in Re:CoM since they were used to the GBA one. I spammed the crap out of Duel Mode haha, I like it a lot ^_^

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

People just complain because it was "Too hard". The gameplay was fine, and worked wonderfully. They didn't need to change the gameplay at all because nothing was really broken

The gameplay was mostly fine, my only complaint with it, other than simply not liking it, is that Sora or Riku had to stand still will reloading the deck, though this might have been a problem with only the GBA version.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

the bosses carried too many 0 cards which lead to frustrating battles decided by luck.

i was fighting the final larxene and axel battles for days.

kupo1121

Awards

the bosses carried too many 0 cards which lead to frustrating battles decided by luck.

i was fighting the final larxene and axel battles for days.

See, after dying to them so many times, I would just wait until they did placed a 0 card and then broke it. Most of the attacks in CoM and even moreso in Re:CoM can be avoided so if you can't break it, just run. Overall, CoM is one of the easier games I find, once you get one or two great sleights and techniques, the game ceases to be difficult (unless you stop using those techniques) ^_^

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

It is nice to see more images.
03.jpg

Woah the detail!! <3

12.jpg

Lol The sleeping Shadow just looks hilarious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back