• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So how long do we have to wait for it to be available on regular Disney+? I'm really excited for this movie, but not 30.- extra francs excited.

I want to say Mulan came out in September on Premier Access and then at no additional cost in December. So probably around June.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
"Ever know that one kid in a group project that didn't pitch in as much yet still got the same grade"? Lol.

I love the Dragon's personality and animation

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I feel a bit unsettled after watching the trailer. Don’t get me wrong, it looks very promising; I guess I got used to Awkwafina’s voice as being husky while here it sounds…I don’t know the word for it. Straightforward?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This movie felt like it was being made with Kingdom Hearts in mind with the various action scenes and set pieces.

Swing

Awards
Meh... I really feel nothing buy watching these trailers. Maybe I should take a very long break from animation. After a while, they look, sound, and feel very similar to each other.

Last edited:

Barrett

Awards
This movie felt like it was being made with Kingdom Hearts in mind with the various action scenes and set pieces.
Raya-and-Namaari-raya-and-the-last-dragon-43770404-1920-804.jpg

Having multiple boss fights between Raya and Namaari would be so sick since they do fight each other in at least two different areas. Knowing how Disney boss battles go, it'd probably end up being just one fight tho (if they even let her have one). 😔

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Random fact that has me excited for this film: One of the writers for this film was my lecturer at college. I'm really happy to see that he made it all the way to Disney.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Don't know why so many complain. It looks good and seems to have good female characters.

The only legitimate complaints I've heard is the voice case being East Asian instead of being Southeast Asian. Everything else is just a relatively minor nitpick.

Swing

Awards
Personally, I get more of an Avatar: The Last Airbender-vibe from it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Zettaflare said:
I love the Dragon's personality and animation

I'm getting strong Genie vibes from her, and I like it.

I'll definitely get around to this once it settles on regular D+.

Barrett

Awards
The official Walt Disney Animation Studios YouTube uploaded the international trailer for Raya and the Last Dragon. The trailer contains a lot more scenes not shown in other trailers, so it might be worth checking out if you wanna see more of the film before it comes out.

Last edited:

Lulcy

Awards
Reviews for the movie are out:

Barrett

Awards
Finished watching the film and YO, that was so good, imo. Honestly this and Frozen 2 truly feel like they're the start of a new era for Walt Disney Animation. I can't wait to see how the studio goes forward from here on out!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I found that line kind of jarring, actually. Why would a dragon in ancient times make such a modern reference? Lol.
Same reason as a genie would make direct references to modern things and people in medieval Arabia? Lol.

It's just Disney appealing to younger kids who may not really care about such things as continuity.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Solid film. Has its issues like any film does, but it had a lot of heart. The world of Kumandra was beautiful with an interesting lore. It deserves a sequel or a TV show to expand on it.

Raya and Namaari are absolutely childhood friends-to-enemies-to-lovers

PRINCESS OF HEART

Back