• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Raven's Eye Investigation Agency -- The Return

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
[Currently Full. Please Post if you wish to join a Queue]
Raven's Eye Investigation Agency

“Did you see that priest the other day? He seriously thought he could cha--”

“Psst, hey Corbin, we're filming.”

“Oh? Oh!”

-Throat clearing-

Hello, viewers... Do you have a pest problem? I'm not talking about your normal rats or snakes or insects... Do you have pests that are strange, eerie, or downright sinister? Ever think that something from beyond the stars might be living under your staircase? Perhaps you hear whispers in the night telling you to travel to an island in the middle of an ocean to awaken a spirit of some sort. Maybe a relative or a pet has gone missing and you feel it's for some kind of sacrifice... Whatever the case, you shouldn't have to deal with these things. As with everything else in the world, there's someone who does that job, too. My name is Corbin Ashcroft, and I run the Raven's Eye Investigation Agency. We at Raven's Eye are dedicated to the sole duty of dealing with the strange, supernatural, and occult. If you have a problem – no matter if it's a pesky Deep One or The King in Yellow, we'll help you through it. Our fees are the lowest you'll find... Hell, they're the only ones you'll find. So if you have a problem that you think we can handle, come on down to our offices at...”

The Raven's Eye Investigation Agency. A group of people with special talents and/or abilities that have been excelling at dealing with anything not of this world since 1708, when it was founded by Methuselah Ashecroft in western London. Whether it's a spirit, spectre, or Spply'aega, this group has been secretly keeping the world safe one pest at a time. They've operated in the shadows, only showing themselves at the direst of times.

… However, times nowadays are tough. So, instead of secrecy, the latest head of the Agency, Corbin Ashcroft, has opted to open the doors of the agency so that they can make more money to support their agendum. After all, private donations can only go so far.

Your job here at Raven's Eye is to investigate, alleviate, and desecrate anything that's out of the ordinary. Anything from a simple ghost to a horrid thousand-eyed beast that heralds itself as the next coming of Yog-Sothoth. Many individuals of many unique talents work for Corbin – from simple gun-slingers with experience in the field to psychics. Even though they may be different, they all work towards the same goal – making the world a better place... and making money.

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Role-Players of all ages! This is my first Role-Play in quite some time, and I figured I'd start by revamping and redoing an old tale of mine. This role play is a mix of detective/action/supernatural elements, and should be quite a bit of fun. Let's get some ground rules:

Rules
1.) No God Moding or Power-Playing
2.) There is a standard to my Role-Plays. I expect literacy, creativity, and paragraphs. No, I don't mean that as in your post needs to be 8 paragraphs long, I mean it as in you should have at least one good paragraph in your post.

3.) I don't care about the graphic/maturity level of your post, but I don't want anything senseless or immature or in bad taste (unless it's hilarious >.>). Also, remember to keep your posts within the rules of KHI.

4.) Romance is fine, and can even add layers of detail and complexity to an RP, but don't make this all about getting the boy/girl/tentacle beast.

5.) Don't machine-gun post, but do try to post at least once every other day. At the BARE minimum once every 3 days.

6.) Have fun, and remember that it's all relative to the amount of effort you put into your work. ^_^

Template(s):

-- I am not a fan of templates unless they need to be used specifically. However, what I do expect is that your first post will tell us everything we need to know about your character. Your character CAN have powers in this role-play, but keep them supernatural themed (psychic abilities, phasing, etc.). No God Powers please. Also, if your "template post" doesn't include something in particular that's important about your character (like a power) then don't blame me if we go on assuming you don't have an ability and bitch at you later. =D

A Few Template Guidelines (Things to remember to put into your intro/template post):

-- You can have a power. Any of the various psychic/occult abilities, and anything that would fit the supernatural theme. However, nothing on a high level (like being able to rearrange the molecules of a building).

-- We ARE human. There is NO ONE under 21. So I don't want to see any 17 year old investigators running around.

-- A name and something of a description so we have an idea of what you look like.

-- You do NOT have to have a power. On the contrary, someone who's a good gun-slinger or detective can be just as badass as someone who's telepathic. Trust me, I've ran enough of these things to know.

Sign-Up List:
-- Myself
Dark-Disciple
Sepulchre
The Professor
Evangeline
Aliahya
Semper Sanctum

Last edited:

Sepulchre

Awards
I'm in, so long as the number of total RP'ers stays at a relatively low number - around five or six, I would say. I do so hate a packed RP. Tends to stifle individual character development, and I usually wind up getting confuzzled by all the names in my old age. >.>

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I'd like to take this for a spin or three.

Hoping to flesh out a character superbly. :3

Kouryuu

Right behind you...Mwa hahaha! Ok, not really.
I'm kind of interested, the only other rp I'm interested in doesn't seem to be going anywhere unfortunately because no one else seems interested. I'll think about it but I'll need to wait until I get my own piece of shit..er, computer back from the shop.

Lord of Chaos

Alright then! It looks like we're full for now. I will create a thread shortly for the Role-Play and send you Private Messages detailing this a bit more.

Thank you all for joining. ^_^

Semper Sanctum

Name: Soma Devista
Nicknamed: Cuppajoe or simply Joe

Ability: To a limited extent, Soma posseses the ability to feed on supernatural energies. By doing so, he can locate and slightly weaken supernatural entities around him. Being in the presence of these beings over longer periods of time enables him to drain their energy more and more, although the rate is merely a trickle effect. Advanced collections of energy can be used to emulate the powers of the beings who he draws the energy from. (This will not be heavily abused, my posts should show that the ability is on a minimal scale, things like causing ghosts to fade and gathering the ability to walk through walls. The time it would take to drain an entire ghost of power, about half an hour, would only fuel him for about 5 minutes)

Soma is a constant pranksters, taking much pleasure in the hunting of non-aggressive nuisances. His nickname comes from his addiction to coffee, he is constantly drinking it. He often finds it hard to know when he should be serious, and could easily be comedic relief, even in the most dire situations. He is a tall, thin man, with brown cropped hair and large round glasses with no lenses. He never leaves his trenchcoat behind, it's just too awesome.

Honip Vale

It wouldn't be too late for a "Badass Normal" would it? I had an idea for a scout character, who has been driven insane by his constant encounters with this stuff, but is still insanely good at what he does, so they put up with his rather odd antics, and improvised weaponry. And yes, pun intended.

Lord of Chaos

As much as I would like to accept you Nigga Sauce, for now the sign up is closed. However, if someone fails to make an appearance, you shall be notified immediately.

The same goes to the rest of you. I shall edit the first post with the necessary information.

EDIT: Also, Semper, there is no need for a template. I do appreciate the given information, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back